Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:16 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.38
WE:Operations (Consulting)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]
homeone wrote:
anddd the EA round has just been extended another day..
another day to proofread

Due to an oversight in the email that was sent yesterday in which the extended deadline date and day of week were not accurate, this message is to confirm that the Early Action deadline has been extended to tomorrow, Friday, October 10th at 5:00 PM EST.

While we have been working with our vendor to remedy the issue with submitting the application fee payment, we are still seeing some challenges with the technology. In order to extend the opportunity to anyone who was prepared and planning to apply in our Early Action round, we have decided to extend the deadline.

If you have already submitted your application, thank you, we look forward to reading it!

Thank you for your interest in Tuck! Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.

Sincerely,

Dawna Clarke
Director, Admissions

For whatever reasons, I am not getting these emails! Though, I have submitted the app .
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 753
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Received confirmation mail from the admissions office.
Hi [neo656],

Thank you for submitting an application to the Tuck School of Business. Just a quick note to let you know we now have all your materials. Your application is considered complete and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee for the Early Action round. Please contact us with any questions.

[********************]
Office of Admissions
Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
mbathisyear wrote:
homeone wrote:
anddd the EA round has just been extended another day..
another day to proofread

Due to an oversight in the email that was sent yesterday in which the extended deadline date and day of week were not accurate, this message is to confirm that the Early Action deadline has been extended to tomorrow, Friday, October 10th at 5:00 PM EST.

While we have been working with our vendor to remedy the issue with submitting the application fee payment, we are still seeing some challenges with the technology. In order to extend the opportunity to anyone who was prepared and planning to apply in our Early Action round, we have decided to extend the deadline.

If you have already submitted your application, thank you, we look forward to reading it!

Thank you for your interest in Tuck! Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.

Sincerely,

Dawna Clarke
Director, Admissions

For whatever reasons, I am not getting these emails! Though, I have submitted the app .

probably because you submitted. i have my app completed just haven't quite hit the submit button yet. so probably auto generated email based on fact that system shows my app as completed but not submitted yet.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
mbathisyear wrote:

Why would they send you an email regarding extension of submission date, when you have already submitted the app?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
neo656 wrote:
Received confirmation mail from the admissions office.
Hi [neo656],

Thank you for submitting an application to the Tuck School of Business. Just a quick note to let you know we now have all your materials. Your application is considered complete and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee for the Early Action round. Please contact us with any questions.

[********************]
Office of Admissions
Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth

The email i received was as below:

Thank you for applying to the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth. The Admissions Office has received your application materials.

Once we have received your recommendations, they will be matched to your other application materials, and your completed application will be submitted to the admissions committee for review. Incomplete applications cannot be reviewed and will be pushed to the next deadline. Incomplete applications for the April (the last round) deadline will be reviewed in their current status. Please monitor your Apply Yourself application account for the status of materials received as well as your application status (complete/incomplete). We will contact you directly if your application file is missing any supporting materials.

When i submitted on 6th Oct, one of my recommendations wasn't in so i guess that was the reason I didn't receive the confirmation for completion. On 7th, the recommendation was completed (shows in the form too) but i didn't receive an email that my application was complete and will be reviewed for EA. Any thoughts?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
chairman14 wrote:

Thank you for applying to the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth. The Admissions Office has received your application materials.

Once we have received your recommendations, they will be matched to your other application materials, and your completed application will be submitted to the admissions committee for review. Incomplete applications cannot be reviewed and will be pushed to the next deadline. Incomplete applications for the April (the last round) deadline will be reviewed in their current status. Please monitor your Apply Yourself application account for the status of materials received as well as your application status (complete/incomplete). We will contact you directly if your application file is missing any supporting materials.

When i submitted on 6th Oct, one of my recommendations wasn't in so i guess that was the reason I didn't receive the confirmation for completion. On 7th, the recommendation was completed (shows in the form too) but i didn't receive an email that my application was complete and will be reviewed for EA. Any thoughts?

Was it signed off by a person specific and sent from that person's email address? or was it sent from their common email address?
Regardless of the answer to the above, you need to know that what I got was a personal message sent by the lady after she manually checked the integrity of entire package. Once satisfied, she classified it as complete and sent it to the adcom for evaluation. But when I submitted it might have been an easy hour and now their office might very well look an ancient archive room. So, they might take a little bit of time to see if the docs are complete (in your case).
Don't worry if all is submitted. It's Friday night. Grab some beer or wine (if you so please) and enjoy... :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: As an international student…why Tuck?

Wei Xing is a T'16 from Beijing, China. He earned a Bachelor of Engineering from the Beijing Institute of Technology and a Master of Engineering Management from Dartmouth's Thayer School of Engineering. Prior to Tuck, Wei worked in finance in New York City, at an education management firm in Beijing, and most recently, with EF Education First China, also in Beijing. After Tuck, he plans to pursue a career in management consulting.     

What were you looking for in an MBA program?

To me, an MBA is not just a degree. Besides the goal of enhancing my career development and general management skills, I wanted to leverage two years at an MBA program to do some self-reflection. I am trying to find out what truly matters to me, both personally and professionally. Tuck’s close-knit community and “everyone knows everybody else” culture really allow me to do that. I have been learning how to explore different ideas from my classmates with diverse backgrounds and how to integrate their perspectives with my own.

What concerns did you have as an international applicant?

Before Tuck, my concern was how much value I would get from some of Tuck’s quantitative courses that I already took in college. Trying to get full exposure of my study group, I didn’t attempt to exempt Statistics for Managers, a core course in our first term, Fall A. Very different from the course I took in engineering school, Statistics for Managers was focused on thinking as a general manager and how to make business decisions with available data. I ended up enjoying each mini case in this course as well as Professor Neslin’s unique sense of humor!        

Why Tuck?

I came to Tuck mainly because of its people. When I pursued my Master of Engineering Management at Dartmouth in 2006, many Chinese Tuckies voluntarily did mock interviews with me when I was applying for jobs. When I asked Ying Wang, T ’06, who interned at McKinsey to give me a 45 minute mock case interview, that 45 minutes turned into over two hours. Not letting me treat him to dinner, Ying wanted me to return the favor by supporting fellow Tuck and Dartmouth students. I didn’t forget my promise to Ying when I came back to Hanover and I am eager to pass the torch by mentoring classmates and future Tuck students. 

As an international student, how has Tuck supported you?

During my first couple of months at Tuck, I found that the Career Development Office (CDO) was extremely helpful. Before Fall A starts, each student is assigned to a career coach (a CDO member) who maintains active communication and provides thorough career guidance. I recently returned from a consulting trek, led by Associate Director of the CDO, Stephen Pidgeon, where I had the opportunity to visit major consulting firms in Boston, learn their business, and interact with Tuck alumni during receptions. The CDO also organized career sessions designed for international students that occur every two weeks and cover various topics from cultural differences and networking to resume workshops and mock interviews.

Any surprises?

My Tuck Outward Bound experience (aka OB), which was a five day sailing trip in the Gulf of Maine. Ten Tuck students shared one boat and went through a daily rotation program to be captain, navigator, sailor, chef, and so on. Every evening we had a reflection session to give the captain feedback and share our personal stories. Without a laptop or a cell phone and after sleeping in a confined space for five days, I formed a strong bond with the people on my boat even before school started. They still remain my closest friends at Tuck! 

What’s one piece of advice you’d give to an international applicant?

When international applicants have the privilege of choosing among schools they have been admitted to, they should talk to as many people as possible from each MBA program. Though all leading business schools offer top-notch business training and incredible career development resources, the people and culture can be very different. If visiting the schools is not an option, international students should attend information sessions, coffee chats with alumni, and get a sense what type of people they want to learn from, trust, and build friendship with not only throughout two years, but their lifetime.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V45
GPA: 3.67
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
neo656 wrote:
chairman14 wrote:

Was it signed off by a person specific and sent from that person's email address? or was it sent from their common email address?
Regardless of the answer to the above, you need to know that what I got was a personal message sent by the lady after she manually checked the integrity of entire package. Once satisfied, she classified it as complete and sent it to the adcom for evaluation. But when I submitted it might have been an easy hour and now their office might very well look an ancient archive room. So, they might take a little bit of time to see if the docs are complete (in your case).
Don't worry if all is submitted. It's Friday night. Grab some beer or wine (if you so please) and enjoy... :)

Yes, same here. I got a general email upon clicking submit, and a personal email from a single person's name and email address confirming my application is complete.

I submitted my application on Wednesday before the deadline, and received my personal confirmation that they have all of my materials yesterday.

(fair warning: the email was entitled "Tuck Application Status" and nearly gave me a heart attack at work)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
gracerx wrote:
Yes, same here. I got a general email upon clicking submit, and a personal email from a single person's name and email address confirming my application is complete.

I submitted my application on Wednesday before the deadline, and received my personal confirmation that they have all of my materials yesterday.

(fair warning: the email was entitled "Tuck Application Status" and nearly gave me a heart attack at work)

You'll receive another such email 1 week prior to release of EA result. Everyone will. Fair warning to all, don't miss another heartbeat next time you see a email with subject "Tuck Application Status". :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V45
GPA: 3.67
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
neo656 wrote:
gracerx wrote:

You'll receive another such email 1 week prior to release of EA result. Everyone will. Fair warning to all, don't miss another heartbeat next time you see a email with subject "Tuck Application Status". :)

Hah. Thanks for the heads up!

On a slightly different note... does anyone know from last year when those of us not living in the US (who have not been able to take advantage of the student initiated interview) can expect to start receiving interview invites?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
neo656 wrote:
chairman14 wrote:

Thanks! I did take your Friday night advice and eventually got my mail the same night :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
gracerx wrote:
Hah. Thanks for the heads up!

On a slightly different note... does anyone know from last year when those of us not living in the US (who have not been able to take advantage of the student initiated interview) can expect to start receiving interview invites?

I went through last year's thread (yes, the whole of it :-D ), so should be bale to answer that one. Interviews begin sometime 3 weeks after the deadline and continue all the way until the results are declared. Though (last year) people who gave interview close the result-date didn't specify when they got their invite, I would safely assume that invites are sent 2nd week onwards to one week prior to result date...
I hope that helps.. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
chairman14 wrote:
Thanks! I did take your Friday night advice and eventually got my mail the same night :)

So what did you have beer or wine.. :?: :wink:
Good to know that you don't have to worry about this now, should be able to concentrate on rest of your apps.... :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
neo656 wrote:
mbathisyear wrote:

Why would they send you an email regarding extension of submission date, when you have already submitted the app?

Because my reco's are not in Yet!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
neo656 wrote:
mbathisyear wrote:

Because my reco's are not in yet!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
mbathisyear wrote:

Because my reco's are not in yet!

Still! Or the guy sent by the updated deadline...?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V48
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
so i just realized that second years don't have classes this week for a recruiting break. does anyone know if second year students will still be there to give interviews or is it more likely to be an admissions committee member instead?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  66   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts