Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 22:25 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [3]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello All

Now that I have a bit of time to breathe and think I wanted to give you a bit of background and perspective.

This was my 3rd time applying. The biggest weakness to my app was my GMAT, however, please do not let someone fool you into thinking that the GMAT is the one thing to get you into the program.

I have met with many current Candidates, Alumn, and personnel who have been in admissions. I feel I have a good grip on the application process and let me tell you, there is no one shoe fits all template. I can get into greater detail but I will spare you your time. I will say, be your self, focus on your strengths and do not give up. Believe me when I say, If I can get in, you can too.

Profile:
Male
30 years old
From Bay Area
Military Background (not officer or special forces, believe me, those play a big role into getting in)
~12 year work experience (I went into military from high school and earned degree while in military 5 year in)
1st GMAT < 400
Final GMAT= 640

Again, there is so much that goes into the application process that the GMAT and Work Experience is just the tip of the ice. Everything from emails to the school adcom, school visits, interaction, your resume, your personal presentation and brand, and everything else go into the calculation of being accepted.

I am not a consultant, but, after meeting with a few consultants myself, I was offered part time work with them due to my perspective. So, if you want to PM we can work something out to meet and help you in reapplying. If we work together I will not hold back and show you my entire application.

Thanks everyone. I have found this forum to be fun and a place of solace.

- E
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Amazing post. Thanks man, that was really helpful and encouraging. So happy you got in! You definitely deserve it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
Send PM
intern19 wrote:
Amazing post. Thanks man, that was really helpful and encouraging. So happy you got in! You definitely deserve it.

Completely agree - i think this perseverance is infectious. :)
Good luck to all who got it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V35
Send PM
has anyone received a call today? still trying to stay hopeful, although I realize that chances of getting in are "very" slim at this point
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.19
WE:Operations (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
itsmedavidv wrote:
Hello All

Now that I have a bit of time to breathe and think I wanted to give you a bit of background and perspective.

This was my 3rd time applying. The biggest weakness to my app was my GMAT, however, please do not let someone fool you into thinking that the GMAT is the one thing to get you into the program.

I have met with many current Candidates, Alumn, and personnel who have been in admissions. I feel I have a good grip on the application process and let me tell you, there is no one shoe fits all template. I can get into greater detail but I will spare you your time. I will say, be your self, focus on your strengths and do not give up. Believe me when I say, If I can get in, you can too.

Profile:
Male
30 years old
From Bay Area
Military Background (not officer or special forces, believe me, those play a big role into getting in)
~12 year work experience (I went into military from high school and earned degree while in military 5 year in)
1st GMAT < 400
Final GMAT= 640

Again, there is so much that goes into the application process that the GMAT and Work Experience is just the tip of the ice. Everything from emails to the school adcom, school visits, interaction, your resume, your personal presentation and brand, and everything else go into the calculation of being accepted.

I am not a consultant, but, after meeting with a few consultants myself, I was offered part time work with them due to my perspective. So, if you want to PM we can work something out to meet and help you in reapplying. If we work together I will not hold back and show you my entire application.

Thanks everyone. I have found this forum to be fun and a place of solace.

- E

Congrats! You definitely deserve it!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Guys- I am eagerly waiting for the decision/call today. Applied to Weekend MBA program. Looks like yesterdays calls were all about 'evening' program. I tried to login to funding/scholarship page yesterday. I got message that " I am not eligible for scholarship/grants". Since it is validating my application userid against newly admitted students list. I am being positive :). Also I checked my application and I saw that I said to 'no" to scholarship/grants question..Any thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gotiwada2002 wrote:
Hi Guys- I am eagerly waiting for the decision/call today. Applied to Weekend MBA program. Looks like yesterdays calls were all about 'evening' program. I tried to login to funding/scholarship page yesterday. I got message that " I am not eligible for scholarship/grants". Since it is validating my application userid against newly admitted students list. I am being positive :). Also I checked my application and I saw that I said to 'no" to scholarship/grants question..Any thoughts?

One question to all who are trying to scholarship page, do you see this when you log into your account or do you separately try this in the finaid page?
(https://finaidapp.haas.berkeley.edu/account/login.aspx)
I also get "You do not appear eligible for any scholarships or grants." through the finaid site, not sure if this is a standard error message.
Does anyone get invalid username/password kind of message?
Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
If you try with junk userid and pwd you get 'authentication failed' message and that means some thing for the 'not eligible for scholarship/grants' message.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
gotiwada2002 wrote:
If you try with junk userid and pwd you get 'authentication failed' message and that means some thing for the 'not eligible for scholarship/grants' message.

I was told yesterday by the admissions that its because the system has not been updates. Call UCB to confirm
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gotiwada2002 wrote:

Interesting!!!! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.67
WE:Architecture (Computer Software)
Send PM
Just received the "Unable to offer admission" email. Good luck to all the admits. Will plan on reapplying next year. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
domnicfdes wrote:
Just received the "Unable to offer admission" email. Good luck to all the admits. Will plan on reapplying next year. :)

Same here.. got the email just now :)
All the best to the admitted candidates..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GPA: 3.49
WE:Marketing (Health Care)
Send PM
Yep...just got the email, too. Will reapply for next year.

Good luck to everyone - those who got in, and those who didn't. It's been a wild ride!

See you on the flip side!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Applied R2 and was waitlisted. Just got the email that I am still on the waitlist. Any idea how many will get accepted off the waitlist now that all the rounds are complete?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.76
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Waitlisted again !!! :| Agony continues .... I am R2 Waitlisted candidate.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Just received the waitlist email.
Since I am in the east coast, I guess I need to provide an offer letter from bay area to get in, but it's nearly impossible in 20 days:(
Do you guys think a letter from my boss indicating that he would agree to let me work remotely helps?

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Waitlisted.

Couple of questions:
1. What is the best way to approach wait list? New letter of recommendations? Anything else?

2. What is the probability of turning into an admit? Slim or 50%?

Appreciate your guidance.

Thanks.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  44   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts