Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:32 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT Date: 01-01-2014
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.48
WE:Corporate Finance (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
UCLA School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
GPA: 3.2
WE:Accounting (Real Estate)
Send PM
Re: Anderson (UCLA): FEMBA Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Has anyone heard any more since the last round of phone calls for R2 admits? I know the deadline is tomorrow, but was just curious. Best of luck to anyone still waiting!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
geetharajan wrote:
I received an admit finally after a loooooooooooong wait. I am a Round 2 applicant and got notified on 21st March. according to one of the email's that Dylan sent, I was the final Round 2 admit.

Congrats! What was your GMAT, GPA, etc if you don't mind sharing?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Any Round 3 results out there yet?

Originally posted by Conektid on 08 Apr 2014, 14:34.
Last edited by Conektid on 09 Apr 2014, 06:29, edited 1 time in total.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello GMATCLUB Members,

GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting are conducting a webinar for the applicants got dinged this year. This is your opportunity to get expert guidance and build a smart strategy for the next application round/season. Webinar will be conducted by Admissionado's Founder and HBS Alum Jon Frank. Jon will share his suggestions followed by a Q&A session - this is your opportunity to ask your specific questions.

One lucky attendee will get the opportunity to have his/her (dinged) profile evaluated by Jon Frank during the session. If you'd like to be chosen for this opportunity, please email info@admissionado.com with the subject line "GMAT Club Webinar - Choose me!". Please include your name, nationality, age, GMAT score and a list of schools where you were dinged. And please also attach your essays + resume + LORs from one of your applications. Winner will be notified via email on April 16th!

Here are the details of Webinar

Title :- Dealing with a Ding
Day & Date :- Thursday, April 17, 2014
Time :- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
NOTE :- There are only 100 spots available, so sign up early!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GPA: 3.64
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
SOCALMBA2013 wrote:
Admitted in R1 with a 640 GMAT....someone in R2 got admitted with a 610 GMAT

That's great. Could you please share other stats for you and the other applicant from R2? I'm sure you both have other good factors going on. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Submitted my application last night before the R3 deadline. I applied with a GMAT score out of the 80% range, so I'm hoping the rest of my application sticks out, mainly my essays as I think that's will stand out the most.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Heard they had just over 200 interviews this past weekend, crazy.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone else getting a little anxious to hear for round 3? Hoping for good news soon!

I had feedback on my waitlisted round 2 app and the main issue was my transition plans from the East Coast. I'm hoping my explanation was sufficient. I was told my app would go through the whole evaluation process again. I've also had some good academic updates.

Any guesses on the timing of the first round 3 calls? I'm hoping they start by the end of next week if not this week.
Based on what I've read previously, it looks like they tend to make the first calls on a Friday...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Conektid wrote:
Anyone else getting a little anxious to hear for round 3? Hoping for good news soon!

I had feedback on my waitlisted round 2 app and the main issue was my transition plans from the East Coast. I'm hoping my explanation was sufficient. I was told my app would go through the whole evaluation process again. I've also had some good academic updates.

Any guesses on the timing of the first round 3 calls? I'm hoping they start by the end of next week if not this week.
Based on what I've read previously, it looks like they tend to make the first calls on a Friday...

I am also a waitlisted round 2 applicant. They asked that I increase my GMAT because my undergrad GPA is low and something I can't change. I retook the test and emailed the adcom my new score and asked when they will make a decision. They said they could make decisions early May.

I wouldn't expect any decisions out by next week since the deadline for round 3 was only a week ago. I do think they might start the round 3 calls May 9.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
PTMBAco2017 wrote:
Conektid wrote:

I am also a waitlisted round 2 applicant. They asked that I increase my GMAT because my undergrad GPA is low and something I can't change. I retook the test and emailed the adcom my new score and asked when they will make a decision. They said they could make decisions early May.

I wouldn't expect any decisions out by next week since the deadline for round 3 was only a week ago. I do think they might start the round 3 calls May 9.

That makes sense. Good to know. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
PTMBAco2017 wrote:
Conektid wrote:

Do you mind sharing your initial score btw?...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
PeacockNation wrote:

Yep, I was there and the registration list was large. I had an afternoon interview and as I walked in, others were walking out. It looked like they had EMBA and the FT MBA program there too. It was way too much going on with Bruin Day and interviews, etc. Im round 4
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
choni wrote:
PeacockNation wrote:

Yep, I was there and the registration list was large. I had an afternoon interview and as I walked in, others were walking out. It looked like they had EMBA and the FT MBA program there too. It was way too much going on with Bruin Day and interviews, etc. Im round 4

It was indeed largest interview day so far... Anderson rocks ! I am 2016 and can't say enough about their amazing FEMBA program ! Cheerio !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
choni wrote:
PTMBAco2017 wrote:
Conektid wrote:

Do you mind sharing your initial score btw?...

My initial GMAT score was 660. My GPA was 2.9. Junior and senior year GPA was 3.0. They said that I barely made the minimum GPA requirement. If I had gotten below a 3.0 my last two years, they would have had to petition for me and get a special exemption from the dean.

Anyways, I scored 700 of my GMAT a couple weeks ago.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
quote]

My initial GMAT score was 660. My GPA was 2.9. Junior and senior year GPA was 3.0. They said that I barely made the minimum GPA requirement. If I had gotten below a 3.0 my last two years, they would have had to petition for me and get a special exemption from the dean.

Anyways, I scored 700 of my GMAT a couple weeks ago.[/quote]

WOW, FEMBA is stiff competition. Just goes to show that whole, we view your application as a whole is total nonsense. Congrats on the new score! My GMAT is a lil bit below the range, and I simply don't feel like taking the exam again. So, I'm pondering if I should bother applying or not.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Conektid wrote:
They're callin my name in the city of angels! UCLA bound! :-D Thank you Jesus! :-D

(bye bye DC)

congratulations :) ... oh boy so the judgement day is coming .. were you in round 2 or 3
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dalakoti wrote:
Conektid wrote:
They're callin my name in the city of angels! UCLA bound! :-D Thank you Jesus! :-D

(bye bye DC)

congratulations :) ... oh boy so the judgement day is coming .. were you in round 2 or 3

I was waitlisted in round 2, like 3 weeks before round 2 decision day.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts