Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:43 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 292 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Hi,

First I would like to congratulate all the R1 and R2 admits and extend heartiest best wishes to those waitlisted.

I am a R3 applicant and while I have been waiting anxiously to hear some new news, I have not come across a substantial number of R3 applicants on the forum. Can we have head count for the same? Although I know 15 Jul seems too far from now, but some positive words from fellow R3 applicants can provide assurance that am not in the boat alone.

I quick question to the admits.. The INSEAD website states that prior to the interview call, one needs to submit video essays on Kira talent, however, non of the earlier posts mentions anything regarding the same. Some insights on that plz?? :) :)

Cheers!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Kudos
chimish wrote:
Hi,

First I would like to congratulate all the R1 and R2 admits and extend heartiest best wishes to those waitlisted.

I am a R3 applicant and while I have been waiting anxiously to hear some new news, I have not come across a substantial number of R3 applicants on the forum. Can we have head count for the same? Although I know 15 Jul seems too far from now, but some positive words from fellow R3 applicants can provide assurance that am not in the boat alone.

I quick question to the admits.. The INSEAD website states that prior to the interview call, one needs to submit video essays on Kira talent, however, non of the earlier posts mentions anything regarding the same. Some insights on that plz?? :) :)

Cheers!!!

Hi chimish, an R2 applicant, I did not have the Kira talent as part of the application process. It must be a new policy starting from R3. Although I cannot give you direct insight on it, I know other schools such as Kellogg and Yale use similar process, so maybe you could take a look at their forums and get the idea of how this video essay thing works.

Originally posted by gaoweiyi27 on 28 Jun 2016, 00:06.
Last edited by gaoweiyi27 on 28 Jun 2016, 01:03, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Send PM
Anyone here apply for need-based scholarships? Any news?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE (A)
Send PM
chimish wrote:
Hi,

Cheers!!!

R3 applicant. No idea what Kira talent is?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Kudos
chimish wrote:
Hi,

Cheers!!!

chimish - I am an R3 applicant too. The video essay is a requirement for applicants of September'17 and onward batches . Refer to this link - www(dot)insead(dot)edu/ajax/node/7731. Hope this brings you some relief in the dreadful wait :)

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
nigushto wrote:
chimish wrote:
Hi,

Cheers!!!

chimish - I am an R3 applicant too. The video essay is a requirement for applicants of September'17 and onward batches . Refer to this link - www(dot)insead(dot)edu/ajax/node/7731. Hope this brings you some relief in the dreadful wait :)

Cheers!

Thanks for posting Chimish,

So this video interview for next Intake. good to know
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GPA: 3.23
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
babushka84 wrote:
Anyone here apply for need-based scholarships? Any news?

We will be notified August 5 no?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
chimish wrote:
Hi,

Cheers!!!

Another R3 applicant here. I agree that the video interview part was a bit confusing, since they'd updated the application instructions for R1 of the next intake before this intake was complete. Either way, no need to worry about it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.87
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all, I was just playing around with data from MBAConnect. I thought all R3, R4 and WL candidates would benefit from this. This is the breakdown of people admitted (those who have registered on MBAConnect) by their Primary country of citizenship. The total sample size is 354 at the moment.

Indian 52
American 31
Chinese 30
Lebanese 22
Canadian 18
Brazilian 15
Spanish 14
French 12
German 12
British 10
Russian 10
Australian 10
Italian 9
Singaporean 8
South African 7
Pakistani 6
Moroccan 5
Indonesian 5
Japanese 5
Turkish 5
Philippine 5
Portuguese 5
Taiwanese 3
Swiss 3
Greek 3
Czech 3
Korean 3
Bangladeshi 2
Nigerian 2
Vietnamese 2
Cypriot 2
Egyptian 2
Lithuanian 2
Chilean 2
Moldovan 2
Dutch 2
Polish 2
Iraqi 1
Nepalese 1
Ukrainian 1
New Zealander 1
Argentine 1
Malaysian 1
Trinidad and Tobago 1
Mexican 1
Venezuelan 1
Peruvian 1
Guatemalan 1
Austrian 1
Croat 1
Belarusian 1
Thai 1
Georgian 1
Israeli 1
Romanian 1
Uruguayan 1
Bruneian 1
Myanmarese 1
Bulgarian 1
Slovak 1
Grand Total 354
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
Another quick one before I stop. This time by age group and number of admitted candidates that have registered.

Age Group #
23-25 31
26-28 165
29-31 125
32-34 32
35-37 1
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Hi iccotdis

Thank you very much for this!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Am I correct that MBA Connect reflects admitted students but not necessarily those enrolling? Or is it unlikely that someone would bother signing up for it if they probably were going elsewhere?

My obvious concern is that the yield this year might be higher than in the past due to the #1 ranking and certain people obsessing over that.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
alwaysapplying wrote:
Am I correct that MBA Connect reflects admitted students but not necessarily those enrolling? Or is it unlikely that someone would bother signing up for it if they probably were going elsewhere?

My obvious concern is that the yield this year might be higher than in the past due to the #1 ranking and certain people obsessing over that.

My 2 cents.

INSEAD gives all admitted students access to MBA Connect. So, these are the people who have been admitted and who have registered and logged into the system. I am sure many of the students there would not end up enrolling in the programme i.e, the yield would definitely be less than 100%. What role the FT ranking would play is anyone's guess. However, I doubt most will make their decisions based on that one factor. I read somewhere that the yield is around 75%. (in poets&quants, I think)

Also, even if someone is going elsewhere, they might register just to check the portal out. I signed up for the IESE portal when I was admitted there.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
iccotdis wrote:
Hi all, I was just playing around with data from MBAConnect. I thought all R3, R4 and WL candidates would benefit from this. This is the breakdown of people admitted (those who have registered on MBAConnect) by their Primary country of citizenship. The total sample size is 354 at the moment.

Indian 52
American 31
Chinese 30
Lebanese 22
Canadian 18
Brazilian 15
Spanish 14
French 12
German 12
British 10
Russian 10
Australian 10
Italian 9
Singaporean 8
South African 7
Pakistani 6
Moroccan 5
Indonesian 5
Japanese 5
Turkish 5
Philippine 5
Portuguese 5
Taiwanese 3
Swiss 3
Greek 3
Czech 3
Korean 3
Bangladeshi 2
Nigerian 2
Vietnamese 2
Cypriot 2
Egyptian 2
Lithuanian 2
Chilean 2
Moldovan 2
Dutch 2
Polish 2
Iraqi 1
Nepalese 1
Ukrainian 1
New Zealander 1
Argentine 1
Malaysian 1
Trinidad and Tobago 1
Mexican 1
Venezuelan 1
Peruvian 1
Guatemalan 1
Austrian 1
Croat 1
Belarusian 1
Thai 1
Georgian 1
Israeli 1
Romanian 1
Uruguayan 1
Bruneian 1
Myanmarese 1
Bulgarian 1
Slovak 1
Grand Total 354

This is looking bad. if already 52 Indians are admitted. not much left for R3.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
iccotdis wrote:

Indian 52
American 31
Chinese 30
Lebanese 22
Canadian 18
Brazilian 15
Spanish 14
French 12
German 12
British 10
Russian 10
Australian 10
Italian 9
Singaporean 8
South African 7
Pakistani 6
Moroccan 5
Indonesian 5
Japanese 5
Turkish 5
Philippine 5
Portuguese 5
Taiwanese 3
Swiss 3
Greek 3
Czech 3
Korean 3
Bangladeshi 2
Nigerian 2
Vietnamese 2
Cypriot 2
Egyptian 2
Lithuanian 2
Chilean 2
Moldovan 2
Dutch 2
Polish 2
Iraqi 1
Nepalese 1
Ukrainian 1
New Zealander 1
Argentine 1
Malaysian 1
Trinidad and Tobago 1
Mexican 1
Venezuelan 1
Peruvian 1
Guatemalan 1
Austrian 1
Croat 1
Belarusian 1
Thai 1
Georgian 1
Israeli 1
Romanian 1
Uruguayan 1
Bruneian 1
Myanmarese 1
Bulgarian 1
Slovak 1
Grand Total 354

60 nationalities already .....that's a whole lot of diversity and I hope I get a chance to experience it :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
prabhakar09 wrote:

Hi prabhakar09,

Dont worry too much about this. The INSEAD AOs insist that applicants have equal chances of getting admitted in each round. Even though the # of Indians is already 52, not all of them would enroll. I would say, put all your efforts into putting a stellar application for R3. Then cross your fingers and sit tight. Let things flow and unfold naturally. :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
iccotdis wrote:
prabhakar09 wrote:

Hi prabhakar09,

Dont worry too much about this. The INSEAD AOs insist that applicants have equal chances of getting admitted in each round. Even though the # of Indians is already 52, not all of them would enroll. I would say, put all your efforts into putting a stellar application for R3. Then cross your fingers and sit tight. Let things flow and unfold naturally. :-D

Thanks a lot for the words of encouragement,

and it's a good attitude to have... " Let the chips fall where they may"
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  49   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts