Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:01 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 718 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.88
WE:Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
lpetroski wrote:
Has anyone heard anything yet? 5 more days till the deadline!

I think they are all going to go out on the 12th (invites and rejections).
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Hi All,

I don't remember LBS asking for a photograph of the candidate. Does anyone remember if they asked for it as a part of their application form anywhere? Just trying to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nigushto wrote:
Hi All,

I don't remember LBS asking for a photograph of the candidate. Does anyone remember if they asked for it as a part of their application form anywhere? Just trying to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Cheers!

Yes, I remember it either on my resume (the LBS format) or as part of the application. I don't think it's a crucial element though.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
lpetroski wrote:
nigushto wrote:
Hi All,

Cheers!

Yes, I remember it either on my resume (the LBS format) or as part of the application. I don't think it's a crucial element though.

Can you point me to the LBS CV template for MBA? I am unable to find one on their website. The only one I can find is for their MIM program which I don't think is suitable for experienced candidates.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nigushto wrote:
lpetroski wrote:
nigushto wrote:
Hi All,

Cheers!

Can you point me to the LBS CV template for MBA? I am unable to find one on their website. The only one I can find is for their MIM program which I don't think is suitable for experienced candidates.

Yes, I struggled to find it too. I can do on Monday. Please PM me as a reminder.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
lpetroski wrote:
nigushto wrote:
Hi All,

Cheers!

Was there any resume format??? I did not find one and use one!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.79
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
diehardmbafan wrote:
lpetroski wrote:
nigushto wrote:
Hi All,

Cheers!

Was there any resume format??? I did not find one and use one!

No, there was no LBS specific CV format to upload for the application. Keep calm
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks Abehajjer7.. I was little worried...

I attended info session in Delhi, India last week and was little surprised to see attendance of not more than 20 people. I have attended info sessions of many US b schools and the attendance in those info sessions was always more than 50 (to say the least). Not sure, if not many people are applying from India to LBS (given the uncertainty around Brexit and visa regulations).

But overall, the info session was good.. 707 average GMAT score, diverse class, 93% of class accepting job offers, flexibility for multiple internships, overall academic curriculum, option to waive certain subjects were some of the highlights of the info session. They managed to get 4 alumni to talk to prospective students - 2 from the class of 2016, one from class of 2007 and one from class of 2010. Overall, alums were satisfied with their experience and the overall program.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM

I attended info session in Delhi, India last week and was little surprised to see attendance of not more than 20 people. I have attended info sessions of many US b schools and the attendance in those info sessions was always more than 50 (to say the least). Not sure, if not many people are applying from India to LBS (given the uncertainty around Brexit and visa regulations).

But overall, the info session was good.. 707 average GMAT score, diverse class, 93% of class accepting job offers, flexibility for multiple internships, overall academic curriculum, option to waive certain subjects were some of the highlights of the info session. They managed to get 4 alumni to talk to prospective students - 2 from the class of 2016, one from class of 2007 and one from class of 2010. Overall, alums were satisfied with their experience and the overall program.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance
Schools: IESE '19 (II)
Send PM
diehardmbafan wrote:

Thanks

Hey man, how did you get invited to the LBS info session ?? There are no info sessions planned in India, as per their calendar.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
vharsh wrote:
diehardmbafan wrote:

Thanks

Hey man, how did you get invited to the LBS info session ?? There are no info sessions planned in India, as per their calendar.

Agree, there was no info session planned for India this year, at least I did not find any info on LBS website.

I received an email from the school about a month back and registered for the event.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: LBS '19 (A)
Send PM
Sent my application with a 690 Gmat (Q47,V38).
I hope my finance background is enough to overcome the 65%percentile in quant.

Good luck on Wednesday!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I applied with a score of 700 (Q48, V38). Little worried as this score is less than the average GMAT score of the previous year. But hoping my finance background and CFA (L3 candidate) should help me strengthen my case.. All the best to us for tomorrow..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
On a different note, does anybody know how many people get scholarship? and what is the criteria for scholarship? Is LBS known to be generous for awarding scholarships?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Based off last year, people started getting invites a day earlier at 11am UK time. Which means in an hour... Wonder if it's similar this year.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
alishaikha wrote:
Based off last year, people started getting invites a day earlier at 11am UK time. Which means in an hour... Wonder if it's similar this year.

Damn :cry: :cry: :cry:

This wait is not good :|
Manager
Manager
Send PM
alishaikha wrote:

I think last year was an anomaly. for the class of 2017 and 2016, results were announced on the day they were supposed to be announced.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts