Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:40 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [2]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
dan62287 wrote:
This quote from the email today seems to imply that they won't be doing this group interview for round 2? Was this mentioned before?

"If you are invited for an interview, you will need to complete your interview by Friday, March 15th. Interviews will be available on campus with second-year Wharton MBA Students who are full members of the Admissions Committee and off campus in various locations around the world by Admissions staff members. All interview options are equally considered within the admissions process."

This is quite different from previous years when Wharton released all invites in 2 consecutive Fridays. The conspiracy theory on GMAT Club about who got invites in the first batch was quite amusing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Anyone know what percentage of round 2 applicants are interviewed?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
Send PM
dan62287 wrote:
Yeah, not sure what the round 1 "here's what happens next" email said about the interviews...

It didn't seem like students were involved in the TBD or interview in round 1, but I don't know firsthand.

2nd year students ran the TBD and did the post-TBD one on one interview. Round 2 sounds like it will be the same.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, right now, I try to log in the online application, but it turned out "Your ID is invalid". Does anybody see this?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
You have probably already read this from the email to all R2 applicants.

The email says:
"The Admissions Committee will release interview invitations between Tuesday, January 29th and Friday, February 22nd. Due to the nature and complexity associated with the admissions process there is no particular order in which invitations are released. Also on February 22nd, the Committee will release all final admissions decisions to candidates that are not being invited for an interview and therefore no longer being considered for admission. "

TwoTimesTheCharm wrote:
Submitted! Any idea what the turnaround is on interview invites for R2 applicants?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 187 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Why is the interview window so much larger in Rd2
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
Jinglander wrote:
Why is the interview window so much larger in Rd2

Historically R2 is a bigger round than R1. More apps means adcom needs more time to review everyone's information. Hopefully with the team based interviews, more of you have the chance to show adcom who you are!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
checking in
Intern
Intern
Send PM
so intensed....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
dan62287 wrote:
This quote from the email today seems to imply that they won't be doing this group interview for round 2? Was this mentioned before?

"If you are invited for an interview, you will need to complete your interview by Friday, March 15th. Interviews will be available on campus with second-year Wharton MBA Students who are full members of the Admissions Committee and off campus in various locations around the world by Admissions staff members. All interview options are equally considered within the admissions process."

They might have mentioned that second-year students will be facilitating the group interviews on campus during my info session although I don't remember for certain.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
my application still says "Submitted". Did it change to "complete" for anyone who submitted around the deadline?
this is what the Round 2 information email said about the status: " If your online account reads “Received,” then the Operations Team needs to process your online application submission and any materials submitted by hard copy. After your materials have been processed (assuming they arrived before the Round Two deadline), your online account will be changed to “Complete for Round Two” and your file will be forwarded to the Committee for review. Due to the high number of candidates who submitted their application during the past few days (more than 60% of candidates applying for Round Two submitted their application within 24 hours of the deadline), it will take the Operations Team a approximately a week to complete the processing of all materials. Therefore, please allow the Operations Team until Thursday, January 10th before inquiring about the completeness of your application. "

thanks so much for your help!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
anyone admitted fill out the enrollment form yet? any idea why they would ask what other bschools you applied to and status? doesn't seem like it is anonymized?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Anyone know when interview invitations go out?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
AndersHolmvik wrote:
Anyone know when interview invitations go out?

According to an email Wharton sent to everyone applying in Round 2, the interview invites will go out between January 29th and February 22nd. Dings also go out on February 22nd.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dreamharvard wrote:
my application still says "Submitted". Did it change to "complete" for anyone who submitted around the deadline?
this is what the Round 2 information email said about the status: " If your online account reads “Received,” then the Operations Team needs to process your online application submission and any materials submitted by hard copy. After your materials have been processed (assuming they arrived before the Round Two deadline), your online account will be changed to “Complete for Round Two” and your file will be forwarded to the Committee for review. Due to the high number of candidates who submitted their application during the past few days (more than 60% of candidates applying for Round Two submitted their application within 24 hours of the deadline), it will take the Operations Team a approximately a week to complete the processing of all materials. Therefore, please allow the Operations Team until Thursday, January 10th before inquiring about the completeness of your application. "

thanks so much for your help!

My status changed to "complete". I submitted Jan 03, 3 hours before deadline.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V42
GMAT 3: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Just got an email titled "Next Steps in the Application Process" that affirms that group evaluation will happen for Round 2. It totally fooled me: I thought with that subject line that I was getting an interview invite, but it was just instructions about what happens next IF I get invited. My heart jumped haha! It gave a whole breakdown on the format of the group interview though.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
chains1910 wrote:
Just got an email titled "Next Steps in the Application Process" that affirms that group evaluation will happen for Round 2. It totally fooled me: I thought with that subject line that I was getting an interview invite, but it was just instructions about what happens next IF I get invited. My heart jumped haha! It gave a whole breakdown on the format of the group interview though.

Same. I'm getting tired of the Wharton blast emails that have titles that get my hopes up."Next Steps"..."Round 2 Information" GAH!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  37   38   39   40   41   42   43  ...  81   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts