Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:18 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 345 [0]
Given Kudos: 125
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V44
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.9
WE:Business Development (Real Estate)
Send PM
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
PeterHAllen wrote:
Anyone receive an "update" email from Georgetown lately?

Yes, I received a similarly strange email titled "Georgetown Important MBA Update" explaining the process of admission/application review. I have already interviewed, so it wasn't particularly relevant, but they did include the rather obvious tip to reach out and update the adcom should you decide to take the GMAT, get a promotion, etc.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 345 [0]
Given Kudos: 125
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V44
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3
Send PM
TheSaxman wrote:
PeterHAllen wrote:
Anyone receive an "update" email from Georgetown lately?

Yes, I received a similarly strange email titled "Georgetown Important MBA Update" explaining the process of admission/application review. I have already interviewed, so it wasn't particularly relevant, but they did include the rather obvious tip to reach out and update the adcom should you decide to take the GMAT, get a promotion, etc.

Glad you guys got the same one. For a second - the worry set in and made me think that I SHOULD be doing more to convince them of my candidacy.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
Send PM
Got one too! They are probably sending them to the pending application owners. I guess!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Eagerly waiting for 20th December.... I did my skype interview on 20th November and the interviewer mentioned that the results will be out by 20th December....
Is Georgetown generous in terms of scholarships for international students??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [3]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.24
Send PM
Kudos
ankushtulipz wrote:
Eagerly waiting for 20th December.... I did my skype interview on 20th November and the interviewer mentioned that the results will be out by 20th December....
Is Georgetown generous in terms of scholarships for international students??

Can't speak directly to your question but wanted to note something mentioned in last weeks townhall meeting (run by administration). Administration understands that additional scholarship funding is needed to compete with peer schools and continue the upward momentum of the program. As a result, they've announced a new campaign to respond - which has already seen multi-million+ commitment. MSB has certainly taken steps to increase the overall endowment over the past few years, but it's great to now see the added focus on student financial need.

Unfortunately this has no impact on me but good luck to the rest of you in grabbing some of the $$.

Originally posted by patsy754 on 27 Nov 2014, 10:53.
Last edited by patsy754 on 27 Nov 2014, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
Nice to know...Thanks for the update!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey,

If anyone can analyse my profile, would be great.

Nationality: Indian
Sex: Female
Education: B.Sc; Chemistry: M.Sc;Biochemistry
W.E: 4.5 years; working for an Indian Pharmaceutical company in research and development as a Senior scientist.
Contribution to organization: Organization working for is involveD in development of affordable drugs for Diabetes and Cancer; I have developed an innovation that could reduce the cost at R&D, thereby reducing the cost of the drug making it affordable to economically the backward strata.
Why MBA: Want to move to Business development in the same sector; I want to specialize in mergers and acquisition, aiding affordable drugs
Round of Application: 2
GMAT Score: 630
GPA: 3.8
Academics: University rank 1 at undergraduate and graduate level
Extracurricular Activities: Animal rights activist (working of ban of using canines in testing for agro-chemicals during trials); Classical Dancer for more than 15 years; Amateur cyclist (avid mountain bike lover;part of various biking cubs in Bangalore).

Thanks a lot,

Ashwini J
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi ashwinijnaidu,

I am no expert but as someone who has gone through the process, IMO :

Nationality: Indian -
Sex: Female
AG - Being an Indian Female, you are definitely not among the over-represented pool. That shud help a little.

Education: B.Sc; Chemistry: M.Sc;Biochemistry
W.E: 4.5 years; working for an Indian Pharmaceutical company in research and development as a Senior scientist.

AG - You have a very unique profile. The education as well as the W.E. Also yo have about 4.5 yrs which is precisely the right quantitatively Make sure you highlight how this experience along with the MBA degree will help you achieve your goals. Also, think about 2/3 unique experiences at work.

Contribution to organization: Organization working for is involveD in development of affordable drugs for Diabetes and Cancer; I have developed an innovation that could reduce the cost at R&D, thereby reducing the cost of the drug making it affordable to economically the backward strata.

AG- Excellent. You can use this in the accomplishment essay.

Why MBA: Want to move to Business development in the same sector; I want to specialize in mergers and acquisition, aiding affordable drugs

AG- Why M&A? You need to do more research here.

Round of Application: 2
GMAT Score: 630
GPA: 3.8

GPA is strong but GMAT is slightly lower for top 20 US bschools. But the WE and education are unique so can be compensated with strong Essays.

Academics: University rank 1 at undergraduate and graduate level
Extracurricular Activities: Animal rights activist (working of ban of using canines in testing for agro-chemicals during trials); Classical Dancer for more than 15 years; Amateur cyclist (avid mountain bike lover;part of various biking cubs in Bangalore).

AG- Nothing spectacular here. But yes can be used in the optional essay.

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Thanks a lot ankushtulipz
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
I am planning to apply for R2. As an Indian male applicant who has studied in India , is it mandatory for me to submit TOEFL score? Do I need to request for TOEFL Waiver or is it a given? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
injotb wrote:
I am planning to apply for R2. As an Indian male applicant who has studied in India , is it mandatory for me to submit TOEFL score? Do I need to request for TOEFL Waiver or is it a given? Thanks.

Hey

You will need to get a letter from the university/college stating the medium of instruction for your course was English.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
injotb wrote:

Hey

You will need to get a letter from the university/college stating the medium of instruction for your course was English.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
akarshank wrote:
injotb wrote:

Hey

If my UG engineering education was in English and I share my transcripts (which are in English), would that be enough to get a waiver?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
injotb wrote:
akarshank wrote:
injotb wrote:

Hey

If my UG engineering education was in English and I share my transcripts (which are in English), would that be enough to get a waiver?

If the transcript clearly states that the medium of instruction for your course was English, then it would enough. Otherwise, you'll need to get the letter or submit a TOEFL score.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
neosumit wrote:
hooverd wrote:
PwC, KPMG, Deloitte, EY, Bain, BCG, IBM, Citi, American Express & Amazon all hire internationals, although not all of their verticals hire international students (e.g. Deloitte Federal).

Companies that do not hire internationals for US positions are Capgemini, Cognizant, Navy Federal (I think), CSC, and Accenture. Hope that answers your question.

Thanks for the information. That is an impressive set of firms from the perspective of International candidates.
I tried to get this information from the official email contact but got a general response that mostly all firms recruit Internationals.

I assume all of these firms either come to campus or post job positions via the Career Management Center.

FYI, been on campus just a few months and I believe at this point most (if not all) of the companies mentioned above have been on campus at least 1x. Not positive on Accenture and I can't recall if Amazon made an appearance - they did hire 3 or 4 from last years class (including international) so I expect to see them a few times. Likewise, almost all will have a posting with the Career Center (including MBB).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
Welcome all McDonough(Georgetown) class of 2017 applicants!! :) :) Let's start the discussion.

Hi Narenn,

Just out of curiosity, how often are school statistics/rankings updated? It looks like many of the listed numbers are outdated - perhaps that's just a timing issue across the board with all schools on this site. Is it possible to have them updated? I just like to see that data is accurately reflected when prospective applicants are on the page (obviously understand you're likely swamped considering all the threads you maintain). Just something to consider..thought I'd throw it out there.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Did anyone get an interview invite in the last one week ?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  37   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts