Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:59 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V36
GPA: 3.6
WE:Business Development (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist [#permalink]
Hi All, got the ding and reapply email this morning.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Also rejected for jan 2012 intake but will surely come back for jan 2013 intake....

All the best for you 2012!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got the ding mail this morning.

Best luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Guys,
Have not received any email yet. Did you also get reapplication instructions as Gmaster did?

Best of Luck

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I received the reapplication instructions.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
anonislis wrote:
I received the reapplication instructions.

Got the ding + reapply instructions as well
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Should I reapply R3 Sep' or R1 Jan'? Am 34 years old.....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just received ding and reapply instructions. I applied R3, if I reapply R1 for Jan13 Will i need to complete full application?

Rino i wouldnt risk applying R3 again...

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FinActivist wrote:
Just received ding and reapply instructions. I applied R3, if I reapply R1 for Jan13 Will i need to complete full application?

Yeh...I know all about round 3....:) ...what about the age factor?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The difference between sept12 and jan13 is just 3 months! You are on the high side but its an Mba after all and im sure there are mba students older than you. The good thing is that they like our profile and encouraged us to reapply

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FinActivist wrote:

I guess you're right- but you should tell that to Recruiters
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
Gmanster wrote:
I spoke with an Admin yesterday. They were very nice and understanding (i was a little bit stressed) but gently explained that unfortunately there has been no movements in the class and hinted that its basically stuffed full. I was verbally encouraged to reapply.... not really sure how i feel about R3.

How many essays will we have to submit? sadly i'm not holding my breath as nothing major has changed in my profile except for more time volunteering....

Hey friends.
Sorry to hear things aren't moving much at INSEAD. Just one quick note on reapplying: if you plan to do so, you need to remember that your entire focus should be on proving how you're a BETTER applicant this time around. Don't just re-submit what you've already submitted. Review your original application, find out where the holes are and FILL em. Do you need a better GMAT score? Stronger LORs? Perhaps a resume that better reflects your experience? Figure out what went wrong and make sure that you're doing it 100 times better this time around.

Hope that helps!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FinActivist wrote:

Hi guys - got waitlisted and dinged myself last year. Was quite dissapointed to get the DING mail from INSEAD, though fortunately enough things are looking up at work.

I had a particular question regarding the final ding email from INSEAD:-

Many of my INSEAD alum friends asked whether INSEAD had encouraged me to reapply (apprarently they hold an edge when they reapply). Till i re-read the mail a few days ago, I assumed i had been encouraged to reapply. However, the mail just gives general reapplication instructions and does not implicitly state that INSEAD has encouraged me to reapply. So my question to all you peeps who had been waitlisted last year - has anybody received an email from INSEAD explicitly stating that you should reapply or just general reapplication instructions like everybody else got.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
CrossXRoads wrote:
FinActivist wrote:

Hi guys - got waitlisted and dinged myself last year. Was quite dissapointed to get the DING mail from INSEAD, though fortunately enough things are looking up at work.

Many of my INSEAD alum friends asked whether INSEAD had encouraged me to reapply (apprarently they hold an edge when they reapply). Till i re-read the mail a few days ago, I assumed i had been encouraged to reapply. However, the mail just gives general reapplication instructions and does not implicitly state that INSEAD has encouraged me to reapply. So my question to all you peeps who had been waitlisted last year - has anybody received an email from INSEAD explicitly stating that you should reapply or just general reapplication instructions like everybody else got.

Thanks

Hi CrossXroads

I don't think they would actually 'encourage' you outright, as that might be considered leading you on that you will be successful the second time through... but i've heard of people who have received a more 'thanks but no thanks' email. Below is the Ding email i received... I'm still thinking about reapplication, not quite sure.

Dear ________,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued interest in the INSEAD MBA Programme and for the effort you have put into your application.

Unfortunately, I am sorry to inform you that no seat became available for you to join our MBA Class of December 2012. Now that classes have started, we have to cancel all applications still on the waitlist. Consequently, we have now withdrawn your MBA application from the Admissions process, as we cannot defer your application to a future class.

If you should wish to reapply, please contact mba.candidates@insead.edu when you are ready to prepare your reapplication and we will confirm the exact requirements. Guidelines for reapplication are also attached to this message for your reference.

On behalf of the MBA Admissions Office, I thank you for your understanding and sincerely wish you all the best for the future.

Yours sincerely,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Gmanster wrote:
CrossXRoads wrote:
FinActivist wrote:

Thanks

Hi CrossXroads

I don't think they would actually 'encourage' you outright, as that might be considered leading you on that you will be successful the second time through... but i've heard of people who have received a more 'thanks but no thanks' email. Below is the Ding email i received... I'm still thinking about reapplication, not quite sure.

Dear ________,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued interest in the INSEAD MBA Programme and for the effort you have put into your application.

Unfortunately, I am sorry to inform you that no seat became available for you to join our MBA Class of December 2012. Now that classes have started, we have to cancel all applications still on the waitlist. Consequently, we have now withdrawn your MBA application from the Admissions process, as we cannot defer your application to a future class.

If you should wish to reapply, please contact mba.candidates@insead.edu when you are ready to prepare your reapplication and we will confirm the exact requirements. Guidelines for reapplication are also attached to this message for your reference.

On behalf of the MBA Admissions Office, I thank you for your understanding and sincerely wish you all the best for the future.

Yours sincerely,

Yes i received a similar mail and am not sure what to make of it. Are you planning on reapplying for Jan '13 R1 ??
Any idea on whether sending out the application earlier lets help in securing an interview second time around ??
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11