Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:48 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Official GMAC Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Tutor
Affiliations: GMATQuantum
Own Kudos [?]: 657 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
@prateekbhatt

The two practice tests in the GMATPrep Free tests use a shared database of questions. This means that if you took Test#1 twice or three times, it is highly likely that some of those questions would appear in Test#2. I have encountered this in my trials with GMATPrep. This means the best way to use GMATPrep multiple times is to follow the sequence: Test#1, Test#2, Test#1, Test#2, and so on. Of course, the scores on subsequent attempts will be somewhat biased because of the overlap but this is the best option of maximizing the use of the excellent GMATPrep tests.

In the older version of GMATPrep software, say from 2006, one could take GMATPrep Test#1 repeatedly and not see any of those questions when one took GMATPrep Test#2. This is no longer the case with the current version of GMATPrep.

Also, in the case of Exam Pack 1, which also has two additional tests, one should again take Test#3 and then Test#4. One could then repeat Test#3 and Test#4, however the database of questions is significantly smaller(compared to GMATPrep Test#1 and 2) in Exam Pack 1, resulting in a substantial repetition of questions, and the scores on subsequent attempts are meaningless in my opinion. GMAC created Exam Pack 1 to be ideally used for a single attempt on each of the two tests.

Perhaps GMAC can further confirm this.

Dabral
Intern
Intern
Send PM
OfficialGMAT wrote:
Hi jibran,

That would depend on what you were intending to send. Please feel free to send me a private message to provide more information.

Thanks,
Tina

i would be sending the appointment registration form (the link in your previous post) and the money order
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi jibran,

The address I provided is the only place you should be sendinf the document and payment. Please let me know if this causes any issues for you.

Thanks,
Tina
Send PM
Expert Reply
@prateekbhatt @dabral

I responded to a private message prateekbhatt sent to me a few days ago.

Thanks,
Tina
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
dabral wrote:
@prateekbhatt

The two practice tests in the GMATPrep Free tests use a shared database of questions. This means that if you took Test#1 twice or three times, it is highly likely that some of those questions would appear in Test#2. I have encountered this in my trials with GMATPrep. This means the best way to use GMATPrep multiple times is to follow the sequence: Test#1, Test#2, Test#1, Test#2, and so on. Of course, the scores on subsequent attempts will be somewhat biased because of the overlap but this is the best option of maximizing the use of the excellent GMATPrep tests.

In the older version of GMATPrep software, say from 2006, one could take GMATPrep Test#1 repeatedly and not see any of those questions when one took GMATPrep Test#2. This is no longer the case with the current version of GMATPrep.

Also, in the case of Exam Pack 1, which also has two additional tests, one should again take Test#3 and then Test#4. One could then repeat Test#3 and Test#4, however the database of questions is significantly smaller(compared to GMATPrep Test#1 and 2) in Exam Pack 1, resulting in a substantial repetition of questions, and the scores on subsequent attempts are meaningless in my opinion. GMAC created Exam Pack 1 to be ideally used for a single attempt on each of the two tests.

Dabral

Thanks Dabral,

I guess i have messed up, Taken gmat prep 1 thrice , although gmat prep 1 and gmat prep1 retake were as good as new mocks since i did not see any repeat in quant and 4 repeats in verbal. When i took gmat prep 1 for the third time i saw 7 repeats in quant and about 6 repeats in verbal.

Guess i have wasted gmat prep2. I will conly consider gmat prep 1 and gmat prep 1 retake as 2 gmat prep scores..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
I took a practice exam using gmat prep and when I ended the test I can no longer see my results. It likes I never took the test. Is there anyway to recover this test, I really wanted to go back later on and review my questions/answers.

Thanks,
C
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 6043 [0]
Given Kudos: 543
Send PM
dabral wrote:

Dabral

Hi,

I was wondering if the above post is true that the Exam pack 1 can be used for 1 attempt only and rest of the attempts would have lots of repeat?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 326 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consulting)
Send PM
I took my GMAT once. After the exam, I provided my GPA wrong in the background information section due to miscalculation. Will I get a chance to change it when I take the exam in future or to send my correct GPA to the schools that I am going to apply? Please help.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi runningguy,

To fix this problem, please download the new version of the software v2.2.317, which is available for download at www.mba.com/gmatprep.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Upgrading your current version is easy: simply download and install the new GMATPrep file over your current application (you do not need to uninstall the old version). You will not lose any information relating to your history to date and any installed Question and/or Exam Packs will continue to be active.
To retrieve lost exam results from version 2.2.315, click “Review your practice exam scores” from the home screen.

I hope the above helps.

Many thanks,
Tina
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi gfreak,

You can update your GPA details by contacting the GMAT Customer Service team at Pearson Vue in your region. Please follow this link to find the team in your region:
https://www.mba.com/service/contact-us.aspx

Many thanks,
Tina
Send PM
Expert Reply
Dear Fozzy,

The GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 contains 2 practice exams and includes one question pool for Exams 3 and 4. We recommend that users take each exam only once or risk seeing duplicate questions.

Many thanks,
Tina
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys
I retook the GMAT prep test 1 by resetting the software twice(second time I clicked the reset button bu mistake) and i encountered many duplicate questions. Hence i am a bit apprehensive to take the the practice test 2 as I dont wanna waste time in answering the same questions. Please advise
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi roshan567,

We are recommending that candidates take each exam only once to avoid seeing duplicate questions. The GMAT Prep Pack includes 2 practice exams to replicate your experience of the real exam.

All the best,
Tina
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear GMAT team,

My name is Govind Singh Patwal and I took the GMAT exam on Nov 23.

I faced a technical issue (Disruptions in Testing) during my GMAT which resulted in my low GMAT score.

Below is the description of the incidence:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The computer crashed after the AWA and Integrated reasoning section – This happened in front of the test administrator (you can verify this with the computer logs and the video recording), he tried to get the computer back on but it crashed again (again, you can verify this with the computer logs and the video recording). It was on the second attempt that the computer started – I wanted to lodge a complaint and asked the administrator whether these incidents will affect my exam/score, he answered in negative. When the exam got over, the crash incidents had an effect on my scores - The software did not add the score of individual questions in the Verbal section accurately, leading to low GMAT score. I brought the low score to the notice of the administrator and mentioned that I was quite sure that the low score was because of the computer crashing twice. He dismissed it saying that he had seen people scoring less than 300.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I then went to my GMAT coaching institute and my verbal trainer could not believe my low GMAT score, I scored 22 in the actual GMAT, whereas till that day I had consistently been scoring 36 (in fact only a day before the actual GMAT, I had taken the GMATPrep Exam 1 (for the first time) and scored 39 in the verbal section - GMATPrep cannot go off the mark by 17 points). My trainer persuaded me to write an email to GMAC customer support team.

I have been in touch with the GMAT customer support and the PearsonVUE support but have not been getting satisfactory answers.

Yesterday, the PearsonVUE team came back to me with the following:
Thank you for contacting Pearson VUE.

We have reviewed your concern and have checked your exam logs. Each exam goes through a two-step scoring process using different algorithms. The exam is scored both at the testing center and again when the results arrive at the Pearson hub. The two scores are compared. If there any differences, the result is sent to our technical team for investigation. In order for a score to become reportable, all results must match 100%. The scores that you received on both your unofficial and official score reports are accurate and contain no errors.

We have also performed a technical review of your exam logs and found no technical errors. Please contact us at your earliest convenience if you have any other question or concerns at 0120-439-7830 9 am to 6 pm IST. Please reference incident number < >. The incident number is our way of tracking this situation. We will be closing this incident at this time.

It seems like they are more interested in closing the case than resolving it.

I replied back today
Good Afternoon and thank you for your response, and while I appreciate your response, it leaves much to be answered. I am sure your organization is equally concerned by a situation where the software/hardware you use for your exam has several issues, and the risk that a perceived insufficient investigation would undermine the credibility of PearsonVUE- I am eager not just for a resolution to this matter but it would also benefit all of us to identify the cause as well.

First things first, we are clear that there were issues with the software - The software and the computer crashed twice after the AWA and the IR section. The fact that the software and the computer crashed points that your software or/and hardware is/are not robust for the GMAT. (I have never heard of the software/hardware crashing in a PMP exam at a Prometric centre). A crash should never happen in an exam. If a crash happens than no matter how many arguments you put forward to justify your case that the crash did not cause any effect on the exam, to shy from your responsibility, and to put the entire blame of the low score on the test taker; the arguments are bound to fall flat because of the simple reason that in the first place, your hardware or/and software was/were not robust enough to handle the exam (as an analogy, if in a pole vault event, the pole snaps and the athlete is not able to jump to his potential, the event organizer has to accept the responsibility for the simple reason that the pole should not have snapped in the first place – the snapping only shows inferior quality of poles used by the event organizer). To add to this, my case is not the only case of a computer crashing in a GMAT at PearsonVUE – the internet is full of such incidents. More than anything, what has disappointed me is that not even once in your emails have you accepted that the computer crashed. Accept that your hardware (or software or both) is/are faulty and not robust for the GMAT.

Also, as mentioned the extremely and unusually low Verbal score cannot be attributed to any other factor (I have been scoring around 36 on an average and scored 39 the last day on a GMATPrep exam (which I took for the first time)…there is nothing that explains the verbal score of 22.

If you are so sure that the crash (which only points to a faulty software or hardware or both) has nothing to do with my score, it would only transparent to share my verbal test with me (the questions, my answers and the official answers). I want to confirm that I answered all questions during the verbal section within the allotted time. This sharing of my test should not take more than a few minutes.

I think PearsonVUE should own up the responsibility of the faulty software - if they don't, then it would only be in the interest of GMAT test takers that GMAC consider companies like Prometric that provide better infrastructure and robust software/hardware (according to my experience with Prometric).

I look forward to a resolution - a thorough investigation, a retest or a refund.

Sincerely,
Govind Singh Patwal
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
Send PM
Currently, mba.com is offering a 15% discount on GMAT materials (Promo code: 2013). I was trying to purchase the GMAT Prep Exam Pack #1 by using the code, but it did not work. Please help. Thank you.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Dear Govind,

Thank you for your message. I have shared your message with GMAC's customer care team. I know that you messaged the OfficialGMAT Facebook page as well, so they will add this your previous inquiry.

A member of the team will be in touch with you shortly.

Many thanks,
Tina
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Samwong,

The GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is not part of the End of Sale promotion. Please see the detailed description tab on the mba.com store, which highlights that this product is not currently part of any promotions or discounts.

Many thanks,
Tina
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  29