Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:36 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.3
WE:Programming (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Re: Haas EWMBA Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
hello everyone, just an update from my interview. Being a reapplicant my interview was slightly different as Adcom was interested in how my application had improved since last year and also if I had taken their feedback into account. Other than that I got usual questions:

- Walk me through your resume. There was some back and forth based on my answers.
- Talk about improvements made to your application.
- What feedback was given and how did you incorporate those in your reapp.
- How would you add value to the class if recommended for an admit.

Overall, it was a very casual and relaxed interview. Now the wait begins, again ...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
2timesACharm wrote:
hello everyone, just an update from my interview. Being a reapplicant my interview was slightly different as Adcom was interested in how my application had improved since last year and also if I had taken their feedback into account. Other than that I got usual questions:

- Walk me through your resume. There was some back and forth based on my answers.

Overall, it was a very casual and relaxed interview. Now the wait begins, again ...

Thanks 2timesACharm, bit, and maalage for sharing your interview experiences. Having mine tomorrow morning, will update my experience on the thread! Fingers x'ed, back to prepping now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.56
Send PM
Hi, everyone. Congratulations to those of you who have been invited to interview. I submitted my application on the last day of R1 (Nov. 20th), but my file is still under review and I haven't received an invite for an interview (and I am nervous because a bunch of you apparently had near-instantaneous responses!). I did get excited when I received the "next steps" email from admissions, but it wasn't anything... teases.

One interesting thing is that my application status still says that they are missing a transcript, but I received an email from admissions that my application was complete and under review? Nothing has changed on that status page since I submitted though.

As my name implies, I've got all my eggs in one basket here... I hope I get an invite soon!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
HaasPlease wrote:
One interesting thing is that my application status still says that they are missing a transcript, but I received an email from admissions that my application was complete and under review? Nothing has changed on that status page since I submitted though.

Call admissions and ask. They can answer that for you pretty quickly.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
packet82 wrote:
HaasPlease wrote:

Call admissions and ask. They can answer that for you pretty quickly.

I want to, but the first bullet of the "next steps" email emphasized not to call them. I guess it can take up to 6 weeks from the deadline for these status pages to settle out... but that's already going to be January. I'm just getting antsy I guess, ha.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
HaasPlease wrote:
I want to, but the first bullet of the "next steps" email emphasized not to call them. I guess it can take up to 6 weeks from the deadline for these status pages to settle out... but that's already going to be January. I'm just getting antsy I guess, ha.

Have you sent your transcripts in to them already? It can take a while for them to go through the mail and update your application.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
packet82 wrote:

Have you sent your transcripts in to them already? It can take a while for them to go through the mail and update your application.

Yeah, the last transcript that they are waiting for was sent the week of the deadline, so I think that might explain the delay. I've seen in other posts that the official transcripts don't necessarily hold things up anyway? They do have a copy of an unofficial one in my application.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
HaasPlease wrote:

Yeah, the last transcript that they are waiting for was sent the week of the deadline, so I think that might explain the delay. I've seen in other posts that the official transcripts don't necessarily hold things up anyway? They do have a copy of an unofficial one in my application.

Then you should be perfectly fine. As long as they have the unofficial one, they have enough to go through your profile and make a decision. They just need the official one to verify that it matches up with the unofficial one.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
packet82 wrote:
HaasPlease wrote:

Then you should be perfectly fine. As long as they have the unofficial one, they have enough to go through your profile and make a decision. They just need the official one to verify that it matches up with the unofficial one.

HaasPlease,

I got the same update too, mine is in incomplete reviewable stage with missing official documents - But the adcom mentioned that at this point I don't need to send any official documents, however I need to submit, if I am offered a spot.

So I guess you are fine as long as you have submitted the unofficial one.

I haven't received an invite yet - I am not expecting one either! since I have all the ducks in a row, except the mother duck! (GMAT) :lol:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
deeeeeweeee wrote:
2timesACharm wrote:

Thanks 2timesACharm, bit, and maalage for sharing your interview experiences. Having mine tomorrow morning, will update my experience on the thread! Fingers x'ed, back to prepping now.

Hi guys, back from the interview. Glad I asked for a day off from work, so I have sometime to relax today. Generally, I think my performance was decent, could have done better to stress a few points I would want to bring up/emphasize on (think we all go through this over-thinking or over analytical process after interviews... but oh well it's all done now). As other guys mentioned, the atmosphere is quite casual, interviewer is super nice and polite (but that also makes it hard to analyze how you performed from his/her reactions)

Questions I got asked:
- Resume walk-through (interviewer asked me for more details/clarifications on certain job experiences).
(Then the standard questions)
- Leadership experience
- ST/LT Goals (interviewer asked me for more details and some discussions on the motivations behind my career goals)
- How can you contribute to the class?
- How does your manager comment on you? Any specific areas you should improve on based on his/her suggestions?
- How do your friend consider you?
- What do you do for fun?

Good luck everyone, I'm joining to squat in the waiting crew in the following 1-2 months!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the input, packet and casach.

I also really appreciate everyone's post-interview updates (though I have to fight back the envy of your interview invites, haha).

What did everyone put for cohort choice? Evening/weekend/both? I put "evening only".
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V37
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
@deeeeeweeee - Welcome to the wait club :)
@HaasPlease - I gave preference to evening.
Would be go to know everyone else's choice. Good way to kill time. :lol:

@atHaas - Which cohort are you in - Evening or Weekend. Can you shed light on advantage or disadvantage of one over other, if any? :thanks
:btw Was the forum activity similar last time around during first round. See very few folks here.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bit wrote:
@deeeeeweeee - Welcome to the wait club :)
@HaasPlease - I gave preference to evening.
Would be go to know everyone else's choice. Good way to kill time. :lol:

@atHaas - Which cohort are you in - Evening or Weekend. Can you shed light on advantage or disadvantage of one over other, if any? :thanks
:btw Was the forum activity similar last time around during first round. See very few folks here.

Can't speak for atHaas, but I'm in one of the weekend cohorts. When it comes to core classes, it doesn't really matter which one you're in. The weekend cohorts have fewer classes because they're in class for longer amounts of time per week, but that also means 2 four hour classes per weekend (9-6 with a 1 hour lunch).

Once you get out of the core classes, I'd much rather take classes during the week. You have 3x the number of electives available during the week compared to the weekend, which makes a huge difference.

As for the second question, yes it was much like this last year. R1 is a relatively small round and the first posts from last year are at the end of November. R2 is where the bulk of the applications are submitted. This is why Haas traditionally waitlists most of R1.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 565 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
Question for people that have already finished interviews or current students at Haas:

Did you guys send a thank you email to your interviewer? If so, how did you get the interviewer's email address?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
saintforlife wrote:
Question for people that have already finished interviews or current students at Haas:

Did you guys send a thank you email to your interviewer? If so, how did you get the interviewer's email address?

I ended up doing my interview via skype last year and never sent a thank you email.

I actually only ended up meeting (in person) the person that interviewed me about 3 weeks ago. She actually sought me out at a potential students mixer and said hi. It's a pretty small school and I really like that even admissions remembers who we are.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 565 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
packet82 wrote:
saintforlife wrote:

I ended up doing my interview via skype last year and never sent a thank you email.

I actually only ended up meeting (in person) the person that interviewed me about 3 weeks ago. She actually sought me out at a potential students mixer and said hi. It's a pretty small school and I really like that even admissions remembers who we are.

Thanks for the quick reply. So I am assuming it is not a negative not to send a thank you email (like you would normally do for a job interview)?

Also I didn't see a Haas faculty or staff directory that is accessible to the public. However when I did a google search for the person, I found their email address. So even if I sent the thank you email, they will probably know I searched for their online or something, which I probably don't want to do. It may hurt more than it helps.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
saintforlife wrote:
packet82 wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. So I am assuming it is not a negative not to send a thank you email (like you would normally do for a job interview)?

Also I didn't see a Haas faculty or staff directory that is accessible to the public. However when I did a google search for the person, I found their email address. So even if I sent the thank you email, they will probably know I searched for their online or something, which I probably don't want to do. It may hurt more than it helps.

Glad to. It's an excuse to avoid studying for my accounting final tomorrow :-D

I doubt it really matters either way if you send a thank you note. It certainly didn't hurt me to not send one since they admitted me in R1.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts