Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Darden, Stern, CBS, Johnson, Fuqua
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:Johnson, CBS, Ross[R2], Haas [R2]
 Q47  V35
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
aakashganga wrote:

I had my interview yesterday. Cornell is awesome. Interview questions were pretty standard. They had a student observing me. He was taking notes as well. I think I did an ok, but not a great job in the interview. I had too much to say, so on occasions, I felt like I was rushing myself. Got a chance to meet Randall. He is cool. Ask me any questions you have about Cornell.

Aakash congrats on the interview. I'm going there on Monday.
Were you scheduled to interview with an admissions officer and the student came along? or was it vice versa? I'm scheduled to interview with a student, but I wonder whether an admissions officer will be joining as well.
So you didn't have any odd-ball questions at all ? was it conversational or was the interviewer following a list of questions?
Anything you wish you had known before the interview or had done differently ( besides the rushing yourself part )?

Question for everyone: any of you discussed financial aid or Park Fellowship while you were in Ithaca? I have questions on these but I feel like I'm jumping the gun talking about it before I even got interviewed.

Good luck to everyone on Wednesday. Big day!
Current Student
Send PM
tal wrote:
aakashganga wrote:

I had my interview yesterday. Cornell is awesome. Interview questions were pretty standard. They had a student observing me. He was taking notes as well. I think I did an ok, but not a great job in the interview. I had too much to say, so on occasions, I felt like I was rushing myself. Got a chance to meet Randall. He is cool. Ask me any questions you have about Cornell.

Aakash congrats on the interview. I'm going there on Monday.
Were you scheduled to interview with an admissions officer and the student came along? or was it vice versa? I'm scheduled to interview with a student, but I wonder whether an admissions officer will be joining as well.
So you didn't have any odd-ball questions at all ? was it conversational or was the interviewer following a list of questions?
Anything you wish you had known before the interview or had done differently ( besides the rushing yourself part )?

Question for everyone: any of you discussed financial aid or Park Fellowship while you were in Ithaca? I have questions on these but I feel like I'm jumping the gun talking about it before I even got interviewed.

Good luck to everyone on Wednesday. Big day!

My interview was with an admissions director, but a student sat in the interview to observe me. He occasionally asked me questions. No oddball questions by Johnson standard. I was asked which schools I applied to and what are the results. I had researched about the school thoroughly and always felt passionate about the school. I guess I could have been calmer and taken a few seconds to reorganize my thoughts before answering.

I discussed about the financial aid for international students. During the info session, I was informed about the park fellowship in detail, but since I had not applied to it, It wasn't of much use. Ask me any questions you have on that. I can answer them to the best of my knowledge.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:Johnson, Yale
Send PM
2 days left! Calls should being coming out tomorrow!
Current Student
Send PM
I had asked my interviewer if Cornell will call before the decision deadline and she had said no. Not sure what happened in R1.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Round 1 calls started the day before the notification date. But not everyone who was accepted received a call.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Send PM
From the "Ask the Johnson School Admissions Office" thread on businessweek:

We may be calling accepted R2 applicants before Feb 4th but there's a chance we may not. If you don't receive a phone call before Feb 4th, it does not mean that your application has been denied (or dinged). All R2 applicants should check their application online on Feb 4th for their decision. Decisions will be available at 9:00am Eastern time.

Best Regards,
the Admissions Team

The Johnson School at Cornell University
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking or Investment Management
Send PM
FYI, that same admissions blog said that Cornell applications were DOWN 10% overall this year. So that's good news for people waiting for decisions and for the waitlisters. Good luck guys.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare Marketing
Schools:R1 - Kellogg, Tuck (W), Yale, Cornell, R2- Haas, Ross, R3 - Foster
 Q46  V37
Send PM
Friend of mine just got an acceptance call from Randall...oh my god am nervous!!!
Current Student
 Q47  V40
Send PM
And it begins.......I hope they unload a lot of waitlisters into the acceptance column....starting with me :P

RJ wrote:
Friend of mine just got an acceptance call from Randall...oh my god am nervous!!!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Good luck everyone....

:-D

P.S. - I hope you get Solaris1 or IHTG's admit slot, Raabend!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
I hope you get in and get a scholarship too for your troubles, raabend! Although I really think you should go to Yale with ninkorn. :) Expecting a lot of good news here tomorrow.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
just wanted to share with everyone what happened with my cornell app over the last 2 wks...

i got a call from adcom on 1/21 saying they have given a first read to my app and were wodering if i've considered a 1y option...said they wanted to be sure that i'm aware of all options available to me before they gave it a second/final read...that's it...no suggestions/hints about my chances of getting into a 1y vis-a-vis a 2y....the adcom lady also sent me an email giving me contacts of current 1y students...

i was to respond by 1/23, however, i chose not to and asked for more time (till 1/28)...during this time i spoke with 3-4 current 1y students and was pretty sure i did not want to be in AMBA program....finally i responded to the adcom lady on 11/28 with a one page email giving my reasons for a well though out decision on pursuing a 2y program instead of 1y....the lady acknowledged receipt of my mail 5 mins afterwards....

at this point, i just don't know what they are doing with my app? are they even able to genuinely see my desire to get into a 2y? i just feel it's very inappropriate for a school to come back after app is under review for 7 wks and then ask an applicant if he has consided something else?

i don't know what to expect on the 4th.....the johnson adcom member on BW responded earlier today saying they have not decided as yet whether they are going to be calling for R2 interview invites on or even after feb4th....are you kidding me? when will they start thinking and making up their minds? just seems the adcom is undecided on a lot of things!!!

any thoughts guys????
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Schools:Cornell University - The Johnson School
Send PM
tarunmalik wrote:
just wanted to share with everyone what happened with my cornell app over the last 2 wks...

i got a call from adcom on 1/21 saying they have given a first read to my app and were wodering if i've considered a 1y option...said they wanted to be sure that i'm aware of all options available to me before they gave it a second/final read...that's it...no suggestions/hints about my chances of getting into a 1y vis-a-vis a 2y....the adcom lady also sent me an email giving me contacts of current 1y students...

i was to respond by 1/23, however, i chose not to and asked for more time (till 1/28)...during this time i spoke with 3-4 current 1y students and was pretty sure i did not want to be in AMBA program....finally i responded to the adcom lady on 11/28 with a one page email giving my reasons for a well though out decision on pursuing a 2y program instead of 1y....the lady acknowledged receipt of my mail 5 mins afterwards....

at this point, i just don't know what they are doing with my app? are they even able to genuinely see my desire to get into a 2y? i just feel it's very inappropriate for a school to come back after app is under review for 7 wks and then ask an applicant if he has consided something else?

i don't know what to expect on the 4th.....the johnson adcom member on BW responded earlier today saying they have not decided as yet whether they are going to be calling for R2 interview invites on or even after feb4th....are you kidding me? when will they start thinking and making up their minds? just seems the adcom is undecided on a lot of things!!!

any thoughts guys????

It doesn't sound as though adcom is indecisive but is on the fence about you in terms of acceptance to the 2-year program. I guess that can be seen as indecision haha! Also, I don't know your background but maybe another reason is that the adcom felt that the AMBA might be a better option given your previous work experience, etc. and that your chances for admittance would be higher. Just my .02

Franklin Delano Bluth
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Schools:Cornell University - The Johnson School
Send PM
RJ wrote:

Wow! When I had my interview, Randall and several others said that they may not get to the phone calls because they were still making decisions.

Hmmm, this is very interesting. Good luck to all of you!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology Management
Schools:Fuqua, Anderson, Johnson, Ross
Send PM
tarunmalik wrote:

any thoughts guys????

Tarun,

If you read the Cornell thread from 2008, you'll find a few posts by me and others who were put in the same situation. I don't know about your profile, but if I had to guess you would be an engineer with advanced degree and 4+ years of experience. I was given the same option after my interview and one day before the decision deadline! As it was my first decision, I decided to accept it and was admitted to the AMBA program. I met at least 6-7 other applicants through BW who were 'guided' into the 1-yr program. Some of them enrolled while some did not. I really liked Johnson for their immersion program and the small size, but ultimately felt that the 1-year program did not offer the same opportunities as the 2-year.

SV
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
thanks for the info SV....you stated precisely what i got out of hours of detailed conversations with current AMBA students....the 1y program doesn't suit my MBA needs and wants....i decided to let the adcom know exactly that in the email....i just hope they are able to think beyond their sales pitch for the AMBA program and let applicants do what they wanna do without penalizing them....
Current Student
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Unless admissions is way behind, the phone calls should begin any second.

If I remain on the waitlist after the Round 2 notification I will def be very depressed and will most likely get the "607" tattoo removed from chest.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  52   53   54   55   56   57   58  ...  72