It is currently 21 Aug 2017, 05:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2015, 10:05
One more day .. Ladies and Gentlemen !! Looking at the Facebook group, it looks like EWMBA'2018 may have very few spots left to fill.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2015, 14:01
Just got the call from Admissions Office. I am in. Absolutely elated. Best wishes to everyone waiting..

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

GPA: 3.19
WE: Operations (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2015, 14:23
launchpad123 wrote:
Just got the call from Admissions Office. I am in. Absolutely elated. Best wishes to everyone waiting..

Congrats!

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2015, 14:33
launchpad123 wrote:

congrats !!

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2015, 15:08
Also just got the call, in!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 9

GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V35

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2015, 15:19
JFL wrote:

awesome, congratulations! do you know what time you got the call?

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2015, 15:35
HeartHaas wrote:
JFL wrote:

awesome, congratulations! do you know what time you got the call?

thanks! got the call at 3

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2015, 16:00
I'm in! Got the call an hour ago

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2015, 16:42
Just got the call, in!

Last edited by prepareforbest on 07 Jul 2015, 00:29, edited 2 times in total.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2015, 16:45
Does any one know if haas allow attending orientation as scheduled but deferring classes? It will be so easier for me since I am moving to ca half a year later.

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V35
Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2015, 19:18
that is probably it? rest of us mostly will get dinged tomorrow or July 2nd... Chances are really really slim at this point

Last edited by OneBattle62 on 30 Jun 2015, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2015, 21:50
HeartHaas wrote:
that is probably it? rest of got mostly will get dinged tomorrow or July 2nd... Chances are really really slim at this point

Looks like it :( 6 months long wait and after three waitlists.. looks like its finally time to relax a bit before applying again in few months... :/

Intern
Intern

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2015, 22:32
binaryuser01 wrote:
HeartHaas wrote:
that is probably it? rest of got mostly will get dinged tomorrow or July 2nd... Chances are really really slim at this point

Looks like it :( 6 months long wait and after three waitlists.. looks like its finally time to relax a bit before applying again in few months... :/

Sorry to hear that..However, I would advise against applying next year. I was a re-applicant too (though I had applied 3 years ago). During my interview, my interviewer had actually mentioned that it was a good thing to not apply immediately as it is extremely difficult to show considerable career progression since your last application. I would, instead take the chance to get feedback from a member of the AdCom and then improve my application, before applying again in the following year. You can, of course, apply to other schools.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Berkeley MBA Commencement Speakers Stand Out [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2015, 10:01
FROM The Berkeley EWMBA Blog: Berkeley MBA Commencement Speakers Stand Out

Two student speakers at the 2015 Berkeley MBA commencement, which celebrated graduates of the Full-time MBA Program and the Evening & Weekend MBA Program at Berkeley-Haas, delivered addresses that have caught attention: 

Full-time student Sandeep Pahuja is showcased at 2:26 in this montage video of 2015 b-school commencements from Poets & Quants, Grab a tissue as he gives heartfelt thanks for the support of family and friends—and conveys how powerful it it's been to realize that his 200+ Berkeley MBA classmates are family as well. 

At the same ceremony, part-time MBA student Brandon Middleton delivered what may be the first-ever b-school commencement rap—so well crafted it's been seen by more than 8,000 people on Facebook.

Congratulations to all our graduates. Want a glimpse of their experience? Compare our programs.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

7 Reasons to Choose a Part-time MBA Program [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2015, 12:01
FROM The Berkeley EWMBA Blog: 7 Reasons to Choose a Part-time MBA Program

Congratulations—you've decided to go business school.

And you've decided that study in a top-ranked MBA program will give you the knowledge, skills, and network to chart the course of your career, from next move to a lifetime of meaningful work.

Now you need to determine what kind of program is right for you: Full-time? Part-time? Online? Hybrid?

We'd like to share 7 things about part-time MBA programs (such as evening and weekend or executive programs) that may help you decide if this is the best way for you to MBA:

1. Don't pause, stay in play. 
Part-time programs let you continue working while you earn your degree, eliminating opportunity cost. Not only that, many students make career moves while still in school.

2. Make the office your learning laboratory.
Nothing makes new knowledge stick like the chance to use it right away—in the real world. Part-time MBA programs let you learn it on Monday night or Thursday, or Saturday and take it right back to work with you.

3. (Your Job Title Here) by day, marketer, strategist, founder, etc. by night. 
Whatever your day job, part-time MBA programs let you walk a mile in many different pairs of shoes, through class projects, consulting engagements, and startup competitions, to name a few opportunities. 

4. If the shoe fits...wear it to work!
As your previously untapped talents come to light at school, you can help people at work see you in a whole new way; let them know that you better follow financial conversations, and have more to contribute to strategic planning, or brand management, or... 

5. Plug into a whole new network.
Ever wish you knew someone who worked at (Your Dream Company Here)? Now you do. In a part-time MBA program, your classmates bring a wide range of experience, expertise, and connections to the table. As do faculty and members of the alumni network.

6. You don't have to live where you study
The flexible scheduling options of part-time programs let you choose study at night, on Saturdays, or in blocks every few weeks. That way, even a commute by plane is do-able (and done by lots of people).  

7. Invest in yourself—and others will too.
Getting an MBA signals that you are taking charge of your career, realizing your potential, shaping and sharpening your skills. It says it before you’ve even finished the program. And it says it to your boss, even your boss’s boss. 

There you have it—seven ways earning your MBA part-time can take you where you want to go. Want to learn more? Check out the part-time programs at Berkeley-Haas. 

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 22

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2015, 14:21
launchpad123 wrote:
binaryuser01 wrote:
HeartHaas wrote:

Sorry to hear that..However, I would advise against applying next year. I was a re-applicant too (though I had applied 3 years ago). During my interview, my interviewer had actually mentioned that it was a good thing to not apply immediately as it is extremely difficult to show considerable career progression since your last application. I would, instead take the chance to get feedback from a member of the AdCom and then improve my application, before applying again in the following year. You can, of course, apply to other schools.

I was hoping to get an email stating their inability to offer an admission. But they have asked me to wait till July 8. Has anyone else recived this email ?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 22

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2015, 14:37
I got the same email.

This is torture.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2015, 14:53
diptimba wrote:

I was hoping to get an email stating their inability to offer an admission. But they have asked me to wait till July 8. Has anyone else recived this email ?

At least they gave you a date! Last year when I was WLed (R2 and R3) I didn't hear until getting a call on 7/24, the week before classes were going to start.

Good luck to those still waiting!

Current Student

GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2015, 14:56
launchpad123 wrote:
binaryuser01 wrote:
HeartHaas wrote:

I don't think this is necessarily always true. I applied last year and was WLed, applied again this year and got accepted. I didn't re-take my GMAT, so the only thing I really did differently was demonstrate increased responsibility at work and update a couple (but not all) of my essay responses. Everyone's situation is different!

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2015, 15:00
orangerie wrote:
diptimba wrote:

At least they gave you a date! Last year when I was WLed (R2 and R3) I didn't hear until getting a call on 7/24, the week before classes were going to start.

Good luck to those still waiting!

I see you got in this year in EWMBA18 from your profile. But you got the accepted call on 7/24 last year? Did you chose not to start your MBA last year?

Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018   [#permalink] 02 Jul 2015, 15:00

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41  ...  44    Next  [ 871 posts ]