Last visit was: 19 Jul 2024, 13:55 It is currently 19 Jul 2024, 13:55
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Posts: 8767
Own Kudos [?]: 10202 [0]
Given Kudos: 4553
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Posts: 8767
Own Kudos [?]: 10202 [0]
Given Kudos: 4553
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Posts: 8767
Own Kudos [?]: 10202 [0]
Given Kudos: 4553
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Posts: 8767
Own Kudos [?]: 10202 [0]
Given Kudos: 4553
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake [#permalink]
Expert Reply
If anyone is interested in becoming ThreadMaster for this thread, please PM your request to me. Here you can learn more about duties and responsibilities of Threadmasters be-the-coolest-guy-in-the-mba-forum-be-a-threadmaster-152204.html
MBA Section Director
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Posts: 8767
Own Kudos [?]: 10202 [0]
Given Kudos: 4553
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Reserved Post.
MBA Section Director
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Posts: 8767
Own Kudos [?]: 10202 [0]
Given Kudos: 4553
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Guys, I updated the first post with application deadlines. Any idea when the application will be live? Or is it already?
User avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 19 Jul 2016
Posts: 16
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Yes, the application is live since Nov 1st.
MBA Section Director
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Posts: 8767
Own Kudos [?]: 10202 [1]
Given Kudos: 4553
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake [#permalink]
Expert Reply
venkpen89 wrote:
Yes, the application is live since Nov 1st.


WooHoo! When you are planning to submit your app?
User avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 19 Jul 2016
Posts: 16
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake [#permalink]
Planning to submit by Dec 1st week... hopefully :)
User avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 16 May 2016
Status:Vice President
Posts: 11
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 2
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake [#permalink]
I took my GMAT exam on 10/26/16. Got 700 but my GPA is 2.0. I am not sure about my chances. I selected the school in my GMAT school selection. Do I need to do anything else or just wait for their response?
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 30 Oct 2015
Posts: 7
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake [#permalink]
1
Bookmarks
Dear All,

I will be applying to DeGroote School of Business and have a question regarding the same. I have some knowledge about video essay, but some confusion regarding "written essay". Can you guys please help me with this?

1. Has written essay to be completed along with video essays or we get separate link for written essay?

2. Do I have to submit video essays and written essay together or I can submit these on different days.?

3. Do I have to wear formal clothes while submitting "Written essay " or this is offline?
User avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 19 Jul 2016
Posts: 16
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake [#permalink]
Has anyone completed the video essay part of the application? Please shed some light on the nature of the questions being asked. Thanks !
Manager
Manager
Joined: 07 Mar 2015
Posts: 99
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [4]
Given Kudos: 48
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 590 Q46 V25
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake [#permalink]
4
Kudos
kingsa wrote:
Dear All,

I will be applying to DeGroote School of Business and have a question regarding the same. I have some knowledge about video essay, but some confusion regarding "written essay". Can you guys please help me with this?

1. Has written essay to be completed along with video essays or we get separate link for written essay?

2. Do I have to submit video essays and written essay together or I can submit these on different days.?

3. Do I have to wear formal clothes while submitting "Written essay " or this is offline?



I can shed some info regarding this , recently only i completed the video interview.

I hope you received a email regarding video interview.

using that link register yourself and practice few times with practice questions.

Once you feel confident , wear formal shirts and take the interview.

There a 4 qs, 3 video and 1 written, combine all it will not take more than 15 minutes maximum 30 minutes if you have low speed internet

I strongly advice take it in a single shot.

Qs are frequently asked only so need to worry.

For written you have 5 minutes time to write your response so it will not be a problem.

All the best
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 30 Oct 2015
Posts: 7
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake [#permalink]
ajmalsyeed987, Thank you for your response. Much appreciated.
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 06 Dec 2016
Posts: 2
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake [#permalink]
Hello,

I'm applying for 2017 intake to Degroote. Can anybody share their placements records with me? Also, their employment rate.
Does anybody know how was their internship placements for current and previous year?

Thanks in advance. :)
Intern
Intern
Joined: 31 Aug 2016
Posts: 23
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake [#permalink]
Hi All,

I just got a mail from DeGroote saying

Dear Mr. Ali,

On behalf of the DeGroote School of Business at McMaster University, we are pleased to attach your offer of admission. Please be sure to read your attached admission letter carefully and familiarize yourself with the links below.


I am not a frequent user of Gmatclub. So if any one has anything that would want to ask me, i may be able to help.
Please remind me here
www DOT facebook DOT com/asharali1989

Applied on 13th Nov and got selected on 10th December 2016
User avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 16 May 2016
Status:Vice President
Posts: 11
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 2
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake [#permalink]
asharali1989 wrote:
Hi All,

I just got a mail from DeGroote saying

Dear Mr. Ali,

On behalf of the DeGroote School of Business at McMaster University, we are pleased to attach your offer of admission. Please be sure to read your attached admission letter carefully and familiarize yourself with the links below.


I am not a frequent user of Gmatclub. So if any one has anything that would want to ask me, i may be able to help.
Please remind me here
www DOT facebook DOT com/asharali1989

Applied on 13th Nov and got selected on 10th December 2016


Could you let us know more about your profile like GPA, GMAT score and WE?
Intern
Intern
Joined: 31 Aug 2016
Posts: 23
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake [#permalink]
letlovebethejudge wrote:
asharali1989 wrote:
Hi All,

I just got a mail from DeGroote saying

Dear Mr. Ali,

On behalf of the DeGroote School of Business at McMaster University, we are pleased to attach your offer of admission. Please be sure to read your attached admission letter carefully and familiarize yourself with the links below.


I am not a frequent user of Gmatclub. So if any one has anything that would want to ask me, i may be able to help.
Please remind me here
www DOT facebook DOT com/asharali1989

Applied on 13th Nov and got selected on 10th December 2016


Could you let us know more about your profile like GPA, GMAT score and WE?


GPA: 3.2
GMAT: 550
WE: 4 years (Accenture)

I believe i had a strong SOP, which along with my continuous attempts to start a business helped me

I applied in 4 universities

Schulich : Partial acceptance (asked to re take GMAT)
Alberta: Results awaited
Mc Master: Confirmed
Ryerson: Partial acceptance (asked to re take GMAT )
User avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 16 May 2016
Status:Vice President
Posts: 11
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 2
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake [#permalink]
asharali1989 wrote:
letlovebethejudge wrote:
asharali1989 wrote:
Hi All,

I just got a mail from DeGroote saying

Dear Mr. Ali,

On behalf of the DeGroote School of Business at McMaster University, we are pleased to attach your offer of admission. Please be sure to read your attached admission letter carefully and familiarize yourself with the links below.


I am not a frequent user of Gmatclub. So if any one has anything that would want to ask me, i may be able to help.
Please remind me here
www DOT facebook DOT com/asharali1989

Applied on 13th Nov and got selected on 10th December 2016


Could you let us know more about your profile like GPA, GMAT score and WE?


GPA: 3.2
GMAT: 550
WE: 4 years (Accenture)

I believe i had a strong SOP, which along with my continuous attempts to start a business helped me

I applied in 4 universities

Schulich : Partial acceptance (asked to re take GMAT)
Alberta: Results awaited
Mc Master: Confirmed
Ryerson: Partial acceptance (asked to re take GMAT )


What questions did they ask you in the interview? How long was it? Have you also taken the TOEFL/IELTS?
Intern
Intern
Joined: 31 Aug 2016
Posts: 23
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake [#permalink]
Toefl: 102
IELTS: 7 [s-6.5, R-6.5, W-6.0, L-8.0]

Interview just the recorded one with general questions
1) what was one difficult situation which u faced and how did u overcome that?
2) What do u have to comment on china's economy?

30/40 sec to prepare 1min to 1.5 min to answer
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake [#permalink]
 1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6984 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
236 posts