Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 11:10 It is currently 07 May 2024, 11:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:LBS
 Q46  V34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2011 [#permalink]
I had my interview today. While I think it went well, you can never really tell. My interviewer was really nice and all in all it was pretty casual. The only thing I'm a little worried about is if I could have given a few answers that were more specific. Of course, even though I prepared for the interview, on my way home I suddenly remembered two examples that would have been great answers to his questions. I just had completely forgotten about them until then. It lasted the whole hour and it flew by so I left without getting the opportunity to mention a few things, but I guess you can't fit everything in. The largest part of the interview focused on Why LBS? Why now? What do I think I can gain from it? I'm keeping my fingers crossed but the more time passes since my interviewer the more I'm second guessing myself. I'm hoping I didn't say anything that could've been misinterpreted. It's going to be a long few weeks.
Manager
Manager
 Q46  V34
Send PM
Ohhh, well, now it is over! :D DONE!!! :D Good luck! Hopefully we will all get in! :D By the way, I was wondering... is LBS the top choice for everyone here?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: International Management
Schools:Rotterdam School of Management
Send PM
Hi to everyone,

I just took a look what the MIM program offers and I have two questions. First, is there any real chance of getting a scholarship since the tuition is quite high for my standard, and Two, is this program connected to the CEMS Master in International Management.

Thanks in advance :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rockjock wrote:
guys cud ull pls help me
im from india. im yet to giv my gmat. can i apply for d 5th stage of admisn procedure.
and how r my chances of getting in?
can i prepare for gmat in 40 days?
awaiting a quick response

Rockjock, I'm not sure if applying in R5 means you should aim for a higher gmat score (>700). That being said, I think even that's completely possible with only 40 days of preparation if you spend the majority of your waking time studying (I'm talking about >10 hours a day).

I studied for a little less than 2 months (1 3/4 months), but only about 3 weeks of that was full time. I began during my christmas holidays in December, and put in about 10 hours a day. After school resumed in the beginning of January, I could only do maybe 40 hours a week for the next month. I took my GMAT on February 1st.

How are your math and english skills as they stand? I would suggest that you focus your time on the official guide questions. There is a definitely a pattern in their questions, so doing past problems will be really helpful in familiarizing yourself with the specific skill set (so to speak) that you will need to ace the GMAT. You should supplement the questions with a more comprehensive study guide like Kaplan or manhattan gmat (keep in mind that MGMAT is really time consuming, and in my opinion, only the math section was useful).

Good luck and don't let nay-sayers make you doubt yourself! I had many people around me telling me that I didn't have enough time while I was prepping. Many others in the GMATclub foum have studied for only a week ( :shock: ), a month etc and have still obtained amazing scores. In the end,everyone has different abilities and you know your own ability and studying style the best.

Originally posted by anner on 20 Mar 2010, 17:50.
Last edited by anner on 20 Mar 2010, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
KAS1986 wrote:
I had my interview today. While I think it went well, you can never really tell. My interviewer was really nice and all in all it was pretty casual. The only thing I'm a little worried about is if I could have given a few answers that were more specific. Of course, even though I prepared for the interview, on my way home I suddenly remembered two examples that would have been great answers to his questions. I just had completely forgotten about them until then. It lasted the whole hour and it flew by so I left without getting the opportunity to mention a few things, but I guess you can't fit everything in. The largest part of the interview focused on Why LBS? Why now? What do I think I can gain from it? I'm keeping my fingers crossed but the more time passes since my interviewer the more I'm second guessing myself. I'm hoping I didn't say anything that could've been misinterpreted. It's going to be a long few weeks.

Hey KAS1986,
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Congrats on finishing the interview alive! It must be a great burden off your shoulders. Try not to second guess your answers now - If you had a good feeling about it coming out of the interview, I'm sure it went well :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anner wrote:
rockjock wrote:
How are your math and english skills as they stand? I would suggest that you focus your time on the official guide questions. There is a definitely a pattern in their questions, so doing past problems will be really helpful in familiarizing yourself with the specific skill set (so to speak) that you will need to ace the GMAT. You should supplement the questions with a more comprehensive study guide like Kaplan or manhattan gmat (keep in mind that MGMAT is really time consuming, and in my opinion, only the math section was useful).

If you have any trouble with Math I would highly recommend the EZ Solutions GMAT series. I did some of the verbal questions in the GMAT Guide and read over a few sample essay answers and that was about all the studying I did for verbal since I knew I wouldn't have an issue with that. However, I hadn't taken a math class since Calculus I & II in my senior year of high school (2003-2004). EZ Solutions has a workbook for each area tested on the GMAT (arithmetic, geometry, word problems, etc) as well as a Basic and Advanced Workbook. It's much more like a math textbook with each topic broken down into sections followed by practice problems to test your knowledge. I studied part time for about 3 or 4 weeks and this series is the only reason I got through the math section on the exam. You can usually find a full set of the books used on Ebay, which is where I got mine.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
atanasovd wrote:
Hi to everyone,

I just took a look what the MIM program offers and I have two questions. First, is there any real chance of getting a scholarship since the tuition is quite high for my standard, and Two, is this program connected to the CEMS Master in International Management.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi atanasovd,

I understand that roughly 15-20% percent of the students in the class are awarded with a merit based partial sponsorship from LBS. You could contact the current MiM students/admissions office who would be able to guide you better in this matter.
IMO, it would be wise not to depend only upon the scholarship provided by LBS. Interestingly, I also understand that the govt. funding for LBS and other institutes in UK is getting reduced this year, which definitely would not help the cause any bit. -> https://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c8189922-322d-11df-b4e2-00144feabdc0.html
Of course, you could try for other sponsorship sources and in that case your probability of getting them depends on numerous factors which vary accordingly.
And to your second question, I don't think both these programmes are connected.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@kitsune
@anner
@kas1986

thank u so much ppl
keep up d good work!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rockjock wrote:
@kitsune
@anner
@kas1986

thank u so much ppl
keep up d good work!

KAS1986 wrote:

If you have any trouble with Math I would highly recommend the EZ Solutions GMAT series. I did some of the verbal questions in the GMAT Guide and read over a few sample essay answers and that was about all the studying I did for verbal since I knew I wouldn't have an issue with that. .

Hey KAS1987, that's very good advice. All I did for the verbal section was the questions in the official guide as well. I started off trying to do the MGMAT guidebooks, but I found the extensive grammatical explanations to be superfluous and a waste of my time - I quit after 5 pages. The official guide is really useful, because as i mentioned before there is a real pattern to GMAT questions and what they can test. I could see my verbal score improving dramatically in the span of a week as I worked through the questions On the real day, I could see with amazing clarity what the right answer was for each question (it was almost like the answers were just popping out at me) .

In terms of the essays, I also looked only at 2 sample essays on the day of my GMAT, one of each type. I never practiced them, against sensible advice (too lazy), and was still able to get a 5.5 on my essays just by following the standard "format" for 6.0 essays (you can find those online as well if you just do a google search)

Good luck rockjock! I hope you ace it :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey KAS, I was wondering how LBS or their alumni contacted you about the interview?
I'm located in Ontario, Canada and I still haven't received any word about the interview.
Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yogotiger wrote:
Hey KAS, I was wondering how LBS or their alumni contacted you about the interview?
I'm located in Ontario, Canada and I still haven't received any word about the interview.
Thanks!

They contacted me by e-mail. I'm surprised you haven't heard anything since they need all the feedback by the 30th. My interviewer was actually based in Canada, but was travelling to his company's Cambridge office.
Manager
Manager
 Q46  V34
Send PM
I just had my interview! I have to say it didn't go very well... it was all about Why LBS? Why not other school? Why MiM? Strenghts? Weakness? How do you handle stress? Plan B? I think my English sucked and... I just didn't know where to fit in all I have prepared! But well, it is over :) Outcome, next week!

btw @KAS1986, did you have the presentation question? Because I did not and I am a bit worried about this!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
@ kitsune: I think the presentation question is only for the MBA interviews. Your interview sounds very similar to mine. The majority of the questions were about Why LBS? What are the advantages/disadvantages of the other programs you applied to? Strengths/Weaknesses, What will be the most difficult part of the program for you? It was very conversational. He was German so he told me a lot about his undergrad in Germany and we discussed how the American university system differs (he also attended Harvard, which coincidentally was where we had our interview). We also talked about the alumni network and career center, because I asked him what he thought the recruitment prospects were for Media. There was also the standard question of give an example of a conflict you faced in school and in work. I definitely could've been more specific there, and he did follow up with asking if my coworkers ever had a personal issue with me taking charge in the situation I mentioned. (We were all stressed w/one another at the time, so probably a little bit, but we're all very close friends now). He definitely threw some tricky questions my way, including some that I think were testing my integrity/honesty. For instance, he asked me why I didn't lie to my employers and take a full time position I was just offered and quit in a few months rather than telling them about my grad school plans. We also discussed my financial situation. He finished by saying he thought the program would be a good investment for me, which I'm hoping is a good sign, but who knows? It lasted about an hour, but it flew by.

ETA: I think part of the reason the questions are so generic is because the interviewers did not go through the MiM themselves and because it's a pre-experience program. We did discuss the teaching style and workload of LBS in general and some of the faculty, but other than that, the alumni probably can't give too much program specific information.
Manager
Manager
 Q46  V34
Send PM
Yeah... seems like mine. I had the impression she had not read my application... after 20minutes she told me... "so from what you are saying, you want to go into organizational performance consulting?" and I was like... ehhh that's the only think I talk about in my application! lol! But she had notes everywhere! So dunno... maybe just to check I had written it?! Now we only have to wait! :D (good to hear you didn't have the presentation part lol!)

I also interpreted from what she said that a lot of people were interviewed...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys, thank you for sharing your interview experiences - I hope you hear some good news in a week!

Yogotiger and myself both finally got contacted for the interview. Apparently they had a lot of trouble finding an interviewer in Toronto, Canada. :| My interview is going to take place this weekend or early next week (before Wednesday). To be honest, I'm quite nervous... I never used to be anxious about interviews but I was recently grilled terribly at a case interview for a top consulting firm, and this may have brought down my interview confidence quite a bit :( . I really hope it goes smoothly this time.

Good luck to Yogotiger and anyone else who has an their interview coming up :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@ Yogotiger & anner: Glad to hear you've received your interview details. Best of luck.

My interview is in Calgary on Monday. Thanks to everyone who has shared their info - greatly appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hey guys,

Thank you for sharing your interview experiences with all of us here. Hoping you guys hear the best in a week's time.

Meanwhile, I received my interview details finally from LBS yesterday. I am in the process of setting up the interview with the alumni sometime next week. I was somewhat confident before I got the details of the interviewer. Just did a random profile search on the interviewer and I should say that I am totally nervous now. This person has an amazing/stellar profile and works in the senior management level. He has more than 15 years of WE. I was fully overawed on seeing the details of his profile. A profile that is near perfect and totally intimidating. But I should say that I fully appreciate LBS for the effort that has gone in selecting this interviewer. His profile matches my background/future goals to the tee. I guess I need to be near spotless in the interview to make an impact to someone of his stature. While I write the last line my hands are shivering. :shock:
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  24   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts