Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:24 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 142
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Healthcare
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Expert Reply
scleraxis wrote:
query007 wrote:
Are any of the R1 admitted students done with your kroll verification ?

Yes, and Harvard/Sloan/Wharton use Re Vera, not Kroll. It's for verifying employment history, education and rec letters as far as I know.

I received an email from reporter for a prominent national publication this morning who would like to speak with HBS and Wharton applicants about their application experience this year at these two programs. in the reporter's words:

"I’m just curious to get a student voice saying whether they think the Wharton and HBS changes offered them a good outlet to show their genuine selves, and whether they felt their fellow applicants were prepared or over-prepared and scripted.

"Ideally, I’d talk to someone in the next day or two. "

This could be a great way to make a connection with a reporter with whom you would like to have a connection.

You do not have to have been accepted; you do have to have reached the interview phase at either one or both schools and be willing to be quoted by name.

If you are interested, please either PM me or email linda@accepted.com.

Thanks,
Linda
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Kudos
hunterashmore wrote:
goodtogreat wrote:
For anybody that has gotten accepted, how soon does HBS provide a financial aid package regarding need-based fellowships/grants?

They opened the application at the beginning of Feb and decisions take 3-5 weeks after application - meaning I don't know if anyone from R1 has heard back yet.

I heard back on my aid package! It was very fast and I even had some questions / additional information to include. Still fast and very easy. Now to finding a loan...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Send PM
Yes - you have to log in. Luck for me, the Stanford reject came about 10 min before Harvard. I used that as the practice to see what to expect. When the HBS email came in, I was so nervous that I blanked on my password and entered the wrong one. Haha - a feeling a DEFINITELY do not miss :)

ps97 wrote:

You'll get an email telling you that your status has been updated and that you need to log into your application to see it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
esdykes wrote:
hunterashmore wrote:
goodtogreat wrote:
For anybody that has gotten accepted, how soon does HBS provide a financial aid package regarding need-based fellowships/grants?

They opened the application at the beginning of Feb and decisions take 3-5 weeks after application - meaning I don't know if anyone from R1 has heard back yet.

I heard back on my aid package! It was very fast and I even had some questions / additional information to include. Still fast and very easy. Now to finding a loan...

Without going into specifics (unless you'd like to!), was your aid package more grants/fellowships versus loans? I'd be curious to learn how a typical aid package is composed.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HBS '15 (M)
Send PM
433349100 wrote:

Without going into specifics (unless you'd like to!), was your aid package more grants/fellowships versus loans? I'd be curious to learn how a typical aid package is composed.

Thanks.

Hi,

Like esdykes, I received a response very quickly. The financial package typically consists of 3 numbers:

1. Student's contribution
2. Need-based scholarship
3. Loan

1 + 2 + 3 = the total student budget for 2013/2014, which mainly depends on family situation and pre-MBA activities, and the repartition can vary a lot depending on each student's financial situation.

Good luck with your application! :wink:

Edit: it might look different for sponsored students, maybe someone can chime in on this.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
How is the student contribution determined, are you expected to put in your entire savings?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bluegmat700 wrote:
How is the student contribution determined, are you expected to put in your entire savings?

It is not that I do not want to answer, but I think this is highly dependent on your personal situation. Once admitted, there is a lot of information on how they calculate your contribution + HBS aid + loan.

I will be honest and say that I wasn't expecting very much (I've had a decent to good salary and saved a good amount over the years) but I did receive HBS funding. So, while I need a loan and my contribution is higher than I would have hoped, I feel like the HBS aid is free money that I wasn't expecting. So - in the end - very happy.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Interviewed today in Shanghai. The adcom member did an excellent job making me feel very comfortable, and the 30min (actually ended up being 40!) absolutely flew by. Almost the entire conversation was centered around my job, but there was a question along the lines of "Is there anything we haven't discussed yet that you'd like to bring up?" where I was able to mention my Why MBA / Why Harvard, (which I thought was also pretty brief on my application too). Finishing up my Post-Interview Reflection, and then the waiting game continues!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
LOLA1986 wrote:
Interviewed today in Shanghai. The adcom member did an excellent job making me feel very comfortable, and the 30min (actually ended up being 40!) absolutely flew by. Almost the entire conversation was centered around my job, but there was a question along the lines of "Is there anything we haven't discussed yet that you'd like to bring up?" where I was able to mention my Why MBA / Why Harvard, (which I thought was also pretty brief on my application too). Finishing up my Post-Interview Reflection, and then the waiting game continues!

Awesome! And good luck! The wait is much shorter for you :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I had my interview in London last week - very much enjoyed the process. There were two interviewers who made me feel comfortable from the very first moment. As many already posted it is hard, to impossible prepare the answers.

The conversation was retrospective, the interviewers seemed to be little interested in my goals for and after the MBA. There were several deeper questions about the experiences I mentioned in the application form, but for the rest they were building up the questions on my answers. I think it was particularly important for them to clearly understand what I had to say e.g. they would ask clarifying questions like the following: in a particular experience you described, why in your opinion the person handled in this way, how would you act if you were in that situation yourself, what did you learn out of it?

All in all I have the feeling that in the interview I was given a chance to present myself at my best, in some way it might also be a strategy to ensure comparability of the candidates.

As many others I am joining the second round of the wait game now!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
esdykes wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:

It is not that I do not want to answer, but I think this is highly dependent on your personal situation. Once admitted, there is a lot of information on how they calculate your contribution + HBS aid + loan.

I will be honest and say that I wasn't expecting very much (I've had a decent to good salary and saved a good amount over the years) but I did receive HBS funding. So, while I need a loan and my contribution is higher than I would have hoped, I feel like the HBS aid is free money that I wasn't expecting. So - in the end - very happy.

Thanks this actually makes a lot of sense, hope I'm lucky enough to actually go through this process!!! :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: HBS '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
bluegmat700 wrote:

This video is a pretty good overview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZtWfedlDM4
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hunterashmore wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:

This video is a pretty good overview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZtWfedlDM4

Thanks for the video link! :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Two weeks and two days to go!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing
GRE 1: Q160 V168
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Anyone else get the "What's Next" email today and get a bit jumpy? 2 weeks is forever!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)
Send PM
equestrian wrote:
Anyone else get the "What's Next" email today and get a bit jumpy? 2 weeks is forever!

Any R1 WL candidates get the What next email?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
equestrian wrote:

Yep got it, looks like a generic email.

I also got shocked when I first saw it!!! :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  53   54   55   56   57   58   59  ...  64   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts