It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 04:29

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Wharton R1 | Stanford R1 | Tuck R1 | Ross R1 | Haas R1 | UCLA R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Accounting, Finance
GPA: 3.53
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2017, 15:40
ocfreakdilara wrote:
rapsfan1992 wrote:
Hi everyone!

I got an offer for the Co-op program and thought I should share some insight on my application process.

Application submitted: November 30th
Video interview completed: December 5th
Co-op interview: January 6th
Received offer: January 20th

I did horribly on the video interview because I was really nervous and ended up not answering the questions well. Make sure you get enough practice talking into a camera as I think that would really help!

My in person Co-op interview was a very positive experience. The questions I received for the Co-op interview were very similar to the ones 'applicant19' has provided and the interviewers were extremely friendly and courteous.

My applicant details:

GMAT: 650
WE: 2.5 Years in Financial Services
CGPA: 3.35
Domestic Applicant

Hope this helps!

Hey thank you very much for sharing your experience rapsfan1992! I have just completed my Co-op interview and feel like I could have done much better. Hopefully hear some good news in 10 business days. :)

Congrats on you Admission. There is a whatsapp group for Degroote MBA students you might be interested in joining. At least we can know ourselves before September. 8-) 8-)

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2017, 09:01
Hi everyone,

I am also a domestic applicant currently completing my fourth year of undergrad. I accepted my offer to the co-op program, and received admission in February.

Like rapsfan1992, my video interview was not the best. I experienced technological difficulties during the interview, so I felt flustered. Prepare yourself for the possibility of glitches and make sure to complete the practice questions to familiarize yourself with the software.

For the in-person interview, I prepared through researching behaviour-based questions and there were no real surprises in the questions I was asked. The interviewers were warm and I felt confident leaving the interview. I received my offer 9 days after.

Looking forward to September!

Last edited by macmba on 16 Jun 2017, 09:54, edited 1 time in total.

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 5

Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE: Sales (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2017, 17:16
This post received
KUDOS
localwisecrack wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just received my offer from DeGroote. I had applied for the co-op program, but have been offered admission into the FT program instead. My concern is that at 80k, the cost of the FT program is too high. The mandatory co-op work terms would have helped me pay for my tuition, but with the FT program, I feel the risk is significantly higher since it would all hinge on the kind of job offers I'd receive at the end of it.

Is my thinking justified? Can some of the current students shed some light on the "reputation" of the DeGroote FT program in Canada? I've been reading about how the university gives more preference to its co-op stream students since that's what its known for. How true is this? Would you recommend that I email them back requesting them to consider me for the co-op program citing financial reasons?

I'm really confused. I need help to decide whether I should take this offer up or not. Any insights are much appreciated.

Hey,

Your thinking is justified! I am a current student and I accepted the offer only because of the Co-op program. It gives valuable Canadian work ex for those seeking and is a great way to pay the tuition. The DeGroote program is gaining reputation steadily but its more so the co-op program. Let alone the University; Employers also see value in students being part of the co-op program. I can confirm this now that my first work term has ended. I rejected the McGill to get the co-op program at DeGroote.

Are you wait listed? Based on your GMAT score of 720 I would think you could get into the co-op program.
Let me know if you have any further questions.

Rohit

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 5

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 65

GMAT 1: 550 Q48 V18
GRE 1: 1280 Q790 V490
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2017, 09:01
Dear All,
Can someone please share the list of recommeded books readings for the first year MBA. Help appreciated.
Thanks
M.S

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 65

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GPA: 2.89

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2017, 20:18
I have just received my offer and I cannot believe it after how I thought my Skype interview went!

I'd love to be added to the whatsapp group!

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
Intern

Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GPA: 2.89

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2017, 20:21
LuizIQ wrote:
ocfreakdilara wrote:
rapsfan1992 wrote:
Hi everyone!

I got an offer for the Co-op program and thought I should share some insight on my application process.

Application submitted: November 30th
Video interview completed: December 5th
Co-op interview: January 6th
Received offer: January 20th

I did horribly on the video interview because I was really nervous and ended up not answering the questions well. Make sure you get enough practice talking into a camera as I think that would really help!

My in person Co-op interview was a very positive experience. The questions I received for the Co-op interview were very similar to the ones 'applicant19' has provided and the interviewers were extremely friendly and courteous.

My applicant details:

GMAT: 650
WE: 2.5 Years in Financial Services
CGPA: 3.35
Domestic Applicant

Hope this helps!

Hey thank you very much for sharing your experience rapsfan1992! I have just completed my Co-op interview and feel like I could have done much better. Hopefully hear some good news in 10 business days. :)

Congrats on you Admission. There is a whatsapp group for Degroote MBA students you might be interested in joining. At least we can know ourselves before September. 8-) 8-)

I've just received my offer and I'd love to join the whatsapp group! Please let me know the number :)

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V37

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2017, 14:00
Hi everyone!

Just wondering how long after the video interview you all received an invitation to the in-person interview for the co-op program.
Getting a little bit nervous as the deadline approaches as I'm hoping there are still spots available for the September intake. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Abdullah

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

WE: Other (Other)

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2017, 14:05
AbdullahShaikh wrote:
Hi everyone!

Just wondering how long after the video interview you all received an invitation to the in-person interview for the co-op program.
Getting a little bit nervous as the deadline approaches as I'm hoping there are still spots available for the September intake. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Abdullah

for me, it was 2.5 weeks

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2017, 20:01
This post received
KUDOS
AbdullahShaikh wrote:
Hi everyone!

Thanks,
Abdullah

I completed my video interview on Sunday night and received an email on Thursday. The Adcom meets every Wednesday but it all depends on the number of candidates at hand.

Cheers:)

Kudos [?]: 3 [1], given: 0

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V37

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2017, 09:17
LuizIQ
thinkoutsidethebox

Thanks for the added insight, much appreciated.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2017, 20:57
Thanks for the added insight, much appreciated.[/quote]

You are welcomed.
I hope everything goes well for you. :-D

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2017, 23:22
Hello all,

I also got admitted to Degroote FT MBA. I come from Delhi, India with over 3 years of experience, and a GMAT score of 710. I tried 3 other schools (McGill, Sauder and Alberta) and could only get into McMaster, which I had to accept due to lack of options.

Please add me to the whatsapp group. My number is 91-8587836811. Look forward to meeting you all in August.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 76

Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 15 Jun 2017, 14:00
Hello,
Anyone who has been admitted into Degroote's full-time MBA beginning this fall?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 76

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2017, 18:28
Hi, What is the whatsapp group? I got into degroote co-op starting in September 2017

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2017, 19:51
ngayl1011 wrote:
Hi, What is the whatsapp group? I got into degroote co-op starting in September 2017

PM me your number so that i can add you to the group.

Cheers. :-D

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 8

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2017, 04:07
The New Students dates and deadlines are out:
http://mbastudent.degroote.mcmaster.ca/ ... deadlines/

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 8

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2017, 11:37
macmba wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am also a domestic applicant currently completing my fourth year of undergrad. I accepted my offer to the co-op program, and received admission in February.

Like rapsfan1992, my video interview was not the best. I experienced technological difficulties during the interview, so I felt flustered. Prepare yourself for the possibility of glitches and make sure to complete the practice questions to familiarize yourself with the software.

For the in-person interview, I prepared through researching behaviour-based questions and there were no real surprises in the questions I was asked. The interviewers were warm and I felt confident leaving the interview. I received my offer 9 days after.

Looking forward to September!

Would you mind sharing your profile? :) I'm also a domestic applicant and just graduated from my undergrad last Spring, hoping to attend next September! I'm trying to get a feel for what my chances are for admissions.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2017, 18:15
This post received
KUDOS
Hi guys. Is there a thread out there for the applicants of the September 2018 intake? Been scouring GMAT club but I'm unable to track it down. It would be super helpful if somebody could let me know of the same.

Sent from my MotoG3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake   [#permalink] 19 Nov 2017, 18:15

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   [ 78 posts ] 

Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap