Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:43 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Send PM
Re: Stern v. INSEAD [#permalink]
I would need you to choose between banking and consulting. If you want to go down the banking road, NYU; if not, and you want to enter consulting, then INSEAD. I also see that you're in for the Jan term at INSEAD, which means you'll have access to an internship period. So INSEAD could work well for the banking side of things too.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q158 V153
GPA: 3.74
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Stern v. INSEAD [#permalink]
INSEAD is a top 5 school worldwide, Stern - barely made it to top20 in US.
Unless you really want to work on Wall Street/Finance in NY, the choice is obvious.

Also don't forget about the opportunity costs (2 years vs 10 month program) and tuition+living costs in NY.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I'd go for NYU Stern. First of all, I think a 2-year program is a better program for MBA.
NYU Stern is in a fantastic location, NY City, and it has very good relationship with WS.
I'd definitely would go for NYU Stern.
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
With that in mind I would go Stern here. Even with a dip in rankings the school places extremely well on wall street and you are afforded all of the personal and professional opportunities that a school like NYU offers
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
if you have a good GMAT score, I would go with NYU. That is if you're interested in Investment Banking. It's really a hot recruitment at Stern, I know this because two of my 2015 admits there started out in a totally different function in industry and were sucked into hedge funds and investment banking internships this summer

I honestly would not think twice about the ranking situation. Before the technical error they were like number 11 or 12, perceptually, they are a top MBA, and I really think they always will be because, New York. I would think of it as Buy Low sell High.

You have a better chance of getting in because of the issue with the rankings this year.

I would have to agree that if you wanted to go into consulting, INSEAD would potentially be a better match, but of course there are plenty of other schools within the US that could help you get that done, without the brexit risk.

But that said I really don't see London shriveling up anytime soon.

Farrell Dyan Hehn, MBA
Admissions Consultant & Verbal Strategist MBAPrepCoach.com
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Biased here, but I would do INSEAD.

Careerwise, it will get you the job in London (NY it's more difficult but people do it every year); reputationwise I agree it is a matter of fit (I applied to both and withdrew once I got admitted), but I could tell you the diversity and caliber of the class is truly amazing. See it and appreciate it when Wharton and Kellogg students come to do the exchange. Not saying they are worse nor less intelligent, they are bright, but that extra experience INSEAD students tend to have make the discussions incredibly interesting. And lastly, economically it's a no brainer: Less than half of cost if you don't get to live in the Palladium in Stern. You could spend all that money doing other courses even to strengthen your position for your dream job.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
How's Insead been? I'm accepted to Stern but I'm thinking about INSEAD now for the next round or may be the next year.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts