Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 21:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 70
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools: CBS '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V46
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [1] , given: 4

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 07:33
1
This post received
KUDOS
antiport wrote:
MrAlpaca wrote:

it took two weeks for me to hear. i was interviewed on sept 11, feedback end of day sept 12 and accepted sept 25. two weeks is normal


Yeah, it does seem like there has been shorter turnaround times during october though. I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best.


im just trying to keep you positive. up until my call, i was the longest delay i saw in the forums... the average was around 7-8 days and it took me 14...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2013
Posts: 20
Schools: CBS '16 (I)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 07:37
MrAlpaca wrote:

im just trying to keep you positive. up until my call, i was the longest delay i saw in the forums... the average was around 7-8 days and it took me 14...


Thanks man. Appreciate any boost I can get. I'm at the same point in my timeline that you were when you heard (granted they were closed yesterday), so I'm hopeful.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 70
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools: CBS '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V46
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 4

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 07:45
antiport wrote:
MrAlpaca wrote:

im just trying to keep you positive. up until my call, i was the longest delay i saw in the forums... the average was around 7-8 days and it took me 14...


Thanks man. Appreciate any boost I can get. I'm at the same point in my timeline that you were when you heard (granted they were closed yesterday), so I'm hopeful.


just keep your chin up... its not over until its over. the night before i heard i started spiraling down. i had expected to hear on the 24th and when someone who had interviewed a week after me heard that day, i freaked. so just remember that you havent been ding/waitlisted/accepted yet. everyone has their own timeline and it is not necessarily reflective of what kind of candidate you are or what your final outcome will be.

hoping for the best and that we will be classmates next year!

good luck and watch your phone for an unknown number.
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 20 May 2013
Posts: 551
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 221 [0], given: 54

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 11:44
Expert's post
Are most calls towards the end of the day, or do they do it throughout?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2013
Posts: 20
Schools: CBS '16 (I)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 11:46
mgh234 wrote:
Are most calls towards the end of the day, or do they do it throughout?


From my OCD analysis, seems like a great deal occur between 10-12 and 5-6

Posted from my mobile device Image
Expert Post
4 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 20 May 2013
Posts: 551
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 221 [4] , given: 54

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 16:19
4
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
antiport wrote:
mgh234 wrote:
Are most calls towards the end of the day, or do they do it throughout?


From my OCD analysis, seems like a great deal occur between 10-12 and 5-6

Posted from my mobile device Image


Got a call from an unknown number at 5:15 today...was a telemarketer. That was fun haha. :roll:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2013
Posts: 20
Schools: CBS '16 (I)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 2

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 17:26
1
This post received
KUDOS
Got my ding at 8 pm tonight.

GMAT: 720
GPA: 3.0 in Chemistry
WE: 3 years in financial consulting at a Big 4, was trying to transition into pharmaceuticals

Applied: 9/17
Interview invite: 10/15
Interview and feedback: 10/24
Ding: 11/6

My stats WE and GPA are far below Columbia's standards so it's understandable, but kind of frustrating that they would take the time to interview me and then reject me after what I thought was a very good interview. Oh well, good luck to everyone else, I'll be back next year.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Dec 2010
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 17:44
antiport wrote:
Got my ding at 8 pm tonight.

GMAT: 720
GPA: 3.0 in Chemistry
WE: 3 years in financial consulting at a Big 4, was trying to transition into pharmaceuticals

Applied: 9/17
Interview invite: 10/15
Interview and feedback: 10/24
Ding: 11/6

My stats WE and GPA are far below Columbia's standards so it's understandable, but kind of frustrating that they would take the time to interview me and then reject me after what I thought was a very good interview. Oh well, good luck to everyone else, I'll be back next year.



Sorry to hear that man...I also don't understand why they ding people with good interview...maybe the big 4 pool is close to full now. Anyway, wish you good luck next year!

Posted from my mobile device Image
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 11
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 2

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 17:57
1
This post received
KUDOS
antiport, sorry to hear about your ding. You're still in good shape. What you consider one of your core weaknesses - WE - is actually one of your greatest strengths, especially if you're targeting any school other than H/S. What I mean is you've got plenty of future time/WE to demonstrate professional improvement, address grades through extension classes, possibly re-take the GMAT and to make a great app next time. Cross-reference what I'm saying 'cause I'm sure as heck no expert, but at least this is what I've heard from plenty of folks who've overcome far greater obstacles than yours. Take solace my fellow suffering MBA aspirant.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 42
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 730 Q0 V
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 20:39
antiport wrote:
Got my ding at 8 pm tonight.

GMAT: 720
GPA: 3.0 in Chemistry
WE: 3 years in financial consulting at a Big 4, was trying to transition into pharmaceuticals

Applied: 9/17
Interview invite: 10/15
Interview and feedback: 10/24
Ding: 11/6

My stats WE and GPA are far below Columbia's standards so it's understandable, but kind of frustrating that they would take the time to interview me and then reject me after what I thought was a very good interview. Oh well, good luck to everyone else, I'll be back next year.


did you get the vibe from the interviewer that he/she thought it went well? Just curious if there were any signal words/comments at the end..
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2013
Posts: 20
Schools: CBS '16 (I)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 21:35
bigmonkey31 wrote:
antiport wrote:
Got my ding at 8 pm tonight.

GMAT: 720
GPA: 3.0 in Chemistry
WE: 3 years in financial consulting at a Big 4, was trying to transition into pharmaceuticals

Applied: 9/17
Interview invite: 10/15
Interview and feedback: 10/24
Ding: 11/6

My stats WE and GPA are far below Columbia's standards so it's understandable, but kind of frustrating that they would take the time to interview me and then reject me after what I thought was a very good interview. Oh well, good luck to everyone else, I'll be back next year.


did you get the vibe from the interviewer that he/she thought it went well? Just curious if there were any signal words/comments at the end..


I'm not saying I killed it or anything, but I thought it went well. Quick feedback was sent, she was very enthusiastic to tell me about their pharma/healthcare program, all questions I had prepped for, got to rattle off everything I wanted to say.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 41
Location: United Arab Emirates
GPA: 3.83
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 11

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 22:50
well lets see if tonight i will get an update on my ED, im still waiting to see whether i have an interview invite. Are many from those who applied on 10/2 still waiting fir the first update???
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Jun 2013
Posts: 13
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2013, 06:26
gn1 wrote:
well lets see if tonight i will get an update on my ED, im still waiting to see whether i have an interview invite. Are many from those who applied on 10/2 still waiting fir the first update???


i am still with you!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Nov 2013
Posts: 2
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2013, 08:16
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hi all,

I just got my acceptance call from Columbia!! Just want everyone to know that it took 10 days for me to get the call so there really is no rule on when acceptances come in!

GMAT: 710
GPA: 3.5
WE: 3 years in telco, transitioning to real estate

Applied: 9/28
Interview invite: 10/14
Interview: 10/25
Interview feedback: 10/28
Accepted: 11/7

Good luck everyone!! Don't lose hope! :)
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 20 May 2013
Posts: 551
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 221 [0], given: 54

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2013, 08:29
Expert's post
bellph wrote:
Hi all,

I just got my acceptance call from Columbia!! Just want everyone to know that it took 10 days for me to get the call so there really is no rule on when acceptances come in!

GMAT: 710
GPA: 3.5
WE: 3 years in telco, transitioning to real estate

Applied: 9/28
Interview invite: 10/14
Interview: 10/25
Interview feedback: 10/28
Accepted: 11/7

Good luck everyone!! Don't lose hope! :)



Congrats! This is good to hear, someone who had applied on Friday, had gotten an answer on Monday, so I was starting to get worried.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Sep 2013
Posts: 3
Schools: CBS '16 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 3

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2013, 08:39
1
This post received
KUDOS
muemmello wrote:
Dear GMAT-Clubbers,
I just received my invitation to the interview a few minutes ago.

Profile for those interested:
Applyed 10/2 around 10pm.
European applicant
Background in business (MSc in international business, fair GPA)
700 GMAT
Work as a consultant for McK

Will start to prepare for the interview right away with the helpful information posted throughout the thread. Any further advice from freshly interviewed applicants?

Kind regards


I just got the call that I'm in! Interview went well, great news on a Thursday! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.4
WE: Research (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2013, 08:45
muemmello wrote:
muemmello wrote:
Dear GMAT-Clubbers,
I just received my invitation to the interview a few minutes ago.

Profile for those interested:
Applyed 10/2 around 10pm.
European applicant
Background in business (MSc in international business, fair GPA)
700 GMAT
Work as a consultant for McK

Will start to prepare for the interview right away with the helpful information posted throughout the thread. Any further advice from freshly interviewed applicants?

Kind regards


I just got the call that I'm in! Interview went well, great news on a Thursday! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.


congrats! curious when you interviewed?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Aug 2013
Posts: 25
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2013, 10:27
antiport wrote:

GMAT: 720
GPA: 3.0 in Chemistry
WE: 3 years in financial consulting at a Big 4, was trying to transition into pharmaceuticals

My stats WE and GPA are far below Columbia's standards so it's understandable, but kind of frustrating that they would take the time to interview me and then reject me after what I thought was a very good interview. Oh well, good luck to everyone else, I'll be back next year.


Hi antiport, my GPA is much, much, much lower than yours. I do have 6yrs experience at matriculating. I'd say definitely try again next year and really look deep into your application and see where you can improve.

-AS
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 91
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 4

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2013, 12:50
I completed my interview yesterday. Do we get a status update when the interviewer has submitted his/her report? Thanks for your help here.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Nov 2013
Posts: 29
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 17

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2013, 12:52
kookie wrote:
I completed my interview yesterday. Do we get a status update when the interviewer has submitted his/her report? Thanks for your help here.


Yes. You'll get an email notification once the interviewer submits the feedback. You'll also be able to see the update in your application system. Good luck!
Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016   [#permalink] 07 Nov 2013, 12:52
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Columbia class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Students CelerIP 15 26 Dec 2013, 08:21
8 Experts publish their posts in the topic Columbia: J-Term Calling all applicants: Class of 2016! souvik101990 118 21 Apr 2013, 03:25
456 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 ricecake 1690 21 Apr 2013, 03:12
411 Experts publish their posts in the topic Harvard (HBS) Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 tdawg 1093 21 Apr 2013, 03:11
658 Experts publish their posts in the topic Stanford GSB Calling all applicants for Class of 2016! azowu 1255 21 Apr 2013, 00:25
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  60    Next  [ 1181 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.