Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:33 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.9
WE:Other (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
hern007 wrote:
Thanks. I think they are putting more of an emphasis on high Gpas.

Well... I had a pretty "meh" GPA (3.6 UG / 3.5 G) and am interviewing this week. Probably hard to nail down exactly what gets you in the door...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Pbcars: I am guessing you are from an under-represented industry, such as consumer products?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hern007 wrote:
Pbcars: I am guessing you are from an under-represented industry, such as consumer products?

Well, my industry is certainly not underrepresented in the Stanford community! I'm a designer/developer at a tech startup, with a masters in an unrelated engineering field. Not sure how many designer/developers there are applying to business school, though!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
pbcars wrote:
hern007 wrote:

Well, my industry is certainly not underrepresented in the Stanford community! I'm a designer/developer at a tech startup, with a masters in an unrelated engineering field. Not sure how many designer/developers there are applying to business school, though!

Seems like you're highly welcomed by the different schools! :) Good luck to your interviews!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone actually received rejection letters too or are they sending all of those out at the very end?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.76
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
chicago84 wrote:
Has anyone actually received rejection letters too or are they sending all of those out at the very end?

They said somewhere explicitly that statuses for dinged applicants are updated on the decision date. R1 statistics proveS it to be true.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Anyone who applied to / or applying to Stanford in R3? I am considering applying as Stanford is good in marketing and just 20 miles from where I live. My GMAT is slightly below 700. Just wondering if anyone here who has been admitted with a GMAT < 700 in R3 in Stanford.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I would suggest waiting till next year. So far, if you read the thread, they have not interviewed a single person with a GMAT below 700. In fact, most interviewees have a GMAT above 750, and GPA above 3.6.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 441 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
Send PM
hern007 wrote:
Looks like the typical interviewee profile here is: 3 years work experience, very high 750+ GMAT, 3.7+ GPA.

hern007 wrote:
I would suggest waiting till next year. So far, if you read the thread, they have not interviewed a single person with a GMAT below 700. In fact, most interviewees have a GMAT above 750, and GPA above 3.6.

The GMAT Club thread is a sample. You can't draw conclusions on the whole process from it.

Official data: Average GMAT is 729, range of 550-790.

It's clear that they interview a ton of people with GMAT scores below 700.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Hey all --

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been obsessively checking these boards for people's interview invites, refreshing my gmail constantly, and my nails have been bitten down to nothing since February started. I figured I'd post when I got an interview to let everyone know that the invites are still going out. It seems really random to me, not in waves or even on specific days. Got it just now, 7:30pm PST. All of this to say that Stanford really does mean interviews go out until two weeks beforehand, please don't give up hope. And if you can't stop yourself from checking these boards like me, at least try & remind yourself that your chances don't actually go down with time as someone else posted -- you have the same chances you had when you hit the submit button. Keep the faith and everything will turn out as it's supposed to, I know it's SO hard waiting. I wish everyone tons of luck.

Also, I don't have a 700+ GMAT, so to all of those, don't stop believing :) I've noticed that people often want to know stats of interviewees, but I'm not posting them here because I'm paranoid and don't want to do anything to screw up my interview, so if you want to know something, you can PM me.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
pike wrote:
hern007 wrote:
Looks like the typical interviewee profile here is: 3 years work experience, very high 750+ GMAT, 3.7+ GPA.

hern007 wrote:

The GMAT Club thread is a sample. You can't draw conclusions on the whole process from it.

LOL, that is very dependent on your view of tons. Based on my view of tons I would strongly disagree with you. Median around 730, so 50% below 730, and I would guess that at least half of those are above 700...so less than 25% of the total # of interviews = maybe 200ish people.
Current Student
Send PM
thebdouglas wrote:
pike wrote:
hern007 wrote:

hern007 wrote:

LOL, that is very dependent on your view of tons. Based on my view of tons I would strongly disagree with you. Median around 730, so 50% below 730, and I would guess that at least half of those are above 700...so less than 25% of the total # of interviews = maybe 200ish people.

My point was that it is clearly wrong to state "they have not interviewed a single person with a GMAT below 700", when clearly they have.

25% of all interviews below 700 is still a very sizable number.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pike - something tells me you're indian.
Current Student
Send PM
hern007 wrote:
pike - something tells me you're indian.

Nope.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Got the invite!

It went to my spam folder and has the subject "Free delivery and every day promotions are waiting for those who will take at list few products from our shelves!" Weird spelling error and misleading heading aside, I could NOT be more relieved.

Guys, make sure your email service isn't filtering out messages from "Discount-Canadian-Meds." Other interviewees: Did you have so many choices? Antiobiotics. Pain Killers. Dealing with Depression. Meds for Men. I haven't heard of half of these, but I guess it doesn't matter. Eeeeek. So excited!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [4]
Given Kudos: 9
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
I guess ill just withdraw my application now. It seems Mr. Ahmad Musa from Nigeria wants to give me $100 million.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Kudos
skbhagra wrote:
I guess ill just withdraw my application now. It seems Mr. Ahmad Musa from Nigeria wants to give me $100 million.

I wouldn't withdraw it just yet. He offered me the same thing, but in the end he could only send a check for $35,000 and he needed $7,000 of it back to cover sending fees so I deposited the check and sent him the $7k, but he told me he will finish payments by the end of the year. Until we find out if he will pay it all we should still keep our apps in.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  37   38   39   40   41   42   43  ...  54   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts