Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 11:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2011
Posts: 97
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.66
WE: Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 21:40
Hey,

Does anyone think (has it happened in the past) that the interview invites for Oct 23rd might trickle down a bit today or maybe tomorrow or is Nov the only date to look forward to?

Regards
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 97
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 12

Reviews Badge
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 00:06
mudit234 wrote:
Hey,

Does anyone think (has it happened in the past) that the interview invites for Oct 23rd might trickle down a bit today or maybe tomorrow or is Nov the only date to look forward to?

Regards


I guess we will come to know by tommorow morning
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Aug 2011
Posts: 51
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
Schools: McCombs '16 (M)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 16

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 07:46
bond007 wrote:
greenmurph wrote:
canadianchamp wrote:

For everyone else - keep your hopes up. As per Soojin:
"Remember that when you are invited to interview has no correlation with your likelihood of admission."


Yes, I agree. I do think it's randomized as to whether you get an invite now or in November. I think they just don't have time to look at every application immediately. You may be their ideal candidate - they just haven't looked at your application yet. Don't give up hope!


I hope there's some truth to them not inviting in the first wave because they didn't have the time to look at it yet vs seeking out the most competitive stats first, and then going for the lesser guys.



I do hope so too, but someone mentioned an affinity (or a lack thereof) for internationals/Indians?. I saw on another website that 2 Indians did confirm they were invited, but the both had a 750 score. Also some metrics on applicants (all nationalities) this year generated an avg GMAT of 705 (in line with the Ross avg.) , while the avg GMAT for those invited yesterday was 722, a whole 20-odd points off the avg. Note that there there were a few high 600s in there, but who's to say they weren't promising candidates in other aspects. Disturbing stats? Ross could just be showing affection for those who they feel might be lured elsewhere (say in that narrow window until next batch of invites went out?) based on their stats, while abiding by the commitment that they would not necessarily consider these higher priority over the next batch when it came down to admitting? I would like to give Ross the benefit of the doubt. :)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Feb 2012
Posts: 44
Location: United States
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 9

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 07:55
Your basing your premise on 7 data points on a self reported GMAT forum to determine that it was 20 points off the average. That is nowhere even remotely close to representative of the entire population. They say it doesn't matter when you are invited, and they send out a lot of interview invites in both rounds. What is the purpose of getting worked up about this stuff and guessing? I know two candidates who interviewed in the second wave last year. Both got accepted, and one got a full ride.




Daedalus3 wrote:


I do hope so too, but someone mentioned an affinity (or a lack thereof) for internationals/Indians?. I saw on another website that 2 Indians did confirm they were invited, but the both had a 750 score. Also some metrics on applicants (all nationalities) this year generated an avg GMAT of 705 (in line with the Ross avg.) , while the avg GMAT for those invited yesterday was 722, a whole 20-odd points off the avg. Note that there there were a few high 600s in there, but who's to say they weren't promising candidates in other aspects. Disturbing stats? Ross could just be showing affection for those who they feel might be lured elsewhere (say in that narrow window until next batch of invites went out?) based on their stats, while abiding by the commitment that they would not necessarily consider these higher priority over the next batch when it came down to admitting? I would like to give Ross the benefit of the doubt. :)
[/quote][/quote]
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Aug 2011
Posts: 51
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
Schools: McCombs '16 (M)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 16

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 08:13
[quote="anonymous2012"]Your basing your premise on 7 data points on a self reported GMAT forum to determine that it was 20 points off the average. That is nowhere even remotely close to representative of the entire population. They say it doesn't matter when you are invited, and they send out a lot of interview invites in both rounds. What is the purpose of getting worked up about this stuff and guessing? I know two candidates who interviewed in the second wave last year. Both got accepted, and one got a full ride.
[quote]

I'm speculating based on the data I had access to: 11 data points to be precise. No one's getting worked up. Just sharing information. That said, I do hope people don't fret over what I shared. It's data, and whatever it may or may not point to, its not in anyone's control outside of adcom; I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

Peace.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Feb 2012
Posts: 44
Location: United States
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 9

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 09:40
11 people reported interviews, 7 of them reported GMAT's. And the avg GMAT Club member's GMAT was 719 that is applying to Ross. My point was not to be harsh (and I apologize if it came off that way), but that data definitely is not indicative of a higher quality pool in the 1st wave of interviews.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2012
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 10:02
Interview invite!!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2011
Posts: 122
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 10:34
classof2015 wrote:
Interview invite!!

Did you get the invite today ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2012
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 20:26
query007 wrote:
classof2015 wrote:
Interview invite!!

Did you get the invite today ?


On October 23, 2012
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 1088
Followers: 70

Kudos [?]: 442 [0], given: 450

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 02:23
Daedalus3 wrote:
anonymous2012 wrote:

I'm speculating based on the data I had access to: 11 data points to be precise. No one's getting worked up. Just sharing information. That said, I do hope people don't fret over what I shared. It's data, and whatever it may or may not point to, its not in anyone's control outside of adcom; I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

Peace.


one more data point to analyse - 750 :)
_________________

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2011
Posts: 97
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.66
WE: Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 03:44
Guess no trickling down of invites anymore.. Gotta wait for Nov now!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2011
Posts: 32
Location: United States (IL)
GMAT 1: 750 Q V0
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 07:18
jumsumtak wrote:
Daedalus3 wrote:
anonymous2012 wrote:

I'm speculating based on the data I had access to: 11 data points to be precise. No one's getting worked up. Just sharing information. That said, I do hope people don't fret over what I shared. It's data, and whatever it may or may not point to, its not in anyone's control outside of adcom; I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

Peace.


one more data point to analyse - 750 :)



You can add my 750 to the 'invited' data set.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 06 Feb 2011
Posts: 6
Schools: LBS
WE 1: 3 years in accounting (part-time during education)
WE 2: 5 years in IT-consulting (full-time)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 11:26
Got my invite yesturday. That was surprisingly quick. )
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 57
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 8

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 11:38
Received an invite on 10/23 as well.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Oct 2012
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 15:41
I'm a class of 2014 Rosser and I'm here to help.

You've all brought up some good points so far, but I'd like to calm all your nerves.

For the Indians, I wouldn't worry too much. Ross is very Indian friendly, we have a history of that.
For the GMAT theory, trust me 750 is definitely not a key reason to get interviewed.
The interviews generally come in waves, and the thing with Ross is you are a chance until you get a ding letter - which can be way after initial interview invites go out. So take it as it comes - Ross is awesome! Let me know if you have any questions.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Posts: 185
Awesome Level: 10++
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 26

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 16:12
Rosser2014 wrote:
I'm a class of 2014 Rosser and I'm here to help.

You've all brought up some good points so far, but I'd like to calm all your nerves.

For the Indians, I wouldn't worry too much. Ross is very Indian friendly, we have a history of that.
For the GMAT theory, trust me 750 is definitely not a key reason to get interviewed.
The interviews generally come in waves, and the thing with Ross is you are a chance until you get a ding letter - which can be way after initial interview invites go out. So take it as it comes - Ross is awesome! Let me know if you have any questions.

what is your guess on the percentage of your class that has a gmat between 650 and 630?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2011
Posts: 122
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 03:48
Rosser2014 wrote:
I'm a class of 2014 Rosser and I'm here to help.

You've all brought up some good points so far, but I'd like to calm all your nerves.

For the Indians, I wouldn't worry too much. Ross is very Indian friendly, we have a history of that.
For the GMAT theory, trust me 750 is definitely not a key reason to get interviewed.
The interviews generally come in waves, and the thing with Ross is you are a chance until you get a ding letter - which can be way after initial interview invites go out. So take it as it comes - Ross is awesome! Let me know if you have any questions.


Is there any criteria at all, to split candidates into 2 waves ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Posts: 11
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 03:57
query007 wrote:
Rosser2014 wrote:
I'm a class of 2014 Rosser and I'm here to help.

You've all brought up some good points so far, but I'd like to calm all your nerves.

For the Indians, I wouldn't worry too much. Ross is very Indian friendly, we have a history of that.
For the GMAT theory, trust me 750 is definitely not a key reason to get interviewed.
The interviews generally come in waves, and the thing with Ross is you are a chance until you get a ding letter - which can be way after initial interview invites go out. So take it as it comes - Ross is awesome! Let me know if you have any questions.


Is there any criteria at all, to split candidates into 2 waves ?


I think its mostly to distribute workload for adcom. But then again they might focus locally first, by interviewing ones who are closer to US and in the next lap go for distant applicants. Not that your location would have any bearing on getting an invite.
_________________

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand - Confucius

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Posts: 11
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 04:01
Just realized that there has been a hattrick of 007 ending username responses :P

bond007 -> query007 -> ash007 :D
_________________

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand - Confucius

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Posts: 185
Awesome Level: 10++
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 26

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 07:21
ash007 wrote:
Just realized that there has been a hattrick of 007 ending username responses :P

bond007 -> query007 -> ash007 :D

that is too cool. we are all meant to be in Ross then
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 26 Oct 2012, 07:21
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
340 Experts publish their posts in the topic Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants jko 1441 03 Jul 2012, 06:46
10 Experts publish their posts in the topic Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants aerien 56 25 Dec 2012, 20:57
38 Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! Yahsek 1305 17 Jul 2008, 02:38
23 Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants... lanter1 2060 09 Aug 2007, 06:23
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  73    Next  [ 1442 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.