Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:20 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling Columbia applicants for 2008 [#permalink]
Columbia08,
As Sudden said, do not worry about your resume format (it could not have been that bad if you got an interivew), you need to work on your approach for this interview. If you would like my help, please PM me, and we'll make it happen.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
navy01 wrote:
sudden and columbia, how long was your application complete before you got an interview invite?

columbia, good luck with the interview!!!

i submitted on 1/9, went complete on 1/30 and received my invite on 4/1.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks sudden, navy and djhouse.

Sudden and djhouse, thanks a million for your offers I will definitely contact you guys for more help this evening after work when I can focus more clearly on the interview.

Navy, here's my timeline. Submitted 1/9, under review 2/5, interview invite 4/9.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Columbia08 wrote:
Thanks sudden, navy and djhouse.

Sudden and djhouse, thanks a million for your offers I will definitely contact you guys for more help this evening after work when I can focus more clearly on the interview.

Navy, here's my timeline. Submitted 1/9, under review 2/5, interview invite 4/9.

sounds good. i am leaving for vacation tomorrow, so i will try to check in tonight if i have time.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
it's been a week since the interview and no word yet. any thoughts on how long this might take? does anyone know what the drop dead date is?
Current Student
Send PM
sudden wrote:
it's been a week since the interview and no word yet. any thoughts on how long this might take? does anyone know what the drop dead date is?

Has the interviewer submitted their feedback yet?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
yes, they submitted the feedback and my status was updated the same day. the website says that my interview feedback has been received.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Sudden, I bet you get a decision by the end of the week. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I'm over here rooting for you as well. Good luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
businessdoc, did you go to the admit weekend? I thought I read somewhere that they just had one this past weekend. If so, how was it?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I had gone to the first one, but not this last one. I really enjoyed the experience. I could give a more detailed overview of my experience if you wanted a bit later on when I take a break.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
yeah, I'm really interested in your experience and feelings about your classmates. Also would help me better understand the interests and various opportunities afford to MBA '10 for (hopefully) an interview. Thanks!
Current Student
Send PM
navy01 wrote:
yeah, I'm really interested in your experience and feelings about your classmates. Also would help me better understand the interests and various opportunities afford to MBA '10 for (hopefully) an interview. Thanks!

Navy,
Not sure if you read my debrief of the first Open House, but it is on page 36 of this thread. I also spoke to a classmate-to-be who went to the Open House II last weekend, and he said it was great. Not as many accepted students were there as the first one, and it was mostly RD admits. He said most of them were choosing between Columbia and Wharton, and he did his best to convince them to go to Columbia of course. He also said that it was great listening to Sallie Krawcheck, the CEO and Chairman of CITI's Global Wealth Management Division, and CBS alum (I guess Vikram Pandit, another CBS alum, was a little too busy!!!) :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey sudden, hold strong. Am sure with all the planning for and actual execution of this past admit weekend they probably did not meet any for application review. I would therefore guessthat they are just getting back to work so don't worry too much. Good luck, I think you have a decent chance!!!

sudden wrote:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Columbia08 wrote:
Hey sudden, hold strong. Am sure with all the planning for and actual execution of this past admit weekend they probably did not meet any for application review. I would therefore guessthat they are just getting back to work so don't worry too much. Good luck, I think you have a decent chance!!!

sudden wrote:

thanks for the kind words, columbia! still nothing yet, but i am occupied with other things right now -- i'm in asia on vacation and it is absolutely amazing. i love china! i have been running around like crazy trying to see as much as possible and have not been able to check in, so i wanted to say that i was not able to respond in a timely manner to your inquiry (PM), but that i hope your interview went well if you have had it already -- if not, good luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
sudden, Columbia's Regular Decision deadline was April 16th so perhaps they are quickly scanning the last minute submitters too. Have a good time in China and hopefully you'll have your decision soon!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
dinged. it's hard to believe that i went 4/5 receiving interviews and then 0/4 on admits. congrats to those who made it.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42