Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:13 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [1]
Given Kudos: 916
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V44
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 9245 [1]
Given Kudos: 91
 Q51  V47
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Questions: How to solidify my 750 in the next 7 days [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi bgpower,

At your current scoring level, the GMAT becomes really 'sensitive' to silly/little mistakes - if you make too many of them, then a 750+ score is simply not possible. You've been emphasizing hard questions during practice, but getting hard questions wrong won't matter if you're making too many mistakes on 'gettable' questions.

With just a few days before your Official GMAT, you shouldn't be doing anything too strenuous (no CATs, no 'cramming', etc.), but you should put a bit of time into your overall organization, "pad work" and mentality. Calm Test Takers who take organized notes tend to perform better than they would if they were anxious or doing work 'in their heads.' If the analysis is accurate, and you're making too many silly mistakes, then you have to fix THAT 'mechanical' problem above all else.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Send PM
Thank you, guys! Your insights helped me reflect on my final days of preparation. And here I am, just 36 hours away from my GMAT date. In the last few days, I did 2 CAT's to improve my stamina. Yesterday, I got a 730 (Q49, V40) and today - a 760 (Q49, V44). Though I had done these tests back in November I didn't remember almost any question, so I hope those results at least point in a correct direction. I did AWA, IR, Q and V.

Similar to my last (2nd) GMAT attempt in November, I tend to have a mental blockade during Quant whenever I face a question, which I know how to solve, but just can't get to the point. This happens also when I seem to lose to much time on a harder question. I'm increasingly trying to give up on such questions so to (1) win time, (2) calm down my nerves and (3) allocate this time to other questions I can get correct. Nevertheless, from analyzing the 3 CAT's I did during the last week, it really seems that the easier questions are much more important. If we rely on the GMATClub difficulty rating of certain questions for a second, it seems to be possible that the algorithm can give you an easier question after a correctly answered very hard one, which just shows that we should go there and give it our best! You can't know the answer for every question, but you certainly don't need to answer every question to get an excellent score!

Lastly, I learned that (especially in my case), I have to jump the psychological barrier of the test. Today I was much more calm then yesterday and even if it does not reflect in my quant score, it was a completely different feeling! Then the problems are also fun!

Will keep you posted!
GMAT Club Bot