Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:23 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

How can GMAT Club help you in getting off the Waitlist?

14% [1]
14% [1]
14% [1]
57% [4]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V35
GPA: 3.8
WE:Business Development (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V35
GPA: 3.8
WE:Business Development (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Send PM
Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2017 Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink]
I agree with both of you. Even though we heard from the adcom that no waitlist decisions would be released until mid/late May, it sounds like quite a few people found out in April and that's where the 10-15 spots went. I haven't' heard of anyone getting admitted this month.

Although I'd hate to get rejected at this point, it would be nice to have some closure.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I wonder when they will give people a final answer. I know they keep some people all the way until the end, but I would have thought now that other school's final notification dates and deposit dates have passed, they would be able to at least release a good portion of the waitlist. I'm tempted to call admissions anonymously, but worried the might ask my name :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
2017mba wrote:
I wonder when they will give people a final answer. I know they keep some people all the way until the end, but I would have thought now that other school's final notification dates and deposit dates have passed, they would be able to at least release a good portion of the waitlist. I'm tempted to call admissions anonymously, but worried the might ask my name :P

You should call them on a no-names basis!

How many of us are still waiting? I feel like there aren't too many left that's still on the boards.

Or have you all just given up?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
ixthoughtxso wrote:
2017mba wrote:

How many of us are still waiting? I feel like there aren't too many left that's still on the boards.

Well, just called admissions, so wanted to share what they said. As expected, the lady I spoke with wasn't able to provide very much information (such as how many spots might open up, etc.) except that they have in the past admitted students up until the start of school and reevaluate the list as needed throughout sunmmer. I also asked if they planned on making periodic cuts throughout the summer, and she basically said that unless you willingly remove yourself from the list or request a final decision (for example for work or visa reasons), we will all just stay on the list until school starts. Not much, but now at least we know not to expect waves of dings
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Hey 2017mba, thanks for that valuable info. I wonder if any international applicant is still around, considering that the time required for visa may not allow for waiting this long (and most certainly not beyond this month).

2017mba wrote:
ixthoughtxso wrote:
2017mba wrote:

Well, just called admissions, so wanted to share what they said. As expected, the lady I spoke with wasn't able to provide very much information (such as how many spots might open up, etc.) except that they have in the past admitted students up until the start of school and reevaluate the list as needed throughout sunmmer. I also asked if they planned on making periodic cuts throughout the summer, and she basically said that unless you willingly remove yourself from the list or request a final decision (for example for work or visa reasons), we will all just stay on the list until school starts. Not much, but now at least we know not to expect waves of dings
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 131
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 4
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hey there! I'm international and I'm waiting. They said July-1 is the final deadline for all internationals due to visa arrangements. Those who are still waiting pleas share what you did to get off the waitlist and when you sent the last update letter
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
I'm a little bit late, but just wanted to share that I got 2 calls last week from my interviewer, first to confirm my interest/ likelihood of attending and then the next day to offer my a position off the waitlist! My interviewer said at the time they had a few spots they were looking to fill so hopefully others got/ will get some good news as well!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Sloan (MIT) Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Sloan (MIT) Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Sloan (MIT) Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Sloan (MIT) Forum to dive into all things related to Sloan (MIT)'s MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts