Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:14 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: AID
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Investment Banking (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.56
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Received an interview invite! That was fast!
Scheduled next week in a non-US city.

Anyone know what percentage of applicants are invited to interview?
Also, oft asked question, but have to know - you reckon business formals are needed?
Appreciate your help.

Thanks!
z
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
ctrlz wrote:
Received an interview invite! That was fast!
Scheduled next week in a non-US city.

Anyone know what percentage of applicants are invited to interview?
Also, oft asked question, but have to know - you reckon business formals are needed?
Appreciate your help.

Thanks!
z

That was quick! barely 10 days after EA deadline. When did you submit and whats your profile like
Intern
Intern
Send PM
daffyme wrote:
That was quick! barely 10 days after EA deadline. When did you submit and whats your profile like

You bet!
Submitted on the 11th of October.
Male/25/Engineering - Energy/Non-European working in Europe.
Strong acads, decent extra curriculars.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Definitely business formal attire - no question.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Scheduled my campus visit/interview on Oct 26. Do you guys have any recommendations of hotels around the campus? It's my first time of being there. Thank you a lot!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
congrats ctrlz!

have you visited tuck?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I guess the interview schedule for non-US will follow the Tuck Events Schedule. :) Im guessing your interview is on 27th right ctrlz?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
ciduo777 wrote:
Scheduled my campus visit/interview on Oct 26. Do you guys have any recommendations of hotels around the campus? It's my first time of being there. Thank you a lot!

Hope this is not too late.

I stayed at Six South Street Hotel, it's a new hotel, right by Dartmouth campus and 10 minutes walk to Tuck. The online rate is the same as the Hanover Inn, which is surprisingly expensive for new hampshire (=rate at a decent NYC hotel): $270-something for a night. But if you call Six South Street and try to ask for a discount, mention you are coming for an interview, they may give a nice discount. It worked for me.

Good luck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
jn1986 wrote:
ciduo777 wrote:

I stayed at Six South Street Hotel, it's a new hotel, right by Dartmouth campus and 10 minutes walk to Tuck. The online rate is the same as the Hanover Inn, which is surprisingly expensive for new hampshire (=rate at a decent NYC hotel): $270-something for a night. But if you call Six South Street and try to ask for a discount, mention you are coming for an interview, they may give a nice discount. It worked for me.

Good luck.

If you have a car, you have a lot of flexibility. You can stay in boston and make the drive depending on the time of your first event that day. Its about 2 hours away. Also you can just use hotwire or something and get a cheap room in white river or other area close by. There are a number of smaller hotels in the area about 10-15 mintues from campus driving.

Not sure why but most of the hotels close to Dartmouth are over $200 kind of pricey for the area. I myself just stayed somewhere I could use the my hotel points and made the drive in. Hope this helps and good luck with your interview!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
ciduo777 wrote:

I would look for hotels in the West Lebanon and White River Junction area. They are each around 15-20 minutes from the Dewey parking lot (where you will have to park if you are driving) and have much lower room rates than in Hanover. The Dewey parking lot is itself a solid 10-15 minute walk from Tuck, but shuttles come pretty frequently (every 10 min) in the morning and then every half hour in the afternoon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
klb15 wrote:
congrats ctrlz!

have you visited tuck?

Thank you! And to answer your question - nope. Never even been to the US. :)

daffyme wrote:
'I guess the interview schedule for non-US will follow the Tuck Events Schedule. :) Im guessing your interview is on 27th right ctrlz?

Bang on daffy. Before the event.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
rgupta83 wrote:
jn1986 wrote:
ciduo777 wrote:

Good luck.

If you have a car, you have a lot of flexibility. You can stay in boston and make the drive depending on the time of your first event that day. Its about 2 hours away. Also you can just use hotwire or something and get a cheap room in white river or other area close by. There are a number of smaller hotels in the area about 10-15 mintues from campus driving.

Not sure why but most of the hotels close to Dartmouth are over $200 kind of pricey for the area. I myself just stayed somewhere I could use the my hotel points and made the drive in. Hope this helps and good luck with your interview!

Thanks so much! Both of you!!
When I asked you guys for suggestions, I was so surprised to find out that all of the hotels I found online are pricey in the Dartmouth area. Now I feel like better understand the hotel business situation in that area 8-) Good luck to all of us.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Investment Banking (Venture Capital)
Send PM

Originally posted by washingtondc627 on 24 Oct 2011, 14:02.
Last edited by washingtondc627 on 05 Jan 2012, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quick question about the biographical essay on the scholarship/financial aid form:

The question has some overlapping components found in Essay 4 (who you are, what you did in college, activities etc).

Does any of you know if this biographical essay in the scholarship form will be viewed independently of the application materials? I want to make sure that is the case and I won't appear silly if I include similar information in the 2 essays.

I've searched Tuck's website, application instruction file, Frequently asked questions on Tuck's website and didn't find an answer.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
Hello~~New to this thread.
Going to Tuck campus for class visit and interview on Nov 7. Any advice from current Tuck students as how I should prepare for the interview? I will be driving from New York City to Hanover on the night of Nov 6. I'm applying the Nov round. (Canadian applicant, big 4 and insurance background, girl)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
jn1986 wrote:
Quick question about the biographical essay on the scholarship/financial aid form:

The question has some overlapping components found in Essay 4 (who you are, what you did in college, activities etc).

Does any of you know if this biographical essay in the scholarship form will be viewed independently of the application materials? I want to make sure that is the case and I won't appear silly if I include similar information in the 2 essays.

I've searched Tuck's website, application instruction file, Frequently asked questions on Tuck's website and didn't find an answer.

When I was there last Friday during the Q&A session they said it is because the scholarship applicant is sent to the Fin Aid office. The admissions office and fin aid offices do not share information during this time until admission decisions have been made. The bio essay is just to help the the fin aid office identify any specific/obscure scholarships that each individual may be eligible for.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rgupta83 wrote:
jn1986 wrote:

When I was there last Friday during the Q&A session they said it is because the scholarship applicant is sent to the Fin Aid office. The admissions office and fin aid offices do not share information during this time until admission decisions have been made. The bio essay is just to help the the fin aid office identify any specific/obscure scholarships that each individual may be eligible for.

Great thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  70   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts