Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling Columbia applicants for 2008 [#permalink]
ryguy904 wrote:
Dinged from the WL this afternoon.

Sorry to hear that ryguy.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Sorry ry.

Columbia has been a very tough school to break this season...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
augh....waitlisted with interview
Current Student
Send PM
Navy, sorry to hear about the WL. You applied to Stern, right? How is that app going?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
I just interviewed with NYU on May 30th and should hear back in 3-4 weeks. My guess though is that like many schools, they have little space left for R3 candidates so WL at best at this point.

I already wrote and have automatically timed my feedback request to Columbia for June 9. DJ last year, did you apply late also? I've heard a WL this late in the game for Columbia is like an admit if I applied ED or on Jan 9 RD.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
navy,
How do you ask for feedback from Columbia? Is there a form or do you need to mail somebody?
Thx
Current Student
Send PM
navy01 wrote:
I just interviewed with NYU on May 30th and should hear back in 3-4 weeks. My guess though is that like many schools, they have little space left for R3 candidates so WL at best at this point.

I already wrote and have automatically timed my feedback request to Columbia for June 9. DJ last year, did you apply late also? I've heard a WL this late in the game for Columbia is like an admit if I applied ED or on Jan 9 RD.

I would agree with you that if you had applied ED or early RD, your chances sound better. CBS Adcoms obviously like you, otherwise they would not waste your time this late in the game if it was not imperative to do so. They have an extensive WL already, not to mention they have dinged a lot of people who were on the WL. Last year, I applied at the end of ED, so our situations were different.

Will you reapply early in ED if you do not get accepted to Stern?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Yup, if I get dinged from Stern I will apply to Columbia and NYU again and throw in my application in at Wharton and Harvard too. From what I've been told, an interview/WL this late in the game usually translates to a really good shot Round 1/ED (or at least that's what I'm telling myself).

As for feedback, you need to email 'feedback@gsb.columbia.edu' between June 9 - 13 if you plan on reapplying in 2009. They may give you feedback in the form of a personalized letter or telephone call but they also reserve the right not to give feedback at all. They say you should get feedback within 2 weeks of your request (if you do).
Current Student
Send PM
navy01 wrote:
Yup, if I get dinged from Stern I will apply to Columbia and NYU again and throw in my application in at Wharton and Harvard too. From what I've been told, an interview/WL this late in the game usually translates to a really good shot Round 1/ED (or at least that's what I'm telling myself).

As for feedback, you need to email 'feedback@gsb.columbia.edu' between June 9 - 13 if you plan on reapplying in 2009. They may give you feedback in the form of a personalized letter or telephone call but they also reserve the right not to give feedback at all. They say you should get feedback within 2 weeks of your request (if you do).

It is good to hear that you are already planning for the next app season, regardless of the Stern decision (which will hopefully be a good one). That's what these schools expect, especially the ones that you are reapplying to. The feedback may or may not help you, but either way that kind of contact with the school is very important. Keep up the interaction with them, Columbia really takes note of that!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
thanks dj, I may seek your advice as a reapplicant next year! I'll let you know what Columbia says if I get feedback.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management
Schools:St. Gallen '09
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Ding today after about 1 month on the waitlist.

I believe I had the best application that I could put forward, but my interview was so so. I read my letters of recommendation, and they were good, but not as specific enough about certain things as they should have been. But besides these factors, I think if I had applied way earlier than Feb 21, I would have been admitted.

Anyways, no big deal for me. I have had an admit to St. Gallen in Switzerland since the end of February (literally a week after I submitted my CBS app), so my mind and plans had already been set on going there. Even if CBS were to have offerred me admission, I think I would have turned it down.

Congrats to all with admits and good luck to those still on the waitlist!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Thanks navy , I almost forgot about this feedback option. Most certainly plan to use it :)

navy01 wrote:

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Did anyone receive feedback? My WL manager said I would get telephone feedback once I was officially dinged so I'm still hanging around waiting.

You know chances are slim when you get a Columbia email telling you a new account has been created for the 2009 application cycle. Augh.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42