Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:22 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [5]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Official GMAC Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
OfficialGMAT wrote:
minwoswoh wrote:
minwoswoh wrote:
Hi,

Since my test day is approaching I have some questions regarding the test center and how the test is administered that I would really appreciate if you could answer. I apologize for the long post in advance!

1- Tutorial: since I understand that this section is timed, how much time do we have to complete it?
- In addition, is each screen in the tutorial timed individually or does the tutorial section have an overall timing? From Gmat Prep exams, I was able to see what the screens look like but I would really like to know about this.

2-Selecting 5 MBA programs to send the scores to: does this section come before, during or after the tutorial? In any case, is this section timed?

3- Breaks and writing in the Erasable Scratchpad: my main question here is: are we allowed to write notes in the provided scratchpad during our 8-minute breaks? For example, it is very helpful to me to write down some notes about the section to come or to write down a timeframe on what times I must accomplish each question. Am I allowed to do this during the break?

4- Breaks and returning to the test center room: if for example, I leave the test center room and go to the bathroom during a break and when I come back to log in to the room, I still have 3 minutes, am I allowed to be sit in the room in front of my computer just waiting to those 3 minutes to pass? Or will the proctor make me wait until the 8 minutes are reached? Or once I enter the room those 3 minutes will disappear and I will be prompted to the next section regardless of whether I actually had 3 minutes in my favor? Please let me know if this and my point #2 depend on the specific policy of the test center.

5- Background Information Questions: I understand that these questions come right after the Verbal section and before the Report or Cancel section. My questions are:
- How many screens are there?
- Are these questions the same questions that I encounter in the “My Account > My Profile” section of my mba.com account (e.g. Demographic Information, Contact Information, Communication Preferences, Undergraduate Information, Work Experience Information, and Graduate Management Degree Information). I have already filled the mandatory fields and some of the optional fields. Can I keep the same information during this stage of the test (I mean just skipping these sections since I already completed the information I wanted to complete)? Or is it mandatory for me that I fill the remaining optional fields?
- Lastly, is this section timed? And if so, how much time do we have?

I really have tried to come up with the answers to these questions in forums and articles but I never found a thorough response. Therefore, I would really appreciate your response on this since will surely provide me with a much better test day experience and will probably benefit other members of the community who might have asked themselves these exact same questions.

Thank you so much!

Hello Rebecca,
Hope you are doing well. Since my test day is approaching, I would really like to know your thoughts on my previously mentioned points (or at least some of them).
I know they can be regarded as minor things compared to the whole GMAT preparation, but I believe your answer would provide me with a better understanding of what to expect and of how one´s test-taking experience is going to be.
abane has kindly replied to me but I would really appreciate to know the official response to my queries.

Thank you so much!

Hello minwoswoh,

We understand the importance of details when it comes to the GMAT exam. So, we want to make sure we provide you with accurate information and answers to your questions. We are looking into these questions, and will respond as soon as we can. We appreciate your patience.

Thank you,
Jeremy

Hello minwoswoh,

We have tracked down the answers to your questions. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

1- Tutorial : since I understand that this section is timed, how much time do we have to complete it?
- In addition, is each screen in the tutorial timed individually or does the tutorial section have an overall timing? From Gmat Prep exams, I was able to see what the screens look like but I would really like to know about this.

The tutorial is timed as an overall section. The candidates have 4 minutes to review the tutorial.

2-Selecting 5 MBA programs to send the scores to : does this section come before, during or after the tutorial? In any case, is this section timed?

The school selection screen comes before the Tutorial. It is an untimed section.

3- Breaks and writing in the Erasable Scratchpad: my main question here is: are we allowed to write notes in the provided scratchpad during our 8-minute breaks? For example, it is very helpful to me to write down some notes about the section to come or to write down a timeframe on what times I must accomplish each question. Am I allowed to do this during the break?

The candidates are not permitted to remain in the testing room during their breaks, nor are they permitted to write in their noteboards during any untimed portion/section of the exam.

4- Breaks and returning to the test center room: if for example, I leave the test center room and go to the bathroom during a break and when I come back to log in to the room, I still have 3 minutes, am I allowed to be sit in the room in front of my computer just waiting to those 3 minutes to pass? Or will the proctor make me wait until the 8 minutes are reached? Or once I enter the room those 3 minutes will disappear and I will be prompted to the next section regardless of whether I actually had 3 minutes in my favor? Please let me know if this and my point #2 depend on the specific policy of the test center.

GMAT policy requires all candidates leave the testing room during their break. Candidates are not permitted to sit at their workstation during their break. If a candidate returns from their break early and request to be checked back in to the exam, the candidate must resume the exam at that time, regardless of break time remaining. This policy does not vary depending on the testing center - it is universal.

It should also be noted that candidates are responsible for keeping track of their 8 minute break and the Test Administrator will not tell them when their break is done and need to be checked back in. Candidates must also leave time in their break for check in and out of the testing room as this is not separate from the break time.

5- Background Information Questions: I understand that these questions come right after the Verbal section and before the Report or Cancel section. My questions are:
- How many screens are there?
- Are these questions the same questions that I encounter in the “My Account > My Profile” section of my mba.com account (e.g. Demographic Information, Contact Information, Communication Preferences, Undergraduate Information, Work Experience Information, and Graduate Management Degree Information). I have already filled the mandatory fields and some of the optional fields. Can I keep the same information during this stage of the test (I mean just skipping these sections since I already completed the information I wanted to complete)? Or is it mandatory for me that I fill the remaining optional fields?
- Lastly, is this section timed? And if so, how much time do we have?

Unfortunately, I am not sure of how many screens there are for the BIQ section, but as far as I can tell it is only one screen. The information is Graduation Date, Undergraduate GPA, Highest Education Level, Undergrad Institution, Undergrad Major, and Intended Graduate Study. They do fill this out when they create their mba.com profile; however I would advise against skipping it as the information listed on the score report pulls from what is entered at the testing center. The candidates are allotted 30 seconds for this section.

Thank you and best of luck,
Jeremy
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
OfficialGMAT wrote:
MBAUsername wrote:
Jeremy,

You mentioned late-2015 ETA for Exam Pack 2. Can you update this for us?

This software is by far the most valuable prep tool, but desperately needs a larger question bank and more analytics so that motivated studiers can better gauge their preparedness. Has GMAC ever considered open-sourcing any aspect of this software?

For example, let's assume GMAC is unwilling to reveal code or specific details related to the scoring or CAT algorithms. But maybe instead of open-sourcing the whole thing, GMAC could expand the question bank by accepting user-written questions. These user-written questions could be evaluated through a similar tool as used for "experimental" questions on the real exam, and then be uploaded into a massive question-bank database that drives the software.

Alternatively, open-source the whole damn thing on github. There are a lot of really smart people on here, some percentage of which are talented software developers. So you could get thousands of hours of expert code-writing for free.

Overall, there is infinite demand for more GMAC prep material. Someone there needs to figure out how to provide it.

Hello,

That did not happen as originally expected (clearly - since we're now in 2016), and we are still developing a final launch date for the new software. Once I have an update on this, I'll be sure to share it here. We know there is a desire for more prep materials and are looking to provide that for our users. Thank you for your input and ideas - I will certainly share this with our product teams.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Exam Pack 2 is now live and available on our website: https://www.mba.com/store/store-catalog/gmat-preparation/gmatprep-exam-pack-2.aspx?utm_campaign=Global_Exam-pack-2_03212016&utm_medium=social&utm_source=gmatclub.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [2]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I have great news! After a temporary hiatus, the OfficialGMAT is back responding to questions and providing user support.

I am now unlocking this thread.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 221 [2]
Given Kudos: 329
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q47 V30
GMAT 3: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 4: 490 Q39 V18
GPA: 4
Send PM
Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]
Kudos
AjiteshArun GMATNinja thank you so much for the super quick responses. It really helps because I was starting to get super worried. Its been days since I sent them an email.
And AjiteshArun I did think to call them. In fact, I did call them once but there was no response. But in a lot of posts that i read and on the official website they ask you to scan and send them a copy of passport to their email. Even if u call them, they will only change it if u send them an email with a copy of passport.
Also there have been quite a few cases of huge delays in responses from pearson especially in the Asia Pacific region. Also some rare cases where even if you send a hundred mails, they do not receive it. But if u send the same mail from a different email-id then they receive it. I know that's probably the weirdest glitch or whatever!

Also as bb had suggested in one of his posts that if you have any doubt in such details as DD-MM-YY format, just create another account and confirm it yourself. I did exactly that. I entered everything correctly and confirmed it. It was MM-DD-YY on the gmac site. So AjiteshArun I did update it correctly.

I felt like I'm one of those rare cases as mentioned earlier and was starting to panic. And as usual Gmatclub always has your back! :)

Happy holidays guys!

Posted from my mobile device
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
balkan wrote:
Hi!

I would like to ask you about the new GMAT.
I understood that the new section will have a separate score between 1 and 8 but I noticed that the number of questions for the math and verbal is changing as well. The math section will have only 30 questions and the verbal will have 45 questions.
What about the time dedicated to the math and verbal sections? Is it changing as well?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Hello, Balkan. Thank you for coming to us with this question! The number of questions you will receive in the quant and verbal sections is not changing. You will still have 37 questions in the quant section, and 41 in the verbal section. You will still have 75 minutes per section. I hope that answers your question!
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
abk wrote:
Good afternoon!

I have to change my official name (my last name has been changed) in my profile to match my government documents. Is this a complicated process? I have yet to register for the test if that helps. I had created an account last year which is why this is an issue now.

Hello, ABK! Do you have a GMAT ID yet? If you have already received a GMAT ID you will need to contact Pearson Vue to update your name. If you do not have a GMAT ID yet, you can use your new name when you create your profile. Thank you!
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
GPT55 wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
GPT55 wrote:
Hello Rebecca,

Do you know if the 13th edition OG will have (and if yes, when?) a Kindle version, like the 12th editiod has?

Thanks!

The Kindle version is already available! Thanks for your question.

Thanks for the quick reply!

This is awkward, but now I know the reason why I didn't find it. Amazon.com says it's "currently not available", thus it didn't even pop up in searches. Do you know anything about what's the reason for this?

See here:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008846CAC/ref ... le_ext_tmb

(I could only navigate to the kindle edition by taking a look at the preview offered at the print version's page, and then switching there to Kindle. It's otherwise unaccessible.)

Edit: I contacted Amazon and they said they don't know why it's unavailable and that I should contact GMAC about it. :)

Thank you for letting me know about this! I passed this onto our products department and they are looking into it. I will let you know as soon as I have an answer for you.
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
TheNona wrote:
I took the GMAT on Feb the 13th booking on phone , and a few minutes ago I scheduled online it for the 3rd of April , received the confirmation email and the payment receipt , but still my profile under the title" future exams" has this sentence "You do not have any exams scheduled."

Is this normal?

It can take up to 24 hours for a GMAT exam to show up in your mymba.com account. If you have the email confirmation then your appointment has been scheduled. If it has been more than 24 hours and your appointment still has not appeared in the account, you can contact Pearson Vue to confirm.
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
debayan222 wrote:
Hi Rebecca,
Can you please get us any update on the Exam pack 1? When we might get to download it for our prep...? Are the this year R1 applicants going to get to use it well in advance ?
Multiple sources including NBC news have reported that GMAC will release an add-on package, Exam Pack 1 featuring additional computer adaptive practice GMAT exams with new questions, later this year.

This is a much needed addition. I think most of us will look forward to the same.

You can purchase the supplementary question pack for GMATPrep here: https://www.mba.com/store/product-info.a ... ID=80.0044. We have an other supplementary pack scheduled to come out later this year, but we do not yet have a target release date. Thank you!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [1]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Kudos
gspatwal81 wrote:
Dear GMAC team,

It's been more than 3 months and I am yet to get the answers to my questions...so much for your customer service.

I do NOT want to give up on my thought that GMAC is a reasonable and ethical organization. GMAC, though, has not been acting like one.

I look forward to your answers.

Sincerely,
Govind Singh Patwal

Gspatwal81, your issue has been responded to and closed, your requests and arguments at this point are getting a bit ridiculous. While it is unfortunate the computer crashed the first time you took the test, I can assure you, from personal experience, the first score has no impact on your second score. Your second score was problem free, so I don't really understand why you are still spamming this forum. They didn't reduce your 2nd score because of your 1st score. I got a 70 point increase between my 1st and 2nd try, and there are people on this forum - who are easy to find - who obtained 150+ GMAT jumps between the 1st and 2nd time. Many people do worse on the real test than the practice test...sometimes because of nerves, sometimes because they had previously seen the practice questions that showed up on their practice tests (which inflated their scores), sometimes because the practice test isn't well calibrated, etc.

Consider this post a moderator warning to chill out. I'd also recommend being careful where you put your name on the internet, this conversation stream would look VERY negative if an adcom stumbled upon it when you submit apps to business school.
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
sa2222 wrote:
Hello Rebecca,

Thanks for your reply. I do have another question. I have scheduled my GMAT appointment in Boston, MA. Usually after scheduling appointment, I thought GMAC sends a mail to your mailing address - with appointment confirmation and a CD. Obviously, I have received an appointment confirmation in email and I am able to download the tests through mba.com (official website). But, just wanted to be sure - if I have missed the mail or GMAC no longer sends the appointment confirmation mail with the CD.

Thanks

No need to worry! We do not mail anything physically. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

I answered your queries in attached file (there is some problem on this site that prevents me submitting the queries in a mail format).

Cheers!
Attachments

File comment: Answers
Answers.docx [14.8 KiB]
Downloaded 72 times

Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Vetrik wrote:
Hi GMAC representative,

I have my GMAT in another ten days.

A surgery was done in my left ankle [due to an ankle fracture] two weeks back. Due to this, i cannot walk using my left leg temporarily and I cannot make movements in my left ankle. Hence, I am using crutches to walk.

Will I be allowed to bring my crutches to my seat in the test center ? And in case, if I am not able to keep my left foot hanging/placed softly on the floor, will I be given a stool/chair to support my leg ? Do I need to get prior permission for this case and how do I do so?

Thank you.

Hello Vetrik,

Thank you for reaching out. Please email testingaccommodations@gmac.com with your question and they will work with you to ensure you have what you need during your test. I've notified them in advance, so they will be expecting your message. If there's anything further we can help with, please let us know.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
abane wrote:
Hello,

I mailed a query last week to PearsonVUE regarding an issue with additional GMAT score report order charges. However, since then, I have not received ANY response or update to my query/complaint - not even an automated email, OR a response to my follow up email on the status.

I have also tried calling several times (STD) to the Asia-Pacific Customer Service (+91 120-439-7830) during India business hours but to NO avail. The automated response does not respond to any of my inputs and merely runs on a loop no matter which option I select. This is the result even after multiple attempts on various times of the day!

It is hard to comprehend that an institute like PearsonVUE offers such poor service and cannot even establish a reliable way for customers to reach them.

The only other option I have is to try the other international PearsonVUE centers, but looking at numerous complaints, I am not very hopeful (not to mention less than enthused about having to make costly international calls because the number for my region/ country DID NOT WORK).

I am stuck with a transaction charge for a score report which I am not even sure I ordered (I never received a post-transaction-notification email for this, as for earlier orders).

How soon can I expect a turnaround on the status?

I can provide additional information specific to my complaint if it means getting some response.

Thank you.

Hello abane,

If you could submit your email or GMAT ID to me via direct message, we can reach out to Pearson to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Im2bz2p345 wrote:
I posted a topic here (gmat-prep-software-can-you-review-answers-191649.html) without realizing there is a separate topic devoted to GMAT related questions.

My question from the topic mentioned above:
"I was wondering if in the latest version of the official GMAT Prep software, are you able to "go back" and review your answers after you've completed a test?

I know that in earlier versions of the software, once you quit the browser test, your answers were NOT saved... so there was no way to go back and review the test with your answers."

Hello,

I responded in the original thread but also wanted to post here to ensure others could refer to the answer. I have confirmed that with the latest version of GMATPrep (v 2.3.322), you can go back and review the questions and answers once you have completed an exam. Once you have reached the Review screen, you can review your answers and check your work (please see attachment). In addition, you can flag questions you may want to return to later.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Send PM
GMAC Cancels Scores[Mass cancelation in Bangalore] [#permalink]
Kudos