Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:30 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling al IE IMBA Nov 2011 Applicants! [#permalink]
Hello,
I'm writing because I recently found out about the IE business school Global MBA program and I will be setting for the admission's exam next week.

I would appreciate if anyone can help me understand what to expect. What is the exam about? What type of math problems? what type of english problems? Do I get a grade at the end of the exam?

Also, how long does it take to get an answer from admissions?

This is my profile:

27 years old
5 years of experience (Asset and Wealth Management)
Undergrad from USA top 25 business school (3.5/4 GPA)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
vakwam wrote:
Hello,
I'm writing because I recently found out about the IE business school Global MBA program and I will be setting for the admission's exam next week.

I would appreciate if anyone can help me understand what to expect. What is the exam about? What type of math problems? what type of english problems? Do I get a grade at the end of the exam?

Also, how long does it take to get an answer from admissions?

This is my profile:

27 years old
5 years of experience (Asset and Wealth Management)
Undergrad from USA top 25 business school (3.5/4 GPA)

Hi Vakwam,
I recommend you look at previous posts on this same thread, many of your questions have already been answered. Here's my post to your question:
calling-al-ie-imba-nov-2011-applicants-106225-20.html#p856445
Intern
Intern
Schools:IE
WE 1: IT Consultancy
WE 2: Public Gov Sector
Send PM
Almost in. :) Just mailing my hardcopy docs
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance, Strategy
Schools:Chicago Booth (WL & Denied), Duke Fuqua (IN), UNC KF (IN)
 Q50  V40
WE 1: Transportation Infrastructure, Public Sector, India
WE 2: Transportation Safety, State of California
Send PM
Hello,

Congrats to all of you admitted to IE ! I have started working on the application and have a couple of questions. If you would help, I will truly appreciate it.

In the Additional Information Section, IE asks about the motivation for pursuing a Master Degree, not an MBA. I already have a Masters Degree in Engineering. How would you suggest approaching this question?
Also, what are your "personal, professional, financial aspirations"? I am struggling here. My professional goal is to start an enterprise which will work with governments in emerging markets to develop sustainable infrastructure. How could I tie this professional goals into the components of this question? Could you please suggest a way?

Thank you very much for your responses, Niladri.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Canelon wrote:
AngelitaMund wrote:
Hi,

I submitted my application and will have my interview and test on Monday at the IE LA office.
It has been hard to find additional details about the IE admissions test. Has anyone taken it recently?

Everyone says that if you are prepared for the GMAT you will be okay with the IE test, but I wonder if there are any additional tips or suggestions on preparation. I have studied for the GMAT, but want to target my focus on the type of quantitative questions likely to be presented in the IE test.

Thanks!

Angela

Hi Angela!

I took the IE test in october. There are two main kinds of questions: First, they'll give you a text to read, mainly about a given situation in a company, giving you some numbers, etc, and then some questions related to that text. I found these questions pretty simple. The second kinds of questions can be a little tricky, but if you understand the mechanics its the easiest part of the test. They will show you a flux diagram in which you have to interpret symbols. The idea is that you understand what each symbol means in the flux diagram to understand what they are asking. I don't know if I'm being clear about these types of questions (it's kind of hard to explain without a piece of paper and a pen :s), but you can ask me and I'll try to explain better... ;)

Good luck!

Thanks!
I took the test and it wasn't hard, but I had an issue with the way some of the questions were phrased for the quantitative stuff. Not sure if it was the translation, but in some cases I wan't sure what they were asking. I also couldn't finish it! They say many people don't, but that still freaked me out a little bit.

I will take the GMAT nevertheless this Saturday as a back up plan.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AngelitaMund wrote:
Canelon wrote:
AngelitaMund wrote:
Hi,

I submitted my application and will have my interview and test on Monday at the IE LA office.
It has been hard to find additional details about the IE admissions test. Has anyone taken it recently?

Everyone says that if you are prepared for the GMAT you will be okay with the IE test, but I wonder if there are any additional tips or suggestions on preparation. I have studied for the GMAT, but want to target my focus on the type of quantitative questions likely to be presented in the IE test.

Thanks!

Angela

Hi Angela!

I took the IE test in october. There are two main kinds of questions: First, they'll give you a text to read, mainly about a given situation in a company, giving you some numbers, etc, and then some questions related to that text. I found these questions pretty simple. The second kinds of questions can be a little tricky, but if you understand the mechanics its the easiest part of the test. They will show you a flux diagram in which you have to interpret symbols. The idea is that you understand what each symbol means in the flux diagram to understand what they are asking. I don't know if I'm being clear about these types of questions (it's kind of hard to explain without a piece of paper and a pen :s), but you can ask me and I'll try to explain better... ;)

Good luck!

Thanks!
I took the test and it wasn't hard, but I had an issue with the way some of the questions were phrased for the quantitative stuff. Not sure if it was the translation, but in some cases I wan't sure what they were asking. I also couldn't finish it! They say many people don't, but that still freaked me out a little bit.

I will take the GMAT nevertheless this Saturday as a back up plan.

Hi Angela! I'm pretty sure you did well! And don't worry about not finishing it... it's meant to be that way (I got to question 43 of 50 or something like that, and still passed!). Anyhow, good luck on the GMAT!! ;)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:IE Nov. 2011
 Q47  V41
Send PM
I submitted my application Jan 6th and still waiting for a interview invite or ding. I received a call that my application was complete last week (tough all my documentation was submitted online) and in the next meeting of the admissions comittee my application would be reviewed.

Do they always send decisions on Tuesdays?

Thank you if you have any insight.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mertvye wrote:
I submitted my application Jan 6th and still waiting for a interview invite or ding. I received a call that my application was complete last week (tough all my documentation was submitted online) and in the next meeting of the admissions comittee my application would be reviewed.

Hi Mertvye,

I got my acceptance email on a Tuesday, but I wouldn't know if these emails are ALWAYS sent on Tuesdays... On the other hand, the email asking me for an interview was sent on a Friday.

Here are the dates in my admission process:
I sent my application papers October 19, and got the email inviting me to an interview November 19. The interview was held November 26 and the acceptance email was sent to me December 21.

Good luck!!
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V41
Send PM
Canelon wrote:
mertvye wrote:

Hi Mertvye,

I got my acceptance email on a Tuesday, but I wouldn't know if these emails are ALWAYS sent on Tuesdays... On the other hand, the email asking me for an interview was sent on a Friday.

Here are the dates in my admission process:
I sent my application papers October 19, and got the email inviting me to an interview November 19. The interview was held November 26 and the acceptance email was sent to me December 21.

Good luck!!

OK then, so I hope to receive any news this week or the next one.

Thank you very much.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Would like to know if anyone has more information on career services. Any information on 2010 placements for non-EU students?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I submitted the application on Dec 1, heard back about the interview on Dec 16, had the interview on Jan 10 and received my acceptance email on Jan 21 (Friday).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
iceman1 wrote:
Would like to know if anyone has more information on career services. Any information on 2010 placements for non-EU students?

check out this:
https://www.imba.ie.edu/pdf/CareerReportIMBA.PDF
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V41
Send PM
Well, guess what, today's Tuesday and I received my interview invite 20 minutes ago!!!

This is very rewarding, although I still keep my fingers crossed for LBS R2.

Any suggestion on where to look for info about the interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mertvye wrote:
Well, guess what, today's Tuesday and I received my interview invite 20 minutes ago!!!

Congrats!

Is your interview on the phone or are you meeting someone? Is it an alumnus or a admissions person?

Check this gmatclub thread out: mba-interview-tips-and-experiences-89455.html?highlight=ml408

I think you can find all you need there... ;)
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V41
Send PM
Canelon wrote:
mertvye wrote:

Congrats!

Is your interview on the phone or are you meeting someone? Is it an alumnus or a admissions person?

Check this gmatclub thread out: mba-interview-tips-and-experiences-89455.html?highlight=ml408

I think you can find all you need there... ;)

For the moment I do not know anything from the email, but from another phone call I know that the interview will be in Madrid and I guess will be with admissions.

I'll have a look at it, thank you @canelon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions I was hoping to get some feedback on:

1)Once you qualify for the in interview, does that mean that all the official due diligence (essays, test, experience), was deemed appropriate and they just want to get a sense of your character? Any idea of what factors come in after that point? I want to get a sense if they invite everybody for an interview and of those invited what percentage gets in. In know this is very specific, but if any feedback would be interested.

2) Does anyone have thoughts or opinions on the English vs. Spanish MBA program? I applied for the English program, although I am Colombian and speak Spanish perfectly. I am a bit torn here because on the one hand, I want to work in LATAM afterwards and feel I would miss out on building a good network with people from Latin America in the English track, but on the other hand, I would think many people, even native Spanish speakers, would also take the English MBA. Any one in a similar situation?
Are there any major differences between the two programs that I should be aware of?

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AngelitaMund wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions I was hoping to get some feedback on:

1)Once you qualify for the in interview, does that mean that all the official due diligence (essays, test, experience), was deemed appropriate and they just want to get a sense of your character? Any idea of what factors come in after that point? I want to get a sense if they invite everybody for an interview and of those invited what percentage gets in. In know this is very specific, but if any feedback would be interested.

2) Does anyone have thoughts or opinions on the English vs. Spanish MBA program? I applied for the English program, although I am Colombian and speak Spanish perfectly. I am a bit torn here because on the one hand, I want to work in LATAM afterwards and feel I would miss out on building a good network with people from Latin America in the English track, but on the other hand, I would think many people, even native Spanish speakers, would also take the English MBA. Any one in a similar situation?
Are there any major differences between the two programs that I should be aware of?

Thank you!

HI!

About the interview, my feeling is that unless your application papers are a mess, they won't call you to an interview... They seem to review your application further, once they have the information about how you did in the interview. Again, this is my feeling, according to the way my process went along...

About the English vs Spanish track, my native language is also Spanish (I am Mexican), but I never quite considered the Spanish track as an option, specifically because I am completely looking for the most diverse class possible. I think the Spanish track, as you say, will include mostly people from LatAm and Spain, and I'm interested in understanding how people do business all over the world... I also think a lot of native Spanish speakers will join us in the English track :wink:

Saludos!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts