Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:30 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [5]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [5]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [5]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GPA: 3.8
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [4]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
In case you all are wondering, the admissions office just posted a blog update about how round 1 will move forward.

Highlights:
Interview Invitations will be released at 9:00 AM CST on October 31st and applicants will see "Invited to Interview" or "Denied" on the online application system.
Interviews will take place Nov 5 - Nov 30 Monday through Friday on campus. Saturday, November 17th will also be an on campus interview date.
Select dates are available at the Booth campus in Beijing and London.
Off-Campus Alumni interviews can be arranged.

Check out the Booth Insider Blog for more details!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [4]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
ankitgupta88 wrote:
integraldx wrote:
ss87 wrote:
Makes sense to have standardized forms as all interviewers are not posing the same questions. Does anyone have details on the standardized forms? Is it like the form recommender's fill out? Also how much weightage is given to interviews?

No school is going to make public its interviewer form nor how much weight the interview carries. Just know that the interview is ONE data point in your total application. It won't be what gets you in and it rarely is the sole factor that will keep you out (unless you say or do something completely inappropriate). I have classmates that would rate their interview as mediocre and they were still admitted. I know people who felt they knocked the interview out of the park who were either denied or waitlisted. Simply do the best you can and let the chips fall where they may. Good luck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [4]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
Kudos
Oh my gosh! I am in! So happy!! Scholarship beyond anything I could have hoped for! Feel so lucky and blessed!! Congrats to everyone, and for those of you still waiting - keep your head up. I got my call at 1PM and I'm in the midwest.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [4]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.74
WE:Asset Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
IF YOU WERE DINGED:

Keep your head up. You can see by my profile that I have gone through several dings. I got the admittance call yesterday at 2:34CST and one of the things that my caller indicated was how impressed they were with the changes I made with the 9 months I had between applications. Do not rely on the same things. Be true to yourself on where you may have fallen short and take major strides to fill the gap. I can sympathize with the disappointment some of you feel, but can testify that continuing to press will pay off. And this is a GREAT feeling.

Looking forward to joining you other Booth 15' acceptances in the upcoming events next year before class!

Lastly, I heard that scholarship $ may or may not be discussed on the call yesterday. It wasn't discussed, so I don't know if that means I didn't receive any, or if it might come in the packet. Still waiting to get info on the admitted students site, and assuming that we don't have to accept admission until February.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [4]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
I am stunned by Nyama's post. I respect for your accomplishments and wish you the BEST in your goals. You are an achiever. But how can you put down someone at the school you are applying to? I have meet people a LOT younger than me who are so accomplished and can yet remain humble.
Booth students are definitely very capable yet humble. I have personally interacted with about 10 of them and NONE of them have a chip on their shoulder and are very courteous. When I started my app process, I started talking to the students, I also met with the faculty and the admissions staff when I visited the school. This is ONE AMAZING school that really cares about people and knows to respect prospective students whether they get in or not. After the wonderful experience I had on campus, Booth is the place I want to go to.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [4]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
Kudos
Not that we should be looking at rankings closely, but US News just released their FT MBA rankings this week. Booth dropped from 4 to 6. I guess US News heard I was matriculating at Booth.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [4]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
flyingtoalaska wrote:
aerien wrote:
flyingtoalaska wrote:
Anyone know why Booth is the only school that has profiles of all/almost all of its international students on its webpage?

Coincidence? Or maybe they want to attract more international applicants?

I guessed so too. But, is there a reason they have to put in extra effort to attract international applicants? I think I read somewhere that Booth does not get as many quality applicants as the other M7 schools do (partly because of it being in the midwest?) Any ideas if this is true?

The student profiles you see on the international students page are not even close to being all of the international students at Booth. Each class has 575 students and Booth is over 33% international. The students that you see featured aren't there to be shown off for the sake of being tokens. They are profiled to be a resource to international perspective students as they research the school. That is why at the end of each profile it says, "Ask me about..." These students have VOLUNTEERED to be profiled because they care about the school and want to continue to attract talented international applicants to the school. I can't tell you how many questions I get from perspective students from all over the world about how to get into Booth as a Russian/Indian/Chinese/you name it applicant. As an American I'm often not the best person to answer these questions. Booth recognized that applicants want to hear from people with similar backgrounds and so they made those people more accessible.

Booth is a school that attracts a great deal of international applicants. Of course, the more top notch international talent that applies to Booth the better, but the extra effort isn't being put forth to overcome a deficiency. Booth is a program that wants applicants to get to know the school, its culture and students as much as possible. As an applicant I found Booth to be extremely open in terms of giving as much information as possible. It's just how Booth does things.

And the idea that Booth doesn't get as many quality applicants as other M7 schools is laughable. I go to school with some of the most impressive people I have ever met. The one thing I will say is that at Booth people do not tend to wear their accomplishments on their sleeves. I'm still finding out about things my classmates have done that I never knew about them since meeting in September. People at Booth tend to show rather than tell.

Hope this answers your questions.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [4]
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Kudos
atthegate wrote:
Got the call about 15 minutes ago! IN! (US applicant)
Good luck to everyone else today!
(I blanked for most of the call but I think he said that status will be updated tomorrow)

My caller introduced herself and asked me how I was feeling.

I answered " I think great, but it depends on why you are calling me. I demand an explanation"

She laughed, it was obvious that I knew why they were calling.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [4]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.4
WE:Research (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Kudos
Accepted to Booth!

I left my phone on my desk when I went to host a networking lunch for my org. Got the 733 call at 12:00PM EST (I'm in Boston). Again, remember what cheetarah and the others have said time and again: "IT AIN'T OVER TIL THE FAT LADY SINGS".

Keeping my fingers crossed for you all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [4]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
GOT THE CALL - almost missed it too. Based in Silicon Valley - call at 12:20pm PST.

Didn't hear about aid, but still pleased to get a spot.

OH MAN NO MORE WAITING. Got an interesting decision ahead. But feel so so lucky to be able to choose.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [4]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Kudos
in. unbelievable. with money
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [4]
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Kudos
5:02 pm central time, phone rings. They sure know how to keep a girl waiting!!

I'm a Chicago applicant. Whoever I spoke to (forgot her name already) apologized for the late call, joked about how they've been a bit busy today. So unless I was the last call, don't lose hope- as of 6 minutes ago they were still handing out good news!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [4]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
Guess who's going to Chicago? ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turns out that Eddie Pulliam did mail me about my acceptance!!!! Miracles do happen!!!!!

God has been so kind to me :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [4]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
WE:Accounting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
congrats to everyone admitted; i received a ding, but am grateful to have gotten as far as I did. four years ago, i would have never imagined i would be in a position to get the GMAT score i did and receive an interview invite at UChicago. i feel i did my best and fired on all cylinders. i did receive a full scholarship at Indiana and will be matriculating there.

again, congrats to everyone accepted, and i do hope you take your offers; enjoy your experience at UChicago! do not forget to spend some study time at the Mansueto Library:

https://mansueto.lib.uchicago.edu/

very cool, as is the rest of the campus, salud ladies and gents!

mike
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [4]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Kudos
i'M in! With Money! New York City.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [3]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Kudos
ankitgupta88 wrote:
Hi All, has anyone interviewed already? If yes, could you guys share your experience. Appreciate it. Thanks.

Hi,

Interviewed a few days ago with an alum internationally. Typical questions (why booth, why now, walk me through your resume, etc.) with some add-ons about your leadership style - How would you describe it? Examples? What are your biggest challenges at work?

Mine was a very natural conversation and we ended up chatting about non-business related things for a good 10 to 20 minutes.

Hope that helps someone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [3]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
Kudos
Got the call this morning, with scholarship! (Based out of Socal) SUCH a relief after back to back post-interview dings from Stanford and Kellogg. I had pretty much resigned myself to waiting a couple of years and trying again.

Good luck to everyone else waiting!!!

For those of you asking about online status, the person who called me said that it won't change until 9am tomorrow morning.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  84   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts