Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 16:35 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.21
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
daffyme wrote:
Hey shy7013,

Who did you interview with? was it Diana? Was it very formal?

No, it was not Diana, it was another woman from the adcom. It was not very formal. We had our interview in a coffee bar of a hotel, and we talked just as we were good friends. Very casual. Hope it helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
aim760 wrote:
shy7013 wrote:
Hi Everyone, had my interview with Adcom yesterday. The interviewer was very nice. I got my invitation one day before the interview, and the adcom will interview 20-30 (I guess) applicants before the information session event in Shanghai this Monday. She will fly to Beijing and Taipei, not sure if there is Singapore after that. Good luck, everyone!

An interview invite just a day before the actual interview? That's strange. It might be too short a notice for someone who might not be in town at the first place. Were you also given options to interview sometime later...may be by an alum/telephone/skype?

Yea, it was a short notice. She asked me whether I was in town or not. I guess if I would have some alternative opportunity if I was not in Shanghai during this weekend.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Don't know if this is relevant or not. I just received an email inviting me to interview in Hanover. I applied Early Action, but never visited the campus. Not sure if they invite all Americans after submitting the application. Anyone know if they invite everyone in the U.S.?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
KPrizzle wrote:
Don't know if this is relevant or not. I just received an email inviting me to interview in Hanover. I applied Early Action, but never visited the campus. Not sure if they invite all Americans after submitting the application. Anyone know if they invite everyone in the U.S.?

To the best of my knowledge "yes" and "no." All applicants are encouraged to set up an interview before their interview deadline (which was 10/31 for Early Action candidates). After the deadline, Ad com may invite some candidates, who previously did not get the chance, to interview. However, once the deadline is passed it is by invitation only.

So if your invitation was for after 10/31, than I would take it as a good sign that they really want to speak with you personally. If it was a generic "you applied Early Action, come visit us by 10/31" email, than I think you're in the same boat as most of the other applicants.

Not a member of ad com, so this is just my belief from what I have read and heard. Hope it helps.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sptsjunkie wrote:
KPrizzle wrote:

To the best of my knowledge "yes" and "no." All applicants are encouraged to set up an interview before their interview deadline (which was 10/31 for Early Action candidates). After the deadline, Ad com may invite some candidates, who previously did not get the chance, to interview. However, once the deadline is passed it is by invitation only.

So if your invitation was for after 10/31, than I would take it as a good sign that they really want to speak with you personally. If it was a generic "you applied Early Action, come visit us by 10/31" email, than I think you're in the same boat as most of the other applicants.

Not a member of ad com, so this is just my belief from what I have read and heard. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the input. I just received the email today to register for an interview and complete it by Nov. 18th. So, hopefully that's a step in the right direction, or at the very least that adcom is making some progress through our applications. Good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
My presence was requested by November 18th as well. I'll have to pull some strings to make it up there since I do shift work that's finalized months in advance and my military unit won't let me go outside of a 250 mile radius of my duty station unless it's approved beforehand.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
KPrizzle wrote:
sptsjunkie wrote:
KPrizzle wrote:

Thanks for the input. I just received the email today to register for an interview and complete it by Nov. 18th. So, hopefully that's a step in the right direction, or at the very least that adcom is making some progress through our applications. Good luck to everyone!

I received the same email today. I am from southamerica.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
KPrizzle wrote:

I received the same email. I think this is just a formality, and nothing special. There have been some who have gotten invites to interview with alumni in their current cities, so it looks like that is the good sign. I think this email is more of a last call...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
RipSteakface wrote:
KPrizzle wrote:

I received the same email. I think this is just a formality, and nothing special. There have been some who have gotten invites to interview with alumni in their current cities, so it looks like that is the good sign. I think this email is more of a last call...

You're saying some applicants in the U.S. were given the option to interview with alumni in their city? Where were these people located? West Coast only?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
andrew10987 wrote:
RipSteakface wrote:
KPrizzle wrote:

You're saying some applicants in the U.S. were given the option to interview with alumni in their city? Where were these people located? West Coast only?

Does anyone know about off campus interviews in the U.S.? Everyone that I have heard schedule an off campus interview is in a different country. Also, I called admissions this morning, and they said all Americans have to do on-campus at Tuck. I would love to know if there is another option. Any input?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
You're saying some applicants in the U.S. were given the option to interview with alumni in their city? Where were these people located? West Coast only?[/quote]

Does anyone know about off campus interviews in the U.S.? Everyone that I have heard schedule an off campus interview is in a different country. Also, I called admissions this morning, and they said all Americans have to do on-campus at Tuck. I would love to know if there is another option. Any input?[/quote]

Ok, this makes sense because I hadn't heard of anyone in the US interviewing in-city. I am in California, probably as far away from Hanover as you can get, and I received the email to come to campus too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
RipSteakface wrote:

Does anyone know about off campus interviews in the U.S.? Everyone that I have heard schedule an off campus interview is in a different country. Also, I called admissions this morning, and they said all Americans have to do on-campus at Tuck. I would love to know if there is another option. Any input?[/quote]

Ok, this makes sense because I hadn't heard of anyone in the US interviewing in-city. I am in California, probably as far away from Hanover as you can get, and I received the email to come to campus too.[/quote]

Did somebody (from US and abroad) receive an invitation to have an interview off campus? I am from south america and I received the invitation to be interviewed on campus or by skype.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
Did anyone attend the tuck session in Mumbai? How was it? Any noteworthy details?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: AID
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I interviewed at Tuck in September. My current application status says Completed on 10/27/2011 10:08:00 AM. Does it mean that a decision has been made? Are Tuck admission decisions rolling? Won't we hear anything before 12/16/2011?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 539 [0]
Concentration: International Business
Schools:Tuck, Duke, Cambridge, Said
Send PM
vinaynp wrote:
I interviewed at Tuck in September. My current application status says Completed on 10/27/2011 10:08:00 AM. Does it mean that a decision has been made? Are Tuck admission decisions rolling? Won't we hear anything before 12/16/2011?

I dont think, it means that the decision is made. I thinks it means that all your documents etc are complete for the round you applied for and now its ready to be evaluated.

This is just my opinion.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
mn2010 wrote:
vinaynp wrote:

I dont think, it means that the decision is made. I thinks it means that all your documents etc are complete for the round you applied for and now its ready to be evaluated.

This is just my opinion.

Yea Tuck will not release any decisions until the week of 12/16 at the earliest. Most likely they will start calling admits on 12/14 if its similar to last year with a mass online update at around 5 EST or so on 12/16. It is possible to be admitted without a call from what I remember in Last years forum so hope is not really lost ever until your read your decision online.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
I interviewed earlier this week in Hanover and the impression from adcom was, if you're in the US, you need to initiate an interview at the campus. Adcom explicitly stated it is in the candidates best interest to go to Hanover to interview.

After visiting, I can see why they do this. As most everyone knows, Dartmouth is pretty much in the middle nowhere and you really need to make sure the school is the right fit for you. Best of luck to those applying!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  70   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts