Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:03 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:LBS
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2011 [#permalink]
I was just thinking yesterday that I would've rather had my interview this week instead of last week. Two weeks is a long time to wait!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hey everyone,

I will be having my interview next week with a local alumni in Moscow from Deutsche Bank, which is good since Investment Banking is my area of interest.

Background:
Top Russian uni, GPA 3.6(4.0 Finance major),undergrad was focused on Economics/Finance/Mandarin Chinese.
GMAT 720
TOEFL 114
Russian/English/Chinese languages
Few EC(mainly charity work)
Almost no work experience
Entrepreneurial experience

thats pretty much it...

Good luck everyone and it seems that diversity is the word for this program.

I wonder if anyone can share their experience from conversations with current students and their opinions on the program?

Originally posted by phantom1987 on 26 Mar 2010, 00:08.
Last edited by phantom1987 on 05 Apr 2010, 22:53, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
heyyy...

its nice to read about all you guyz aspiring for this fall..
Can anyone lemme know whats my chance of getting an interview call if i apply in the last round.i.e, r5.

thanks,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all ,

I had my interview 2 days back with a Sloan MBA Alumni based in New Delhi.My interviewer was a Senior Consultant in a Senior Executive Search Firm.He had over 20 years of Experience in various high profile roles (COO--PE firm , Consultant--Shell , 10 years at Schlumberger etc.) --all in all a pretty illustrious career.

The interview lasted 45 mins and was very well structured (though very different from what i had expected !).He seemed to know quite a lot about me !. He asked very few general questions and we had a pretty lengthy discussion on Macroeconomics ( i m from an Engineering Background!).

When i look back i feel i got a bit too nervous , but then he always tried to make me as comfortable as he could.Though i personally feel i did OK , but then we can never really judge as to how things worked up.

Irrespective of the outcome , it was definitely an experience of a lifetime to interact with someone as accomplished as him.The outcome of my application s is definitely not my only takeaway out of the whole application process!. Over the past 6 months i have had the opportunity to get in touch with so many fantastic people whom i would not have known otherwise.

Keeping my fingers crossed about the result ! and looking forward to other people's interview experiences...!

Manish ...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@ Voodoo

Congratulations on getting through your interview. Good luck to everyone who's having theirs this week. Only a few more days left to wait!

ETA: I just received an e-mail from the Admissions Office. They want me to do a phone interview with them on Wednesday as a follow-up to my interview. Is anyone else in this situation?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congratulations on getting through your interviews everyone! Mine didn't go as well as I had hoped- I was a bit more nervous than I am usually, and the interview structure was more abrupt and structured than what I was used to- but the only thing I can do is wait now!

@KAS1986, I just had my interview this morning, so I haven't received anything like that. It may be that there is something they want to clarify in your application.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Everyone,

I just had my interview this morning. It went really well!! The interviewer was very friendly and the atmosphere was more conversational than structured interview. He asked some interesting questions, such as what do I consider as my most notable achievement, what has been my biggest failure, and what 3 words would my co-workers use to describe me. He also asked some more specific questions like why did I return to my hometown after having so many international experiences, and where would I like to live after graduation.

I also had the opportunity to ask him some questions at the end. He was very helpful and offered some great insight. What really stood out was how much he loved living in London.

He told me he will be recommending me for the program, which I of course really appreciated! I agree with the comment above that this whole application process has taught me so much already. A BIG thank you to everyone who has shared their experiences/insight/advice on this forum.

Best of luck to everyone!! Can't wait for Thursday!!
Manager
Manager
 Q46  V34
Send PM
Good luck to you all! Just 2 more days to go! (and I have just been rejected by RSM and LSE :'( )

@KAS1986, I have received nothing of that sort, but I did the interview with the Dean of Studies, so I guess she found out everything she wanted to know. I guess you can only see this as a good sign, they are interested in you, but they might lack of some information they would like to know in order to assess your application better... good luck! :D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My interview is with the Executive Director of the MiM program. I'm thinking that because my interviewer had a completely different background from me that he probably said he might not have been the best person to interview me. We had a great conversation, but he didn't really ask me any career related questions. Also, with the MiM being new, he couldn't answer any of my program specific questions either. At least I'll get the chance to improve upon any weak areas of my original interview and get some information from someone directly involved with the MiM.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@KAS1986

Thanks !

Its probably what kitsune said. Take it as a good sign :) . They are interested in you ! . All the best for the interview. Keep us posted !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@nmn

Congratulations ! If you have a good feeling , it will certainly turn true :)

We are all anxiously waiting for April 1!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@kitsune ..

i can see SSE in green . Did u get an admit from Stockholm ! ?. If so , congrats in advance , now u have a great backup option ! :)

When did SSE release results ?
Manager
Manager
 Q46  V34
Send PM
@Voodoo,

Thanks!! :) They released them today! saruba also got admitted! :D

My priority is/was:
1. LBS
2. HEC
3. LSE
4. ESCP
5/6/7. SSE, EMLyon, RSM

The good thing about SSE is that it is a 2years MSc absolutely FREE OF CHARGE! :D

The French Ecoles release the results in May / June :'( I was thinking whether the HEC would be better than LBS (the MSc is its main programme, maybe academically more recognised...) but I reckon the international job prospects of LBS are better... don't know really...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys,

Nice to see all of you sharing your interview experiences. Congratulations on getting over with them. Meanwhile, I got over with my interview today morning (probably the last one to get over with in this round I guess).

Had it with MBA alumnus of LBS who graduated 4 years ago. As I had mentioned in my previous post, this person had a stellar profile having worked more than 10 years in Mgmt Consulting with companies among MBB & Big 4.

He was a nice and cool person (your insight was true here KAS1986) who made me feel at complete ease before we started off with the discussion. The interviewed happened during the prime office hours. So he timed the interview to exactly an hour with 45 mins for the discussion and 15 mins for the questions. Truly, I still don’t know how those 60 mins went by.

The discussion was majorly unstructured and went with the flow of thoughts. Nonetheless, he had to fit in with some basic questions such as why mim/why lbs/why consulting (my chosen career field). It was quite a smooth discussion. However one disadvantage of the interview being unstructured was that I did not have the time to share all of my experiences/achievements (something which I realized only when I came out). I asked some open-ended questions to him at the end. Overall I thought the interview went OK. He was non-committal though on whether he would recommend me or not.

Anyways, not a long time to wait either. Just 2 more days. Whatever the result maybe (obviously hope that it’s a positive one though) the fact remains that this whole process has taught me so much just as Voodoo & nmn pointed out and I sincerely hope that it does not end here. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@nmn - Congratulations on getting an outright answer from the interviewer. That's a great sign and you could very well be the first person to qualify from r3 :-D

@KAS1986 - Just as others have said, I too feel that it is a positive indication from the ad-com to get to know you further. More than that I guess its a great opportunity for you to rectify/clarify on issues, if any. Good luck with interview!! Let us all know on how it goes :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Guys!

Congratulations to everyone out there. I am applying in Round 4,and I'll be sitting for the GMAT on the same day you get your Application decision :shock: I am in the processs of writing my essays, and I just realised how much there is to write. I know quality is more important than quantity, but did you have any problems writting enough for each essay word limit?

thanks
Manager
Manager
 Q46  V34
Send PM
@Feyfey,

I was lucky that everytime I finished writing I was around +-10words from the limit! :) However, I remember having problems with question 5... I only had about 100words and I had to write 3 times as much! I think I was more worried about my referees submitting their parts in correct English on time! :P Good luck with your application! :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  24   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts