Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:31 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink]
AdiRedDevil wrote:
ag101 wrote:
Any indian applicants received interview invites for R2 yet? This is turning into a very very long wait

Not a wrd.

3 weeks and a few days to go for the final notification. Wonder if it is time to brace myself for a crash landing
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
I think for all the apps that went under review early February there is still hope (at least I would like to believe so).
International applicant but currently living in the US
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Send PM
vesmher wrote:
Going on the opposite direction of most questions, has anyone been dinged for R2? Any idea if they will reject a candidate only on the last couple of days?

I'm not too familiar with this part of the admissions process, but do schools ever ding before the decision release date? I always thought they left applicants hoping till that day, where the ding feels like a dagger to the heart....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
coolguy314159 wrote:
vesmher wrote:
Going on the opposite direction of most questions, has anyone been dinged for R2? Any idea if they will reject a candidate only on the last couple of days?

I'm not too familiar with this part of the admissions process, but do schools ever ding before the decision release date? I always thought they left applicants hoping till that day, where the ding feels like a dagger to the heart....

Many schools at least have a middle deadline for interview invitation (unlike Haas) so that you know at that point, well before the decision date, that you're not in since you weren't interviewed and the best you can hope for is being waitlisted to interview. At least one school (Booth) I know dings people at the end of that interview notification period too, so you don't wait another several weeks before knowing whether you're truly out or not. This whole "you could receive an invitation to interview up until the deadline" is definitely the most stress-inducing method I've heard of.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mdoll14 wrote:
coolguy314159 wrote:
vesmher wrote:

Many schools at least have a middle deadline for interview invitation (unlike Haas) so that you know at that point, well before the decision date, that you're not in since you weren't interviewed and the best you can hope for is being waitlisted to interview. At least one school (Booth) I know dings people at the end of that interview notification period too, so you don't wait another several weeks before knowing whether you're truly out or not. This whole "you could receive an invitation to interview up until the deadline" is definitely the most stress-inducing method I've heard of.

completely agree
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
Send PM
Kudos
Got an invite today at 5:04pm EST!! Keep your hopes up!

Some info for those wondering:

Applied: Jan 7
Application under review: Jan 22
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Guys, I have 2 questions I would love to have some help with:

1)My application just went "under review" yesterday (2/29) and I was wondering if it's normal for AdCom to BEGIN reviewing an application this late.

2)Once an application is "under review", how long does it take before knowing whether one has an interview invite?

Regarding question #2, I've gotten conflicting information from two different sources familiar with the application process. One source is saying I won't know until the notification deadline while the other source is saying, considering the late date, I should you hear something 1-2 weeks from now as long as they're interested in interviewing me.

Anyway, I just want to know when I should write off Haas should I not hear from them. Of course if I hear back this is all moot, but I'd be grateful to anyone who can help; and good luck to those still waiting to hear back!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ai002h wrote:

1)My application just went "under review" yesterday (2/29) and I was wondering if it's normal for AdCom to BEGIN reviewing an application this late.

2)Once an application is "under review", how long does it take before knowing whether one has an interview invite?

Regarding question #2, I've gotten conflicting information from two different sources familiar with the application process. One source is saying I won't know until the notification deadline while the other source is saying, considering the late date, I should you hear something 1-2 weeks from now as long as they're interested in interviewing me.

Anyway, I just want to know when I should write off Haas should I not hear from them. Of course if I hear back this is all moot, but I'd be grateful to anyone who can help; and good luck to those still waiting to hear back!

What was your application status before 'application under review'?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
ag101 wrote:
ai002h wrote:

I should've been more precise, my status was always "application under review". Whats changed is under where it says "Status Description" there was something to the effect of "we received your application, you may have some stuff missing, we'll let you know when there's an update in your status". Now, I didn't have anything missing but was told thats what the application status says initially.

Well now under "Status Description" it says "Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision"
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ai002h wrote:
ag101 wrote:
ai002h wrote:

I should've been more precise, my status was always "application under review". Whats changed is under where it says "Status Description" there was something to the effect of "we received your application, you may have some stuff missing, we'll let you know when there's an update in your status". Now, I didn't have anything missing but was told thats what the application status says initially.

Well now under "Status Description" it says "Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision"

I see - i am still at "we received your application, you may have some stuff missing, we'll let you know when there's an update in your status"
My 2 cents (after an almost obsessive analysis) - there isn't a right answer to your questions and a lot of the timelines and change in statuses seems quite random.
sorry, not much help here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Duke '16 (A)
Send PM
Guys, Any idea whether Haas re-interviews reapplicants? I was interviewed and waitlisted last year, still waiting for an interview invite :|
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
they probably would if you were to get accepted ... I am sure they wont be relying on your prior year interview...

A lot of us waiting for the invite ... but time is obviously running out since Dday is Mar 26. I highly doubt they will be giving interview invites after the 20th or so ... I am pretty much going to cling on to some hope till follwoing Friday (14th) ... after which I say good bye
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.14
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
sword87 wrote:
A lot of us waiting for the invite ... but time is obviously running out since Dday is Mar 26. I highly doubt they will be giving interview invites after the 20th or so ... I am pretty much going to cling on to some hope till follwoing Friday (14th) ... after which I say good bye

I received an invite this morning around 1000 PST. From Los Angeles. I was given the option to interview on-campus or off-campus. I didn't look at options for off-campus, but they only had availability for on-campus interviews M-TH through 18 Mar, if that helps at all. Certainly doesn't mean they won't add more slots at a later time though. I thought I recall that some people have been Skype interviewed only a couple days before decisions are sent out, so that's always possible too!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
Send PM
cognizant2001 wrote:
Hi guys,

Just received an interview invite few minutes back! So they are still coming :)

Hey!

Are you an Indian Applicant? If yes, Could you please share the location and date of your interview.

All the best for the interview.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Indya wrote:
cognizant2001 wrote:
Hi guys,

Hey!

Are you an Indian Applicant? If yes, Could you please share the location and date of your interview.

All the best for the interview.

Hello,

Yes, I am an Indian applicant. But I am based in NY. I am flying to Berkeley to interview on campus.

Thanks for your wishes!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Send PM
To all those who received interview invites: Did you get an e-mail invite? And was it reflected online on your account?

I applied to Anderson as well, and I got an e-mail invite, but I don't recall seeing that I was invited on my online account. So if I had dropped that email, I would not have known about the invite.

I am hoping that my aggressive spam filters didn't scoop away my Berkeley invite! :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.6
WE:Law (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Kudos
coolguy314159 wrote:
To all those who received interview invites: Did you get an e-mail invite? And was it reflected online on your account?

Yes, received the email notice with instructions re: scheduling. Keep the faith, man...it can come at any time!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28  ...  32   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts