Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:17 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
GRE 1: Q163 V170
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.01
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Stanford GSB Calling all applicants for Class of 2016! [#permalink]
keefriffhard wrote:
ASD23 wrote:
Looking grim but I'm just going to be irrational and still hold out hope for an invite. Miracles do happen.

lol me too.

me too. Never lose hope until last minute
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
j0yd1v1s10n wrote:
Any updates/invites today? So quiet!

Hi, again no updates / posts today on an invite - meaning not many here have got one so far?
First time here - based on reading so far - that's rather unusual, isn't it?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Question for the statisticians out there -- isn't round 2 supposed to be more competitive / attract a larger pool of applicants? If so, why do we have a smaller R2 vs. R1 applicant pool here on gmatclub?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
quayhu wrote:
Question for the statisticians out there -- isn't round 2 supposed to be more competitive / attract a larger pool of applicants? If so, why do we have a smaller R2 vs. R1 applicant pool here on gmatclub?

Because many people don't update their status or list a school on their profile until after they've received an interview invite or been admitted to a school.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hmm the status update part I can buy, but not listing a school? The vast majority of posts on this forum are either on gmat prep or the application process itself, so it stands to reason that people are more likely to sign up/list schools during the process, rather than after they've been interviewed/admitted, no?

edit: can we add a big bad red timer counting down to the end of the day on March 4th :D :D ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
j0yd1v1s10n wrote:
What was the context of your call? Did you just cold-call them and ask about invitations?

I am honestly a little bit suspicious/surprised, as my understanding is that admissions offices don't usually talk to candidates about these things over the phone. My understanding is that if you're a waitlist candidate, AdComs will talk to you about your particular case, but yours is LITERALLY the first report I've ever seen of a candidate getting an admissions office staffer to release information about the process as a whole. You'll forgive me if I wonder if you're BSing people, especially because you've taken a negative/contrary tone on this thread for quite a few pages.

So, ILoseUGain, spill the beans: what's your deal? Are you waitlisted from R1? Are you even an applicant? Where are you located? What's your age/WE? On the call today, were you just willing to beg for info? How did the call go? Who did you speak to? What was the tone/context? Did you have to press for the info or did they just volunteer it? Inquiring minds want to know, especially since you don't have any applicant profile listed here and haven't been a member for very long. Where else did you apply? How have things gone for you so far at other schools? Where are you interviewing? You also don't appear to have used the forum to prep for your GMAT. 100% of your posts are in this Stanford thread as well, from end of January until now. Suspicion warranted, in my opinion. My troll-alarm is going off.

First things first, I sincerely think you need to contain your anxiety. You not receiving an invite doesn't mean that you show your frustration on others.
Coming to the other concerns of yours-
i believe that we need to be optimistic until the point we submit our application, then it is time to jump in to being realistic and analyze what went wrong for you. My intent of calling them is completely different and related to me. I did not "beg" for any information. Just before ending up the call, I asked them informally what the current deal was with interview invitations for R2. Why do you feel that they released their admission information? All they did was re-affirm what they stated on their website earlier. As promised, most of the invitations were sent out. I do not know any current student from GSB and so all the information I get ever since my research in to B-schools was from blogs and admissions people on campus. In the past, I wasn't able to get any information related to admission from them and so I know what to expect from them or what kind of questions they need to be asked. So I did not bother asking how many does "too few invitations" can be expected mean. I am not a R1 waitlisted candidate. I am not going to gain anything from BSing you or others. I do realize that each one of you is in the same boat as me. I cannot reveal the persons' name from the admission office because I don't talk to one person each time. All I am bothered about is getting my questions about the school answered. You can be one of those few left to be called. Have your optimism for yourself and good luck.

Originally posted by ILoseUGain on 26 Feb 2014, 09:26.
Last edited by ILoseUGain on 26 Feb 2014, 09:32, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ILoseUGain wrote:
First things first, I sincerely think you need to contain your anxiety. You not receiving an invite doesn't mean that you show it off on others.

It's not anxiety. I just don't trust you for a moment.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
j0yd1v1s10n wrote:

Well, all you want to hear from me that I lied. It is the only thing that makes you feel satisfied. Ok, I lied. All the information I gave above is false. Good luck with your application.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ILoseUGain wrote:
j0yd1v1s10n wrote:

Well, all you want to hear from me that I lied. It is the only thing that makes you feel satisfied. Ok, I lied. All the information I gave above is false. Good luck with your application.

Nope, wrong again, as often seems to be the case with you. I want verifiable facts that are corroborated by evidence. Not a story that sounds suspect. Like I said, you are the first person I've seen who claims that an admissions officer gave them specific information regarding an entire round of applications. If that had been verified by someone else, posted on a blog from the GSB, or contained enough facts from your call, I'd believe it. I'm not hoping you lied. I'm not dissatisfied because of not hearing. I'm frustrated that misinformation/bad information/potential BS is getting posted without criticism or the need to support/back it up.

Do you see the difference?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Statistics
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.63
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
rhtnr wrote:
Profile says 'under review' even for shortlisted candidates. I don't think that will change till 26 March..

My Stanford application status changed (this morning) to :

INTERVIEW GRANTED. YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR FINAL DECISION ON 26 MARCH.

Originally posted by rhtnr on 26 Feb 2014, 11:01.
Last edited by rhtnr on 26 Feb 2014, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tdawg wrote:

We're all under a lot of stress here and a bit jumpy. No need to get uncivil - it won't change our outcome with Stanford. Few days left, so let's sit back and see what happens.

Cheers.

Exactly. Like many of you reported your experiences and helped me out, I reported what I encountered and you can see how one user treats me.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rhtnr wrote:
My Stanford application status changed (this morning) to :

INTERVIEW GRANTED. YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR FINAL DECISION ON 26 MARCH.

Are you done with your interview mate? How did it go?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats! Would you mind sharing background & location?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
quayhu wrote:
Congrats! Would you mind sharing background & location?

Based in US. Work in education sector.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Congrats on the interviews for those of you that have them! Well done! Keep us posted with how they go.

Everyone who is still waiting to hear back - hang in there. It's not over till it's over.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 2.3
WE:Broadcasting (Journalism and Publishing)
Send PM
Anyone in Europe/UK got an invite?!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Any action from other R1 wait-listers? Show some love GSB!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  48   49   50   51   52   53   54  ...  63   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts