Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 09:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Official Business School Representative
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2012, 16:18
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Welcome to the official Rotman School of Management Ask Admissions Thread!

The admissions team at Rotman School of Management would like to welcome everyone to this thread and offer an opportunity to ask questions about our MBA program. If there is anything we can help with, please let us know.

The Rotman School of Management offers a two-year full-time MBA program. Financial Times ranks the Rotman MBA program the best MBA program in Canada. The school is located in downtown Toronto; the most multi-cultural city in North America., minutes away from North America’s 3rd largest financial district. The curriculum is based on Integrative Thinking to solve challenging business problems. During the first year of the program, students take the core business courses. After completing a paid summer internship, students choose majors in the second year of the program. Some of the majors are finance, consulting, brand management, leadership and innovation, entrepreneurship and health care. The students have the opportunity to take part in various international opportunities such as group study tours, exchange programs, international consulting projects. The group study tours visit China, India, Latin America and the Middle East. Students work very closely with the Career Services. One of the highlights of the career centre is the personalized career coaching and support to help students achieve their career goals. Student clubs also help students network in their chosen industries, organize events and socialize. The self-development lab bridges the gap between academic studies and real life. Students learn how to tackle interpersonal challenges in the work place and beyond by gaining self-awareness and problem-solving abilities through workshops and lectures.

Application Deadlines
ProgramRoundApplication DueDecisions Released
Full-Time MBA; JD/MBAR1October 9, 2012December 14, 2012
R2January 7, 2013March 8, 2013
R3March 14, 2013May 10, 2013
R4April 29, 2013June 14, 2013
R5June 1, 2013June 30, 2013
Jeffrey Skoll BASc/MBAN/AFebruary 1, 2013March 4, 2013

Popular Links

Image Image Image Image

Claire Gumus, MBA
Assistant Director, Full Time MBA
Rotman School of Management
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369
Email: gumus@rotman.utoronto.ca

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
2 KUDOS received
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [2] , given: 0

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2014, 08:23
This post received
KUDOS
@Jigglypuff, we very rarely offer deferrals. This is because of the cohort nature of our MBA program.
If one was admitted, declines admission and then reapplies the subsequent year, because the class makeup changes every year, it is almost like one would be applying as a new candidate.

@botbot, to demonstrate proof of completion of all 3 CFA levels, we would require an email from the CFA institute saying that you have indeed passed all of your CFA levels.

To your second question, if the language of instruction at your school was entirely in English then it would qualify as an English-language university. :-)

Michael Moses
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369
Email: michael.moses@rotman.utoronto.ca

1 KUDOS received

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2012, 07:05
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Versatile,

Thanks for your inquiry. Sure you can submit your GMAT score later than the deadline. We will complete our review once we have all the documents and you will be contacted accordingly.

Good luck! Claire

Claire Gumus, MBA
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369

1 KUDOS received

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 03 Sep 2013, 06:26
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Kaustubkul,

We look at all the applications as a whole package. Your GPA does not meet the minimum requirement but if you're strong in other areas, you should apply. A strong GMAT score (700+) will definitely help.

Good luck!

Claire

Claire Gumus, MBA
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369

1 KUDOS received

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 29 May 2014, 05:28
This post received
KUDOS
Hello Holtwill!

We look at final year GPA, not overall CGPA. Good luck with your application!

Michael Moses
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369
Email: michael.moses@rotman.utoronto.ca

Manager
Manager
GMAT Date: 11-30-2011
GPA: 3.1
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 29

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2012, 19:19
Hello,

I wish to apply to full time MBA starting from Sep 2013

My GMAT is 630 with nine years work ex, I wish to submit my app in 1st round itself

Can i submit my app and reco before 1st deadline and submit my GMAT by Oct end to be considered for 1st deadline ?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 33

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2012, 05:49
hi - can you share the policy for re-applicants ?

Any special points that you think one should consider while reapplying

Thanks in advance

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2012, 08:09
Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. We don't have a specific policy around re-applicants however we do have some recommendations! If you're applying again, I'd recommend submitting a brand new application. Depending on the timing of your previous application, we might still have your transcripts, please check with mba@rotman.utoronto.ca to see if we have your transcripts, ask to transfer them to your new application.

Ask for feedback. Speak with the admissions person and get some feedback on the areas that require improvement.

Get new references. I am not sure when you applied before but even it was a year ago, there must be some changes in your profile. If you are under the same supervisor and if you plan on using the same person(s), have a chat with them and update them on your current situation.

This year the Rotman School has gone through immense changes in terms of the curriculum, application questions, size etc. Get a refresher, research, check our new website and learn more about the school. Speak with an ambassador to learn more about the school.

We have lots of YouTube videos, take a look at them. You can also check out our admissions blog, you can find lots of good tips!

Hope this helps. You can always reach out to me at gumus@rotman.utoronto.ca Happy to discuss more specifics to your new application.

Good luck! Claire

Claire Gumus, MBA
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369

Manager
Manager

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2012, 09:16
hi,

can you throw some light on your new initiative - video essay ?

thanks
Manager
Manager

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2012, 09:18
RotmanMBA wrote:
Hi Versatile,

Thanks for your inquiry. Sure you can submit your GMAT score later than the deadline. We will complete our review once we have all the documents and you will be contacted accordingly.

Good luck! Claire

Hi,

Is there any difference that i apply in 1st round without GMAT score and submit the score later on

and

I receive the gmat score and apply during second round ?

thnaks

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2012, 11:00
Hi Wayahead123,

Thanks for your inquiry. The video essay is a pilot project for this year. As you know the business school essays have become quite generic and we have started to see each candidate write about similar things. At the Rotman School, we try our best to get to know our candidates better, soft skills are very important for us. We are hoping our candidates will have a better opportunity to express themselves.

On the application form, you will be provided with a link for the video essays. Once you start the video essays, you have to complete both of the questions, you cannot exit after the first question. The questions do not require any preparation, they will be around your hobbies, extra-curricular activities and such.

I think this is a great opportunity for candidates to show case what they cannot on paper. We are looking for well-rounded individuals and we believe we will have a better understanding of our applicants.

Hope this helps, please feel free to reach out anytime, you can also email me at gumus@rotman.utoronto.ca

Thanks again for the inquiry. Good luck!

Claire

Claire Gumus, MBA
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369

Manager
Manager

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 18:12
wayahead123 wrote:
RotmanMBA wrote:
Hi Versatile,

Good luck! Claire

Hi,

Is there any difference that i apply in 1st round without GMAT score and submit the score later on

and

I receive the gmat score and apply during second round ?

thnaks

Hi,

Yr comment on this point please

thanks

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 18:54
Hi Versatile,

You can start your application anytime. In order for the application to be considered "complete" we should receive all the documents: Essays. references, relevant test scores, official transcripts. Once you submit a complete application, your application will be reviewed and you will hear back from us accordingly. You can complete your application after the round deadline, we will still include you in that round, however we cannot guarantee a decision date. If you submit on time, then your decision will be released on one of the decision release dates published online. Hope this helps.

Good luck!
Claire

Claire Gumus, MBA
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 20:23
Sorry for the name mix up Wayahead123!

Claire Gumus, MBA
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369

Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA Level 3 Candidate
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2012, 20:54
Hello,

I do not have any video essays on my application.
I have 4 essays, and an optional essay.
I am done with the above essays, and am planning to apply in Round 1.
Kindly suggest.

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2012, 08:16
Hi Coolsibs,

Your application is fine, most likely you started your application prior to September 2012, therefore the app you started is the old version of our application. AS long as you submit a complete application, it will be considered for round 1. Good luck.

Claire

Claire Gumus, MBA
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369

Intern
Intern

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2012, 02:19
Hello Claire,
Thanks for the above info.
Out of panic, I created a new Account and got the 'video essays' set
I have answered the other 2 essays, and the video essays.
I have paid the application fee, and my recommenders have also submitted, which reflects on my Application Page.
But, when I reach the ''Complete Application'', I am not able to submit the Application. The message displayed is "you have not marked all sections of the Application form as complete"

But, I have marked all sections of my application.
Please suggest. It's absolutely urgent because I dont want to miss the Round 1 Deadline.

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2012, 06:02
Hi Coolsibs,

No need to panic, I understand and can help you.

Sometimes the system does that. Can you please log on and see if you filled out all the mandatory fields on the application form? If you have filled out all the fields, then I am sure it's just a technical glitch.

I am on a recruiting trip but you can contact my colleague Yoko Malisewzki at mba@rotman.utoronto.ca and let her know, feel free to CC me (gumus@rotman.utoronto.ca) on the email. Regardless when we resolve this issue-I am not expecting no more than 2 days, I can assure you that you will be considered for Round 1.

*Please note that today's Thanksgiving day in Canada, our school is closed.

Good luck,
Claire

Claire Gumus, MBA
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369

Intern
Intern

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2012, 15:05
Hello Claire,

Thanks for the help.
Ans yes , "Happy Thanksgiving ''.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2012, 07:40
What is the maximum amount of scholarship available for an international student? What qualifies one for the scholarship and does GMAT score a big factor?
I have contacted Yoko, and I am in the process of submitting my application. My major concern is the tuition fee as an international student given the fact that I want to come with my family.

Can I get up to 50% tuition waiver if I score high in GMAT?
Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions   [#permalink] 15 Oct 2012, 07:40