Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:51 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.89
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
TwoTimesTheCharm wrote:
Submitted! Any idea what the turnaround is on interview invites for R2 applicants?

Did you get a confirmation email that detailed the interview process? Wharton usually sends one saying the window in which interview invites will be sent. Also check Ankur's blog. She tends to mention it there right around the deadline.

Last year I applied 1/4 and was invited on 2/16. Last year I received an email with the subject: Round 2 Information the day after I applied (it may come the day after you apply or the day after the app deadline...I don't know since I applied on the application deadline). The email let me know the different application stages (received, complete, etc.) and the interview invite window. Last year's window was from Thursday 1/26 - Tuesday 2/28. I don't know what it will be this year, just wanted to give you an idea of how it worked in the past.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
i have a quick question and any help will be appreciated. The PDF copy of my application cuts off some of my wordings. is the PDF exactly what adcom sees?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey Guys,

Did you get a notification email from Wharton after you submitted? I did not get one.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
TwoTimesTheCharm wrote:
Submitted! Any idea what the turnaround is on interview invites for R2 applicants?

Did you get a confirmation email that detailed the interview process? Wharton usually sends one saying the window in which interview invites will be sent. Also check Ankur's blog. She tends to mention it there right around the deadline.

Last year I applied 1/4 and was invited on 2/16. Last year I received an email with the subject: Round 2 Information the day after I applied (it may come the day after you apply or the day after the app deadline...I don't know since I applied on the application deadline). The email let me know the different application stages (received, complete, etc.) and the interview invite window. Last year's window was from Thursday 1/26 - Tuesday 2/28. I don't know what it will be this year, just wanted to give you an idea of how it worked in the past.

Nope, no email confirmation (yet).

Given the above replies, any idea how it works if another school admits you earlier? I ask because Wharton is my top choice and I don't want to be forced to put myself in a "bird in the hand vs bird in the tree" situation when/if admitted by other schools. For example, (assuming I get in) I will hear back from INSEAD on my R2 app on March 1, and given the CBS turnaround time, its very possible I get an admit by mid Feb to early March. Do schools usually provide sufficient time to make a yes/no decision?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
TwoTimesTheCharm wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:
TwoTimesTheCharm wrote:

Nope, no email confirmation (yet).

Given the above replies, any idea how it works if another school admits you earlier? I ask because Wharton is my top choice and I don't want to be forced to put myself in a "bird in the hand vs bird in the tree" situation when/if admitted by other schools. For example, (assuming I get in) I will hear back from INSEAD on my R2 app on March 1, and given the CBS turnaround time, its very possible I get an admit by mid Feb to early March. Do schools usually provide sufficient time to make a yes/no decision?

It all depends on the school's timeline for making a deposit. Last year I split my applications between R1 and R2. In R1 I was admitted to Kellogg on 12/13 and had until 3/6 to make the deposit. For R2 I was admitted to Booth and Wharton and each school's timeline was about 5 weeks from the decision day. As you can see the R1 timeline tends to be longer than R2. I don't know what the turnaround time is for INSEAD or CBS, but I would guess it's at least 30 days. Last year I had to pay my Kellogg deposit prior to finding out if I got into Booth or Wharton.

You can maybe ask for an extension on making the deposit if the deposit date is really close to the decision day (within 1 week). You're likely not going to get an early decision from Wharton and I wouldn't ask for one. You're not the only person in this situation so you can't expect them to make an exception for you that they won't make for everyone else. The first thing to figure out is when INSEAD's R2 deposit is due and the timeline for CBS (might be on the website). Then you can see if this is even something you need to worry about. Just be prepared to have to make a deposit that you might later forfeit. In the overall cost of the MBA letting a few thousand dollars go is a drop in the bucket.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Submitted!! My first application this season. !!! Now a long wait till feb.

All the best to fellow R2 applicants. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
lapras wrote:

Guys, quick question: What did you put in the general information section as an end date for activities, which you are still pursuing? Or did you leave it empty.

Many thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Yale '14 (S)
WE:Business Development (Retail)
Send PM
BankerRUS wrote:
lapras wrote:

Guys, quick question: What did you put in the general information section as an end date for activities, which you are still pursuing? Or did you leave it empty.

Many thanks

I left them empty to show continuity.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Submitted an hour back! No confirmation email yet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Shawshank wrote:
I'm in the exact same situation as you. I don't get why Wharton is not allowing re-applicants to submit both the normal re-applicant essay and the optional one. I understand that they want to cut down on the number of essays they have to read, but they're not giving us a lot of breathing room here. I think victor is right that going up to around 300 should be ok. Not sure about 350; that's really pushing it. Have you e-mailed the admissions office about this?

Shawshank and others who are in the same boat as us (reapplicants with extenuating circumstances :-D ),

adcom got back to me and looks like they are fine with two essays of 250 words each for reapplicants with extenuating circumstances. Although, I would still not use more than 300-320 words. They are being courteous and I would reply in kind :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
TgtMBA wrote:
Submitted an hour back! No confirmation email yet.

Let us know if you do get the email confirmation. I still haven't received one.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
Based on R1, I don't believe anyone got a confirmation of their application. There were a few adcom blasts about their review progress but nothing like "yes, we have your app and are reviewing it now".

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aerien wrote:
Based on R1, I don't believe anyone got a confirmation of their application. There were a few adcom blasts about their review progress but nothing like "yes, we have your app and are reviewing it now".

Just got a review email confirmation. Online status says my app is "Complete" and it is being reviewed. Fingers crossed!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
TwoTimesTheCharm wrote:
aerien wrote:

Just got a review email confirmation. Online status says my app is "Complete" and it is being reviewed. Fingers crossed!

Perhaps I remember wrong or they updated their system. Either way, good luck!! :)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Real Estate
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 4
Send PM
This quote from the email today seems to imply that they won't be doing this group interview for round 2? Was this mentioned before?

"If you are invited for an interview, you will need to complete your interview by Friday, March 15th. Interviews will be available on campus with second-year Wharton MBA Students who are full members of the Admissions Committee and off campus in various locations around the world by Admissions staff members. All interview options are equally considered within the admissions process."
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dan62287 wrote:
This quote from the email today seems to imply that they won't be doing this group interview for round 2? Was this mentioned before?

"If you are invited for an interview, you will need to complete your interview by Friday, March 15th. Interviews will be available on campus with second-year Wharton MBA Students who are full members of the Admissions Committee and off campus in various locations around the world by Admissions staff members. All interview options are equally considered within the admissions process."

Good catch -- I missed that. Can anyone comment on this?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Real Estate
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 4
Send PM
Yeah, not sure what the round 1 "here's what happens next" email said about the interviews...

It didn't seem like students were involved in the TBD or interview in round 1, but I don't know firsthand.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  36   37   38   39   40   41   42  ...  81   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts