Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:29 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools:Kellogg MBA 2004
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT Date: 12-05-2013
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Schools: IIM-L '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64939 [0]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink]
Expert Reply
asingh203 wrote:
Hello Karishma/experts from Veritas,

I need your help.

I am targetting 750 in the GMAT. For this, I am preparing for quite a while and planning to fix the appointment. Today, I took veritas free test with 100% test conditions(did all 4 sections: AWA, IR, QA and VR) and got 730(Q50 V40). Could you please suggest from your experience how close would my this score be to the actual GMAT score. I want to know this as I would take the GMAT in 2 weeks when I am assured that I am hitting my peak.

Our tests simulate the actual exam quite well so your score is a reliable measure of your preparation. With a 730, I would say that you are certainly poised for a 700+ score. Now where exactly that will land is hard to guess. It will depend on a number of factors including your state of mind during the test. Focus more on Verbal in the last two weeks (but continue practicing Quant questions too). Take ample rest in the two days leading up to the exam. Keep a cool mind. Since you are well prepared, anxiety should be at a minimum. Also, don't get stuck on a question or two during the test - keep up your pace.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
asingh203 wrote:
Hello Karishma/experts from Veritas,

I need your help.

I am targetting 750 in the GMAT. For this, I am preparing for quite a while and planning to fix the appointment. Today, I took veritas free test with 100% test conditions(did all 4 sections: AWA, IR, QA and VR) and got 730(Q50 V40). Could you please suggest from your experience how close would my this score be to the actual GMAT score. I want to know this as I would take the GMAT in 2 weeks when I am assured that I am hitting my peak.

Our tests simulate the actual exam quite well so your score is a reliable measure of your preparation. With a 730, I would say that you are certainly poised for a 700+ score. Now where exactly that will land is hard to guess. It will depend on a number of factors including your state of mind during the test. Focus more on Verbal in the last two weeks (but continue practicing Quant questions too). Take ample rest in the two days leading up to the exam. Keep a cool mind. Since you are well prepared, anxiety should be at a minimum. Also, don't get stuck on a question or two during the test - keep up your pace.

All the best!

Thanks Karishma for the prompt reply. Your words are encouraging and I'll follow your wise advice.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
i scored a 650 on veritas, i felt like the questions were too easy. also to note if you dont submit the last question you get dinged (aka it isn't counted)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, Statistics
Send PM
I also just took the free Veritas CAT today. I got a 760 (49Q and 45V) which is very close to my GMATPrep score from a few weeks ago (750 - 49Q and 42V). My GMAT is in <2 weeks so I am very nervous and hope that they are accurate predictors!

The only thing I am not sure of is MGMAT - I consistently score 690 on those and cannot make 40 in verbal. Which test(s) verbals are closest to the real GMAT? I see that the person before me posted that some aspects of the Veritas verbal is slightly easier than the real GMAT...

PS: I found the debrief at the end of the Veritas CAT to be VERY helpful. I love graphs :P and the software provides great views on your timing and accuracy. Great job, Veritas!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
catalysis wrote:
I also just took the free Veritas CAT today. I got a 760 (49Q and 45V) which is very close to my GMATPrep score from a few weeks ago (750 - 49Q and 42V). My GMAT is in <2 weeks so I am very nervous and hope that they are accurate predictors!

The only thing I am not sure of is MGMAT - I consistently score 690 on those and cannot make 40 in verbal. Which test(s) verbals are closest to the real GMAT? I see that the person before me posted that some aspects of the Veritas verbal is slightly easier than the real GMAT...

PS: I found the debrief at the end of the Veritas CAT to be VERY helpful. I love graphs :P and the software provides great views on your timing and accuracy. Great job, Veritas!

I am in the same boat dear. After the frustrating MGMAT score on last sunday(680 Q48 V35), I took GMAT Prep2 yesterday and got 760(Q50 V42). I am not sure why the MGMAT made their algorithm this way. I understand it is tough to imitate the algo of GMAC, but the variance is too much.

However, I appreciate the question bank of MGMAT. Very nicely written questions in both Q & V and a very good practice of tough questions.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
utkmittal1 wrote:
Hi

I took Veritas Prep's 2 CATs and I liked them a lot. I feel that they are more representative of GMATprep. My scores were :
1) 720 - Q50 with 14 incorrect and V39 with 13 incorrect.
2) 740 - Q50 with 9 incorrect and V41 with 13 incorrect.

I could see more positives than negatives.

1) Quant questions were really good...although a little more difficult than official questions (I felt so) but for those aiming 50-51, the quant section is perfect. Unlike MGAMT CATs, these test had a good balance of difficulty levels. There was hardly a question that could be solved in less than a minute and none of the question was too difficult to consume more than 3 minutes.

2) Verbal was also excellent. The main problem with verbal was that there were only 3 RCs (although the number of questions was 13 only). I struggled in RCs as the passages were quiet long. If veritas reduce the length of RCs and accommodate one more RC, the performance will be more indicative of the actual GMAT scores.
CR was tough. Required me to think a lot before deciding the answer. One thing that I observed was CR questions were not lengthy. Official questions are generally lenthy but require less though process. Here it was exactly the other way round.
SC was fine. Some questions were really good.

The questions, on average, were difficult, both in quant and verbal. And in my opinion, for scoring 700+, it is necessary to solve questions that are more difficult than those that will appear in actual GMAT.
In all, Veritas CATs are better than any other CATs (except GMATprep). The best thing that I have come to know about these tests is that they contain experimental questions which no other test contain. Not even GMATprep. If they could tell which questions were experimental, it would be more helpful in analyzing the performance.

Hi utkmittal1,

Thanks for such a detailed feedback of the VeritasPrep test. Have you written the actual GMAT test? May I know how much you scored in the actual test?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
utkmittal1 wrote:
Hi kartik

I scored 760 (Q50, V42). Veritas's scores were most accurate. Both in quant and verbal. Manhattan least accurate but for practice i would recommend that u go for MGMAT only...quality wise they are best.

Do tell me you scores in practice tests...I took them all and may be i can help :)

Hi utkmittal1,

Thanks for your help. Actually, this is going to be my third attempt at the GMAT. I scored low the two times, 680 (missed last ~3 questions in both the sections) and 640 (got distracted during the verbal section) because I did not have a proper test taking strategy in place. Therefore, I have exhausted almost all the good study material and practice tests available (MGMAT CATs, GMAT prep and GMAT Prep exam pack). I am not very sure how accurate are the veritas perp mock tests, and that's where I need your advice.

2 days back I wrote the free practice test of veritas prep and scored a total of 760 (Q50, V44) with 13 ques wrong in quants and 13 ques wrong in verbal. Should I go ahead and buy Veritas Prep practice tests or are there even better tests available in the market?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
18.kartik wrote:
Hi utkmittal1,

Thanks for your help. Actually, this is going to be my third attempt at the GMAT. I scored low the two times, 680 (missed last ~3 questions in both the sections) and 640 (got distracted during the verbal section) because I did not have a proper test taking strategy in place. Therefore, I have exhausted almost all the good study material and practice tests available (MGMAT CATs, GMAT prep and GMAT Prep exam pack). I am not very sure how accurate are the veritas perp mock tests, and that's where I need your advice.

2 days back I wrote the free practice test of veritas prep and scored a total of 760 (Q50, V44) with 13 ques wrong in quants and 13 ques wrong in verbal. Should I go ahead and buy Veritas Prep practice tests or are there even better tests available in the market?

Hi Kartik

You are exactly where I was. My story was similar. You can buy Veritas Prep's exams but if you have not solved other tests, you cannot make strategy through Veritas only. Reason is simple. They give you only 3 RCs. I would recommend that you buy these test for practice. If you can solve all the verbal questions with 3-4mins to spare, you are in a good shape. Btw are you still struggling with speed in verbal?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 549
Concentration: Strategy, Statistics
Schools: ISB '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink]
Hey, just coming out of a Free Simulator from VeritasPrep. The test returned me a 730 (49 Quant and 42 verbal). On the percentile scale quant reached a sombre 83 and verbal an inspiring 93, but my dreams of pushing for a score in excess of 760 remain distant. My performace on SC and DS could easily be termed dismal! :-(
Is there something specific that I could do to actually achieve the 760+ that I so badly hope for?
Any advice would be hugely appreciated!
PS I have scored a 720 on MGmat free simulator too and it's heart-breaking to not inch past 750.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi,

I am looking to take my GMAT and to prepare for that I am looking for good GMAT instructors in South Korea. If anyone has any information please do share it with me. I am in need of a bit of help ASAP.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
GMAT Instructors in Korea [#permalink]
Hi,

I am looking to take my GMAT and to prepare for that I am looking for good GMAT instructors in South Korea. If anyone has any information please do share it with me. I am in need of a bit of help ASAP.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 549
Concentration: Strategy, Statistics
Schools: ISB '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
Kconfused wrote:
Hey, just coming out of a Free Simulator from VeritasPrep. The test returned me a 730 (49 Quant and 42 verbal). On the percentile scale quant reached a sombre 83 and verbal an inspiring 93, but my dreams of pushing for a score in excess of 760 remain distant. My performace on SC and DS could easily be termed dismal! :-(
Is there something specific that I could do to actually achieve the 760+ that I so badly hope for?
Any advice would be hugely appreciated!
PS I have scored a 720 on MGmat free simulator too and it's heart-breaking to not inch past 750.

I understand your desire to score in the 99%ile but take heart from the fact that 730 is not very different from 760 as far as the adcom is concerned. You seem to be on your way to above 80/80 which is perfectly good for most schools. Also, there is a good chance that you might actually score 750+ in the test - it all depends on whether you keep your wits during the test. A difference of 30-40 points in your score is normal especially at the higher end of the range since there are fewer people there and hence data is more scarce.

In SC, try to be as logical as you can be. Focus on finding a clear, concise and sensible sentence. You will probably see more high level questions in SC too which means there will be lot of focus on accuracy in meaning - keep that in mind.

As for DS, if you are good at PS, why the issues in DS? Just remember that at the end of the day, DS is only two PS questions in 1. It does take more time but the fundamentals are exactly the same.

Thanks a lot Karishma! This seemingly simple advice has greatly lifted my spirits and incidentally I have been directing myself in the direction you've mentioned since after the test. It has been paying dividends and I now feel much more confident of achieving the score I want. I have realized that after a certain point, it's a mental battle and it pays to keep my wits! Thanks a lot for your words! very reassuring! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Journalism and Publishing)
Send PM
I am assuming that my case is an outlier, but after sitting the real GMAT this past Saturday, my score in Quant was substantially substantially lower in the actual exam than it was during the Veritas practice tests.

All tests were taken in the last month:

Test 1 - 750 Q49 V44
Test 2 - 730 Q48 V43
Test 3 - 710 Q48 V39
GMAT - 620 Q33 V41
Test 4 - 720 Q49 V40

I didn't feel that the GMAT quant was substantially more difficult or different than what I had been practicing for, nor did I feel especially stressed out. I am not quite sure what to chalk it up to.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT Date: 05-23-2014
Send PM
Just took it today... At first it seemed to me to be so much easier than MGAMAT, so I just played with the questions and got some challenges later. Their Verbal is challenging specially in RC. Their quant seems to be easier, tough. Overall, worth taking it seriously to the end.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
I have my GMAT scheduled at the end of next week. I have been practicing my test taking abilities with GMAT Prep tests(Exam Pack1), and Veritas CATs, which I purchased after reading the reviews from a lot of the people on this forum. Since I have already taken my GMAT twice (680- 49Q, 34V; 700- 49Q, 35V), I have exhausted both, the two GMAT Prep CATs, which I had got originally, and the MGMAT CATs. Following are the scores that I have obtained on these Tests:-

GMAT Prep 3( Exam Pack1) - September 1, 2014 - 740 (49Q, 41V, IR 5)
Veritas CAT1 - September 4, 2014 - 720 (49Q, 40V, IR 4) (Q-16 incorrect, V-13 incorrect)
Veritas CAT2 - September 5, 2014 - 740 (50Q, 41V, IR 5) (Q-16 incorrect, V-13 incorrect)

The quant section has tricky questions - i do not find them inordinately easier than those on the GMAT Prep CATs. The verbal is also quite challenging as the questions at times are designed to test you on the exceptions to the rule. Some of the CR questions actually become a question of data sufficiency questions where you need to plug in a variety of values to get to the right assumption/conclusion. Overall they are a very good workout.

I would appreciate if somebody from Veritas (Karishma, Scott etc.) or anyone out here on the forum practicing on these CATs could help me interpret the results and guide me what more I can do to breach the 750-760 mark. My biggest challenge has been time management - I am trying hard to get out of the habit of getting stuck at the initial questions, a habit that leaves me insufficient time to tackle the questions in the end.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
If anyone is looking to sign up for Veritas Prep and wants $100 referral credit, please send me a message and I will send you a referral email. I took the Veritas On-Demand course (which for me was $850) and loved it.

Highly recommend Veritas to everyone, but specifically the On-Demand course for people who are independent learners and get frustrated w/ in person training courses being side tracked by one or two people asking 8th grade level questions :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Hi All,

I have taken GMAT twice in the past 4 months and my third one is in exactly three weeks and I would really appreciate your thoughts on how to improve my score, given that my Veritas scores have been quite strong recently. So here is the situation:

Before the first exam:

GMATprep1: 690 (Q49, V36)
GMATprep2: 710 (Q49, V38)
GMATprep3: 740 (Q50, V40)
GMATprep4: 750 (Q50, V41)

First Actual Take in Early December: 690 (Q49, V34)

Took a bunch of MGMAT: all around 680-710

Second GMAT take on early Jan: 710 (Q50, V36)

I have taken 2 Veritas prep over the past two weeks:
1- 750 (Q51,V42)
2- 760 (Q51,V43)

I am now confident that I can score 50-51 on quant, but my Verbal varies significantly from test to test...and my actual verbal scores are the lowest in any exam i have ever taken! (even MGMT)

I also have to say that I was under a lot pressure during the first test and made many strategic mistakes (not sleeping enough, bad food etc.). during the second exam, take fire alarm went off (near the end of quant) and we had to leave the building for around 20-30 minutes! they added the time back though.

My main problem here is that my verbal score is consistently lower than any prep test, and I really need to know what to expect from my real score! I am confident that i can score 50-51 in my quant, but its the bloody verbal that keeps my score down! Do you think my latest veritas CATs are a good reflection of my verbal? and what else can i do over the next three weeks to improve it!

Thank you
M
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5