Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:56 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Send PM
Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
AresZhu wrote:

Is it one of the optional requirement? I haven't seen it. Can you copy the link?

Yes, completely optional - it's for the fee reduction.

" Alumni or Current Student Recommendation: You may also qualify for a reduced application fee by obtaining a Fuqua alumni or current student recommendation. Within the Application Fee Reduction section of your online application, please include the name, program (Daytime, Master of Management Studies: Foundations of Business, Cross Continent, Weekend Executive, or Global Executive), year of graduation (if known), and the email address of the person who submitted your recommendation. NOTE: The alumni and student recommendations are in addition to the two recommendations required as part of your application package."

https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/daytime-mba/admissions/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
hailmary wrote:
AresZhu wrote:
hailmary wrote:
Does anyone know if alumni or current student recommend-er has to fill out the same form as others or if they can just write a paragraph and send it over? Thanks.

U talking about a reference letter? or recommendation letter. I believe all the recommendation letter has to go through application system. But reference letter can be just a paragraph and send through email I think.

well online it says that you can submit a recommendation letter from alumni/current student. Not sure if that's reference letter. I just don't want my current student to fill out the whole rec letter, since most of the stuff is N/A.

I got an alumni recommendation and they did it through the a separate recommendation link for alumni. I am assuming there it a separate system for current students as well. Emailing it to the admissions mailbox might not be the best idea and I don't think you need them to submit the entire reco in the online app.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Application for the Early Action Submitted! onto the interview prep... How are you guys preparing for the interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
hailmary wrote:
AresZhu wrote:

Is it one of the optional requirement? I haven't seen it. Can you copy the link?

Yes, completely optional - it's for the fee reduction.

" Alumni or Current Student Recommendation: You may also qualify for a reduced application fee by obtaining a Fuqua alumni or current student recommendation. Within the Application Fee Reduction section of your online application, please include the name, program (Daytime, Master of Management Studies: Foundations of Business, Cross Continent, Weekend Executive, or Global Executive), year of graduation (if known), and the email address of the person who submitted your recommendation. NOTE: The alumni and student recommendations are in addition to the two recommendations required as part of your application package."

https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/daytime-mba/admissions/

got u. I just saw that since I just submitted my application. Did you go to on campus interview last year? If you did, you can get that deduction already.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.59
WE:Accounting (Law)
Send PM
Remember everyone, I know I almost forgot this, if you plan on uploading a microsoft word document, I would MAKE SURE that it is a clean copy (ie. No review marks). I had my friends and family edit my essays and I almost forgot that their markups were accessible in the final versions of the documents so I pasted my essays in new documents just so the document was clean.

11:59 PM EST (REMEMBER EST) tonight for early admissions! Good luck to everyone :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [4]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
First just want to say good luck on the application. Just submitted my EA application!

amby003 wrote:
mindstatements wrote:
Just want to say thanks to @threestripes for meeting with me and telling me more about his Fuqua experience!

I think meeting with a student is incredibly helpful and provides more insight into what a school is really like.

Do you mind sharing details of your fuqua experience..???

Sure. So I visited Fuqua a week ago. First thing I did was meet with ThreeStripes he told me a lot about the school and what it takes to survive at Fuqua. I would truly suggest meeting with and even cold calling various students because I think they can tell you more about the school than any brochure could ever do. We ate at the cafeteria which was filled with other Fuqua students.

I then took the tour of the school which is given by a first year student. It is an interesting tour and you can learn a lot more about the history of the school. You are given lunch (free!) and more time to talk to other applicants and students. I learned about what people at the school are pursuing and what other applicants are thinking. Pretty interesting situation.

Following the tour I went for a class visit which was fun because the professor was really interesting. I am certain this experience will vary by professor/class.

After the class I had a office hours with admissions. Which is great because you get to ask a lot of questions you may have about the application process. I had a question regarding recommendation questions which were specific to me and the applications director was happy to help.

The next day was my interview which was pretty casual. Standard stuff:
- Take me through your resume
- Leadership
- What is a leader?
- Why should we accept you?
- Leadership experience?
- Why Fuqua?
- Strengths and Weaknesses

I hope my quick write up helps. Any questions please feel free to ask!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mindstatements wrote:
First just want to say good luck on the application. Just submitted my EA application!

amby003 wrote:
mindstatements wrote:
Just want to say thanks to @threestripes for meeting with me and telling me more about his Fuqua experience!

I think meeting with a student is incredibly helpful and provides more insight into what a school is really like.

Do you mind sharing details of your fuqua experience..???

Sure. So I visited Fuqua a week ago. First thing I did was meet with ThreeStripes he told me a lot about the school and what it takes to survive at Fuqua. I would truly suggest meeting with and even cold calling various students because I think they can tell you more about the school than any brochure could ever do. We ate at the cafeteria which was filled with other Fuqua students.

I then took the tour of the school which is given by a first year student. It is an interesting tour and you can learn a lot more about the history of the school. You are given lunch (free!) and more time to talk to other applicants and students. I learned about what people at the school are pursuing and what other applicants are thinking. Pretty interesting situation.

Following the tour I went for a class visit which was fun because the professor was really interesting. I am certain this experience will vary by professor/class.

After the class I had a office hours with admissions. Which is great because you get to ask a lot of questions you may have about the application process. I had a question regarding recommendation questions which were specific to me and the applications director was happy to help.

The next day was my interview which was pretty casual. Standard stuff:
- Take me through your resume
- Leadership
- What is a leader?
- Why should we accept you?
- Leadership experience?
- Why Fuqua?
- Strengths and Weaknesses

I hope my quick write up helps. Any questions please feel free to ask!

Thanks for sharing, mindstatements. Sounds like you had a great on campus experience.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.7
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
Ok Submitted my application. Everything's on my essay, nothing much to show ...

Hoping for an interview call at least ..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools: Duke '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.43
Send PM
Application has been submitted....keeping my fingers crossed..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
griffy618 wrote:
Application has been submitted....keeping my fingers crossed..

is midnight the deadline for EA? or did it expire already
Intern
Intern
Schools: Duke '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.43
Send PM
I believe it is 11:59 PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.09
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
good luck for every one in EA, and keep finger crossed for the interview invitation~
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.25
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
WOW! wat a feeling.. submitted my first application !! All the best to everyone!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [3]
Send PM
Kudos