Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:02 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Re: Is it appropriate to ask for more scholarship? [#permalink]
PersonalMBACoach wrote:
It is certainly reasonable to ask for more money, though it is not that likely to happen. I have seen this work when a student uses one offer to try to get the other higher or the student is otherwise very impressive relative to the average in the class. Give it a shot though and see!

Who would you propose reaching out to when inquiring about more scholarship money?
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
I always recommend if you've done your job in the networking / primary research phase of the application process you should have a contact at admissions who you've been touch with or even the person who notified you of your admit. If you have had less direct exposure with the school you can reach out out and request to chat with a member of admissions and express your desire for consideration for more scholarship money
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
cyfjeff wrote:
Hello

I received an offer from the school I applied for but with only minimum level of scholarship comparing to the tuition I will pay. The program admin sent me a followup email asking me if I have any other questions about the offer I received. I would like to ask your opinion about whether it is appropriate for me to ask for more scholarship (I don't want to lie or indicate that I have applied for other schools, truth is that I only applied this school)

Please share your thoughts. Much appreciated.

Hi cyfjeff,

It is certainly alright to ask for more scholarship. While there is no guarantee that this will work in your favour, it is definitely worth a try.
Please write a separate email thanking the Ad Com for the offer and suggesting your enthusiasm for attending this program and how the scholarship will help reduce the financial burden and enable you to focus on the program better. You could even mention any profile improvements in this email. Make the tone humble :)

Hope this helps!

All the best!
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Expert Reply
cyfjeff wrote:
Hello
Be careful in HOW you ask. If you seem like you are not grateful for what you have received.... it won't go well. So start with 1) super happy to have the opportunity to attend-- and even more excited for the scholarship.... then.... however, my resources are still limited and it would be easier to attend if there can be additional funding. Is it possible to have a larger scholarship? As long as you ask with respect-- and being grateful for what you have been given already-- I think you are ok to ask-- just don't expect much... but you never know.... good luck!
I received an offer from the school I applied for but with only minimum level of scholarship comparing to the tuition I will pay. The program admin sent me a followup email asking me if I have any other questions about the offer I received. I would like to ask your opinion about whether it is appropriate for me to ask for more scholarship (I don't want to lie or indicate that I have applied for other schools, truth is that I only applied this school)

Please share your thoughts. Much appreciated.
GMAT Club Bot