Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 20:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Schulich Winter 2014 [FT at Keele Campus]

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 6
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Schulich Winter 2014 [FT at Keele Campus] [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2013, 23:54
Hi Guys,

Initiating a thread for all applicants/admits. We can get in touch, and offer advice or clear up questions! I've been admitted into the Winter 2014 program. Here's a bit about me:

Raghavendra Agrawal (Raghav)
GMAT - 690 | IELTS 8.5
Work Ex 3+ (Trade/Project Management)

Hope to get in touch with my future batch mates!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Jul 2013
Posts: 11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Schulich Winter 2014 [FT at Keele Campus] [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2013, 04:28
RaghavAgrawal wrote:
Hi Guys,

Initiating a thread for all applicants/admits. We can get in touch, and offer advice or clear up questions! I've been admitted into the Winter 2014 program. Here's a bit about me:

Raghavendra Agrawal (Raghav)
GMAT - 690 | IELTS 8.5
Work Ex 3+ (Trade/Project Management)

Hope to get in touch with my future batch mates!



Hey Raghav,
I have yet to apply for an admit to Schulich and was hoping to give my GMAT by October 2013..
I had a couple of doubts though if you could help me out as Schulich is one of my target schools..
I will be applying for Fall 2014 and hence my application will be sent by Dec 2013 by when my job ex will be just 22 months,however i plan to continue to work till i have a job ex of 2.5 years,so will they count my job ex at the time of application or my experience till my relieving date?

Also,my company delivers the experience letter 2-3 months after leaving the company so will i need to have the experience letter in hand at the time of admission or will they accept the letter if it is delivered a little late?

As far as the winter program for the MBA goes,what is the deadline for application to Schulich in case i think of joining in winter instead of fall 2014?

Awaiting your quick response.

Thanks,
Aditya
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 6
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Schulich Winter 2014 [FT at Keele Campus] [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2013, 00:32
adityakaul11 wrote:
Hey Raghav,
I have yet to apply for an admit to Schulich and was hoping to give my GMAT by October 2013..
I had a couple of doubts though if you could help me out as Schulich is one of my target schools..
I will be applying for Fall 2014 and hence my application will be sent by Dec 2013 by when my job ex will be just 22 months,however i plan to continue to work till i have a job ex of 2.5 years,so will they count my job ex at the time of application or my experience till my relieving date?

Also,my company delivers the experience letter 2-3 months after leaving the company so will i need to have the experience letter in hand at the time of admission or will they accept the letter if it is delivered a little late?

As far as the winter program for the MBA goes,what is the deadline for application to Schulich in case i think of joining in winter instead of fall 2014?

Awaiting your quick response.

Thanks,
Aditya


As I see it, they'll consider your work-ex up-till the time you fill out the application. They MAY know that you're still working, but from an AdCom's point of view, they'll compare you against the people that they have at that very moment; as a result I doubt they'll give your future (from the time of application) work-ex much importance.

Schulich doesn't require an experience letter. All they need is your professional summary in the form of a CV.

Please search through the Schulich website for the deadline. It is impolite to expect people to Google for you.

Good luck!
Neeley Thread Master
avatar
Status: Prep Mode
Joined: 25 Apr 2012
Posts: 165
Location: India
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 69

Reviews Badge
Re: Schulich Winter 2014 [FT at Keele Campus] [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2013, 07:37
Hi Raghav,

Congrats for the admit. Any signs of scholarship or is the scholarship result still awaited?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 6
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Schulich Winter 2014 [FT at Keele Campus] [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2013, 03:57
Gian wrote:
Hi Raghav,

Congrats for the admit. Any signs of scholarship or is the scholarship result still awaited?

Thanks!


Still awaited..
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Aug 2013
Posts: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Schulich Winter 2014 [FT at Keele Campus] [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2013, 02:19
RaghavAgrawal wrote:
Hi Guys,

Initiating a thread for all applicants/admits. We can get in touch, and offer advice or clear up questions! I've been admitted into the Winter 2014 program. Here's a bit about me:

Raghavendra Agrawal (Raghav)
GMAT - 690 | IELTS 8.5
Work Ex 3+ (Trade/Project Management)

Hope to get in touch with my future batch mates!



Congrats Raghav.
Can you share some details about your interview? Was it a telephonic interview.
I am working on my application and will be applying soon.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 6
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Schulich Winter 2014 [FT at Keele Campus] [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2013, 02:44
vatish wrote:
Congrats Raghav.
Can you share some details about your interview? Was it a telephonic interview.
I am working on my application and will be applying soon.


The interview was telephonic and most of the questions were pretty straight forward. No curve balls, at least for me!

Tip- Make a question bank of about 100 possible questions usually asked in an MBA interview, the answers to which are usually in the form of an example (a short "story"). Now keep these "stories" handy, not the questions; give them a title and write down which attributes of yourself and your application each story depicts. Keep the list of stories handy at the time of the interview, in case you need it.

Good luck! Do let us know how it goes.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Aug 2013
Posts: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Schulich Winter 2014 [FT at Keele Campus] [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2013, 03:33
Thanks Raghav.

If you don't mind, can I ask you if you have figured out finances? Can we apply for student loan from Canada as rate in India is pretty high?

RaghavAgrawal wrote:
vatish wrote:
Congrats Raghav.
Can you share some details about your interview? Was it a telephonic interview.
I am working on my application and will be applying soon.


The interview was telephonic and most of the questions were pretty straight forward. No curve balls, at least for me!

Tip- Make a question bank of about 100 possible questions usually asked in an MBA interview, the answers to which are usually in the form of an example (a short "story"). Now keep these "stories" handy, not the questions; give them a title and write down which attributes of yourself and your application each story depicts. Keep the list of stories handy at the time of the interview, in case you need it.

Good luck! Do let us know how it goes.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 6
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Schulich Winter 2014 [FT at Keele Campus] [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2013, 02:58
vatish wrote:
Thanks Raghav.
If you don't mind, can I ask you if you have figured out finances? Can we apply for student loan from Canada as rate in India is pretty high?


I'm not sure about that; you'll be better off asking someone else or searching some more.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 6
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Schulich Winter 2014 [FT at Keele Campus] [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2013, 00:24
All admits please join this Facebook Page -

https://www.facebook.com/groups/602451743111954/
BSchool Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 28 Aug 2013
Posts: 26
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Schulich Winter 2014 [FT at Keele Campus] [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2013, 06:58
Hello,

Feel free to post your questions at the mentioned thread, I am currently a full time MBA student at Schulich School of Business and I will be glad to help you guys if you need any

schulich-york-class-of-2016-calling-all-applicants-151645.html#p1216986

Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Aug 2013
Posts: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Schulich Winter 2014 [FT at Keele Campus] [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2013, 20:51
Hello Everybody...I submitted my application on 8th August and was interviewed on 20th August but haven't heard back from college.

Can you tell me how much time they normally take for communicating admission decision?

I also want to know how much does time it takes to secure visa.

Thanks for your help.
BSchool Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 28 Aug 2013
Posts: 26
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Schulich Winter 2014 [FT at Keele Campus] [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2013, 14:08
vatish wrote:
Hello Everybody...I submitted my application on 8th August and was interviewed on 20th August but haven't heard back from college.

Can you tell me how much time they normally take for communicating admission decision?

I also want to know how much does time it takes to secure visa.

Thanks for your help.


Hello,

Sorry for delay in reply, I request you to post your questions to the new thread given below as it is almost next to impossible to visit and respond to all the threads pertaining to Schulich.

The thread is given below

schulich-york-class-of-2016-calling-all-applicants-151645.html

For your questions :

1) You should have heard from the school by now, if you have not, please send them a note (not an aggressive one, but asking if every formality is in order). If you still do not get a reply, please let me know via a PM, and I will get back to you.
2) Visa - acquiring your study visa depends upon multiple factors such as country you are applying from, your past stay/visits at countries other than your home country etc. I would suggest to get in touch with CIC and the respective consulate office of your country to know more about the same

Hope this helps

Thanks
Re: Schulich Winter 2014 [FT at Keele Campus]   [#permalink] 13 Oct 2013, 14:08
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Evening MBA Winter 2014 sandycec 0 29 Jul 2013, 06:52
Experts publish their posts in the topic Do FT MBA programs offer Winter terms? NvrEvrGvUp 4 22 Jul 2013, 19:09
Experts publish their posts in the topic Schulich Jan 2014 Intake- Indian Male-680 nardeep 1 12 Jun 2013, 04:23
Experts publish their posts in the topic Schulich Jan 2014 Intake- Indian Male-680 nardeep 3 12 Jun 2013, 04:22
Schulich 2014 Jan Intake-Indian male - 680 nardeep 1 11 Jun 2013, 07:04
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Schulich Winter 2014 [FT at Keele Campus]

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.