I was thinking without any calculations that since the exchange rate did not change x is irrelevant. However Y is still essential.
If you are running out of time on the math session, just pick B and move on.
If you have some time to spare, then you verify with calculation.
1000 dollars were converted into pounds and then the pounds were converted back into dollars at the same exchange rate of \(x\) pounds per dollar. If a commission of \(y%\) is levied on any exchange operation, what dollar amount was left after the exchanges?
1. \(x = 0.6\)
2. \(y = 5\)
* Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but Statement (2) ALONE is not sufficient
* Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but Statement (1) ALONE is not sufficient
* BOTH statements TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient
* EACH statement ALONE is sufficient
* Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficientSource: GMAT Club Tests
- hardest GMAT questions
Dream the impossible and do the incredible.
Live. Love. Laugh.