Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 22:08 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: GMAC Cancels GMAT Scores [Mass cancellation in India] [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi jaysiddharth,

I saw that you posted this message in another Forum, so I've copied my message from that Forum here...
--------------------
It's not clear from this post what the actual issue is. Can you cut/paste the email that you received from GMAC into this thread?

GMAT assassins arne't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAC Cancels GMAT Scores [Mass cancellation in India] [#permalink]
I have attached a screen shot of the email.

Siddharth J

Originally posted by jaysiddharth on 03 Jun 2015, 23:54.
Last edited by jaysiddharth on 07 Jun 2015, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [1]
Given Kudos: 444
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.84
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Same here.We have the same vendor though in a different city and i received the exact same mail.I took the test on 9th may.The customer service people did not divulge anything apart from "technical difficulties at the center" while the center itself was clueless about this..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

I have the same plight as the user above me. I took the test in Bangalore,Think Education LLP on in may and received my official scores as well.Yesterday i got an email from GMAC that my score is being cancelled due to "testing irregularities" at the center.The following is the mail i recieved.

Dear xxxxxxxxxx,

As a result of irregularities in test taking reported at the Pearson VUE test center, Think Education Advisory Services LLP, located in Bangalore, India, the GMAT® score that you received when you took the GMAT® exam there on xxxxx is being cancelled. As indicated to you when you agreed to the GMAT® Test Policies and Procedures in the GMAT® Handbook, the Graduate Management Admission Council and/or Pearson VUE may cancel or withhold scores if, in our judgment, there is a good-faith basis to question the validity of any score for any reason.

You may retake the GMAT® exam, at no additional cost to you provided you contact us within 15 days from the date of this notice. In the event we do not receive a response from you at the end of the 15 days (xxxxxxx), your score from this testing event will be noted as cancelled and schools receiving your score from this testing event will be informed accordingly.

To schedule your free retest, you will need to call the customer service line and ask to speak to a GMAT Program Coordinator at the number listed below. Please reference this incident number when you call: xxxxxx.

APAC: Telephone: +852-3077-4926, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. AEST
India: +91 120-439-7830, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Indian Standard Time
China: Phone: +86-10-82345675, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. China Standard Time
US: Telephone (toll-free): +1 (800) 717-GMAT (4628), 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. U.S. Central Time

Sincerely,

GMAT® Test Security
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)

I tried getting to the bottom of this but to no avail.Sending emails to all possible channels is not helping either as there is no prompt response.I am deeply disheartened by the failure of the GMAC team to handle this appropriately.If there were any technical glitches an pointed out by one customer care executive(after much resistance),why were test takers allowed to finish the test and be done with it in the first place?Also,it's been almost a month now and i may/may not perform as well as i did this time.Who is responsible for that in this scenario?This is an examination with high stakes and such events are totally unfair given the turnaround time of GMAC.

I implore you to look into the matter as having to retake the exam is not really the best thing that can happen to someone.

Regards,
Ralph

Originally posted by Ralphcuisak on 04 Jun 2015, 03:08.
Last edited by Ralphcuisak on 04 Jun 2015, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.
Official GMAC Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello Ralphcuisak and jaysiddharth,

I would like to apologize on behalf of GMAC for not providing answers to satisfy your questions as quickly as you expected. Our policy and our consistent goal is to resolve any issue as soon as possible. To that end, we would like to connect with you directly in order to discuss this issue and determine next steps. Could you please call us? We’re can be reached at +1 703 668 9604 (International) or +1 (866) 739-0238 (U.S. toll-free) between 8:30 a.m and 4:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern time Monday through Friday. Finally, we take your privacy seriously, so I would also recommend removing any personally identifiable information from your previous posts, including your incident number. We look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you,
Jeremy
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hello,

I replied to your other post but wanted to share this information here as well.

I would like to apologize on behalf of GMAC for not providing answers to satisfy your questions as quickly as you expected. Our policy and our consistent goal is to resolve any issue as soon as possible. To that end, we would like to connect with you directly in order to discuss this issue and determine next steps. Could you please call us? We’re can be reached at +1 (703) 668-9604 (International) or +1 (866) 739-0238 (U.S. toll-free) between 8:30 a.m and 4:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern time Monday through Friday. Finally, we take your privacy seriously, so I would also recommend removing any personally identifiable information from your previous posts, including your incident number. We look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you,
Jeremy
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you very much OfficialGMAT for your prompt and very helpful response.

Moderator note: I have merged all of the discussions happening into one thread and discussion to keep people from duplicating the effort.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 203 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
Hello,

Are there any plans on fixing RC sections in the GMAT Prep software? Whenever I select to do, say, 3 RC questions - I end up with a mix of passages. If I'm lucky I'll get three questions related to one RC passage, but most times I'll get like 2 for the first passage, and then the last question will be on a completely new RC
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Thank you Jeremy /OfficialGmat,

This is the first,polite response that seems to be leading somewhere.I will call up the customer care numbers you provided today.The point here being that i want nothing more than my scores being reinstated.The Indian Cust. Care executives were certain as death that the scores "will never be" reinstated now but completely clueless about the reason behind this ironically.

I was not aware that the testing authority had this god-like power to play with people's hard work and get away with it while shielding itself under an abstract "testing irregularities" reason.I am pretty sure that 99.99% test takers would be surprised as well and this is literally cruel.Also,all these incidents seem to be happening in Think Education LLP only and mine in not the first.If the center is so accident prone, GMAC/Pearson VUE should not have endorsed it.If the fault is not mine,it hardly seems reasonable for me to pay for it by going through the whole mind numbing process again.

I do hope that the US service executives take a reasonable approach and solve it on a case by case basis,look into the CCTV footage and reinstate my scores.Will keep this thread updated.

Thanks again Jeremy.

Regards,
Ralph
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Ralphcuisak wrote:
Hi,

I have the same plight as the user above me. I took the test in Bangalore,Think Education LLP on in may and received my official scores as well.Yesterday i got an email from GMAC that my score is being cancelled due to "testing irregularities" at the center.The following is the mail i recieved.

Dear xxxxxxxxxx,

As a result of irregularities in test taking reported at the Pearson VUE test center, Think Education Advisory Services LLP, located in Bangalore, India, the GMAT® score that you received when you took the GMAT® exam there on xxxxx is being cancelled. As indicated to you when you agreed to the GMAT® Test Policies and Procedures in the GMAT® Handbook, the Graduate Management Admission Council and/or Pearson VUE may cancel or withhold scores if, in our judgment, there is a good-faith basis to question the validity of any score for any reason.

You may retake the GMAT® exam, at no additional cost to you provided you contact us within 15 days from the date of this notice. In the event we do not receive a response from you at the end of the 15 days (xxxxxxx), your score from this testing event will be noted as cancelled and schools receiving your score from this testing event will be informed accordingly.

To schedule your free retest, you will need to call the customer service line and ask to speak to a GMAT Program Coordinator at the number listed below. Please reference this incident number when you call: xxxxxx.

China: Phone: +86-10-82345675, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. China Standard Time
US: Telephone (toll-free): +1 (800) 717-GMAT (4628), 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. U.S. Central Time

Sincerely,

GMAT® Test Security

I tried getting to the bottom of this but to no avail.Sending emails to all possible channels is not helping either as there is no prompt response.I am deeply disheartened by the failure of the GMAC team to handle this appropriately.If there were any technical glitches an pointed out by one customer care executive(after much resistance),why were test takers allowed to finish the test and be done with it in the first place?Also,it's been almost a month now and i may/may not perform as well as i did this time.Who is responsible for that in this scenario?This is an examination with high stakes and such events are totally unfair given the turnaround time of GMAC.

I implore you to look into the matter as having to retake the exam is not really the best thing that can happen to someone.

Regards,
Ralph

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to add to the above complaint written by Ralph. I had given my exam on 17th of May at the same center as Ralph. And i got the exact same mail as she did.. which am quoting below..

03 June, 2015

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

As a result of irregularities in test taking reported at the Pearson VUE test center, Think Education Advisory Services LLP, located in Bangalore, India, the GMAT® score that you received when you took the GMAT® exam there on 17-May-15 is being cancelled. As indicated to you when you agreed to the GMAT® Test Policies and Procedures in the GMAT® Handbook, the Graduate Management Admission Council and/or Pearson VUE may cancel or withhold scores if, in our judgment, there is a good-faith basis to question the validity of any score for any reason.

You may retake the GMAT® exam, at no additional cost to you provided you contact us within 15 days from the date of this notice. In the event we do not receive a response from you at the end of the 15 days (xxxxxxxxx), your score from this testing event will be noted as cancelled and schools receiving your score from this testing event will be informed accordingly.

To schedule your free retest, you will need to call the customer service line and ask to speak to a GMAT Program Coordinator at the number listed below. Please reference this incident number when you call: xxxxxxxxx.

Sincerely,

GMAT® Test Security

As Ralph has said, We have gotten absolutely no concrete reason for this. Irregularities cannot affect 3 specific people on 3 different days.. Besides, Even if GMAC has the authority to cancel our scores, dont we deserve an explanation?? We have always heard that GMAC tries its best to help out its candidates.. As of now, we havent been helped at all. Everyone asks us to go to talk to someone else.. No one actually wants to understand how deeply we are affected by it.. Imagine getting the score u have worked 4months to get, and then being told that the score is not valid due to no fault of yours. If it is the center's fault, blame the center. Not the candidate who was just unlucky in giving at that center and at that particular time.. Also is there a guarantee that it will not happen again?? to any other person or to us again?? We have to replan our entire career path because of this.. Our request to you is to please get our scores reinstated. Its something we have worked very hard for and i don't think we should be on the receiving end of any punishments because of it. GMAC can review the footage of the days on when we gave the test to see that we were not involved in any suspicious activities and all other evidence related to it. So once again, i hope that GMAC can understand our concerns better than they have by now, and reinstate our scores. It would be a huge huge relief to us and something that we will always remember and thank GMAC for.

Regards,
V.K
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Quote:
I would like to apologize on behalf of GMAC for not providing answers to satisfy your questions as quickly as you expected. Our policy and our consistent goal is to resolve any issue as soon as possible. To that end, we would like to connect with you directly in order to discuss this issue and determine next steps. Could you please call us? We’re can be reached at +1 703 668 9604 (International) or +1 (866) 739-0238 (U.S. toll-free) between 8:30 a.m and 4:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern time Monday through Friday. Finally, we take your privacy seriously, so I would also recommend removing any personally identifiable information from your previous posts, including your incident number. We look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you,
Jeremy

Hello @OfficialGMAT/Jeremy,

I just spoke to one of the representatives on the number you provided above. First of all let me say that the way i was spoken to made me feel that i had killed someone. Please understand that it isnt the candidate's fault that there are testing irregularities at designated centers. We do not get any apology, neither are we told why it happened. Yes, we understand that you have the right to reserve the reason for cancellation of scores, but that does mean that you do not understand the plight of the candidates whose scores you have cancelled?? Is it wrong for them to know why they have to go through the rigorous process of preparing for GMAT with absolutely no guarantees of getting the same score, or that this same thing will not be repeated again??? will someone atleast tell us if any action has been taken on PEARSON or the test centers?? Yes, in the end we have to bow down to the power that is GMAC, but the behavior on part of GMAC is unacceptable.. I got no extra information than what i already had. I wasnt given any consideration of having gone through hell.

I hope you guys improve. Its not okay to play around with people's lives and careers.

Regards,
V.K
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Jeremy/OfficialGMAT,

Same here.No updates. I am as good as i was when i got that mail of score cancellation.I feel utterly helpless and cheated by this incident.Hope this never happens to anyone getting their dream score and some miracle reinstates our scores.

Unfair.

-Ralph
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi OfficialGMAT ,

I personally went to the Think Advisory Centre in Mumbai India. The center managers seem to have no clue about such a problem and their only source of information seems to be the affected candidates. According to the centre , all their equipment has been confiscated by Pearson itself.

Is there anyway in which a slightly more accurate reason that could be provided ? Are there any precautions that can be undertaken by the candidate to order to prevent such a situation from happening again. Is there any centre where integrity and security checks are performed regularly ?

Moreover , giving a 15 day notice to reschedule without giving any manner / course of redressal seems to be peculiar. It may not always be possible to work on the GMAC's given deadline. Request you to kindly help in extending the dates.

It would be great if you could help in this small measure.

Siddharth
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I just received an email stating that my score, for the exam taken on the 1st May 2015 in Mumbai, is being cancelled. An option of a free retest is provided. However, no information on the reason for the cancellation is given. The call to the customer service did not go through.

I'm pretty disappointed that I am being told 6 weeks later that my score is being cancelled. I have given away all my GMAT preparation material and am hard up on time to give the test again. Moreover, I do not stay in a city where the GMAT is conducted and will have to travel again just to write the GMAT.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Send PM
JK1987,

I'm sorry for you pal.We are all in the same boat.There is no hope whatsoever as not even the OfficialGMAT representatives here are responding anymore after the initial acknowldgement.Our rotten luck combined with extreme mismanagement and failure to own its fault on GMAC's part.It is indeed a shame and ironical that this test is used by the most prestigious institutes in the world for creating responsible managers.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Seems like many innocent folks are impacted :( I am really curious to know what the issue is and if everyone who got over 700 is being questioned and asked to retake....
Can you guys look up your score reports? What code do you see? Maybe it will help decode the situation a bit better.
Attachments

gmat-score-codes.png
gmat-score-codes.png [ 89.26 KiB | Viewed 12760 times ]

Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hello all,

I know working through these issues can be frustrating, and I am looking into this further on my end and will be sure to provide any updates right here as they become available. The most immediate source of information on this matter will be the Customer Care contact previously provided.

Thank you,
Jeremy
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4