Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:15 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]
The database is back up to 428. The strange part is that the people who were deleted to make the database go down to 423 were just added back in to bring the number back up. No new people were admitted.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [0]
 Q48  V34
Send PM
So, this time they (kroll) asked for the paystubs for the company that I worked for ( 8 yrs back). Luckily, I had some of them online. Before this the request was for the degree. So, $100 and I think I can still take more being out of the country.

quant asses: done 100% 1
stern adm ppl have really been helpful on the phone.
formalities: All except health/dir/photo AND kro!!

just waitin to see the final email. hope to see you all at phoebe.

cheers.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Phew...94% on the quant test! :lol:

I will NOT be able to make the pre-pre-term happy hour however...it's my boyfriend's birthday that same day. But looking forward to meeting you guys somehow either at pre-term or in class (if you're in the Orange group, or Blue even since you'll be there Tues/Thurs)!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Database count = 435.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think its a done deal now! I don't think we have a chance for fall 08 with just 10 seats remaining.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Yes at 435 it is a done deal.

Good luck to everyone starting the program. Have a wonderful year.
In the event there is a miracle I'll post back.

I'm off to the Winter Admissions board now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
corky wrote:
I think its a done deal now! I don't think we have a chance for fall 08 with just 10 seats remaining.

I feel like withdrawing my application from the wailist and put an end to this matter. Well, I wont but that's what I feel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Kudos
Current DB: 438. I looked at US News and it says the part-time enrollment for last year was 455 not 447. Eight new spots just opened up as far as everyone on the WL is concerned. So if it's exactly the same as last year, there are 17 spots open. Good luck guys!

Candidate list:
p474295#p474295

Ranks file:
p494692#p494692
Intern
Intern
Send PM
This WL thing is driving me nuts. Since its a tough economic year for US, people who are admitted won't back out at the last minute. I have lost hope for fall 08. Also with NYU accepting applications after the deadline they would have a nice pool of candidates to choose from. I cannot believe all the hard work for the year has gone waste! Good luck everyone.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Don't be hard on yourselves, WL people....at least you made it this far, and that is an accomplishment in itself. Also, if what they say is true about NYU looking favorable on reapps, then at least you have a bit more time to deal with getting your second app together.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
corky wrote:
This WL thing is driving me nuts. Since its a tough economic year for US, people who are admitted won't back out at the last minute.

Tougher economy translating into more people embarking on higher education might be true about FT MBA. Tougher economy has, at the least, increased the work load of all working folks, which would actually discourage people from starting a PT MBA. Moreover, it's a significant investment and the returns are not as immediate as in the case of FT. So, I'd say people are more likely to be hesitant to take up PT MBA when the economy is bad.

Don't worry about these as these are things not in our control. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbaatbigapple wrote:
corky wrote:
This WL thing is driving me nuts. Since its a tough economic year for US, people who are admitted won't back out at the last minute.

Tougher economy translating into more people embarking on higher education might be true about FT MBA. Tougher economy has, at the least, increased the work load of all working folks, which would actually discourage people from starting a PT MBA. Moreover, it's a significant investment and the returns are not as immediate as in the case of FT. So, I'd say people are more likely to be hesitant to take up PT MBA when the economy is bad.

Don't worry about these as these are things not in our control. Good luck!

Thank you everyone!!! It is a nice experience following this forum.

In my opinion, since NYU needs to diversify among MBA applicants, it makes applicants from IT, especially Asian harder to get in.

(I am making a wild guess that a lot of applicants are in IT and are Asian. I am sorry if my comment offense anyone...)
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V39
Send PM
CFACharterholder22 wrote:
Current DB: 438. I looked at US News and it says the part-time enrollment for last year was 455 not 447. Eight new spots just opened up as far as everyone on the WL is concerned. So if it's exactly the same as last year, there are 17 spots open. Good luck guys!

Candidate list:
p474295#p474295

Ranks file:
p494692#p494692

455 makes more sense because it is divisible by 7 (as in there are 7 core groups). But still....438 in the DB right now. I am very nervous.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
All,

I'd like to thank everyone on the board for being a great support group during this tedious process. As for the CFA, great work my friend, and my apologies for taking a few joking shots at you. It really was all in good fun. I hope you don't hold a grudge, because clearly I'm going to need your help in Statistics. When I saw your analysis of the undergrad schools, I said to myself "damn, this dude is sharp." So take that for what it is. I know I've been quiet, but I was worried you were going to home in in my apartment with some kind of tracking device if I kept posting. I'm strange, I know.

With respect to those still holding out hope, good luck! There is certainly still a shot. I would actually recommend emailing or calling AdCom if you're up to the task. During my application process, I really felt as NYU wanted students who wanted to be there. Prove it to them. You've got nothing to lose right? I took the GMAT three times and e-mailed them at least ten. Every time I got a polite response, and every time I said thank you, I hope your summer is great, and thanks for reviewing my application (and sorry I'm a pain in the ass). Cheesy? Maybe. But AdComs are people too. Don't lose sight of that in pursuit of your own quest to get in.

Along similar lines, if you're reapplying, good luck as well! My advice there would be to bust your ass on your essays. I certainly did and I think it's what put me over the top. Being honest with myself, my stats were even with (at best) or below those of many admitted. So what does this mean? It had to be my essays. Sell yourself, but don't be corny. Remember, that's a business skill too, and they want to see it. It sounds strange, but tell them what kind of student you'll be. For example, I said I'm rather outgoing, the kind of guy to take you for pizza and beer if you're having a bad day, or would invite you over for Thanksgiving dinner if you were from out of town. Of course, all of this is true, but I wanted the AdCom to see me as a person who really wants to succeed, but is a good guy at the same time. I even told them I enjoy soft rock. I read some of these posts taking about 'techies' from India and what have you, and it made me think, so what? Everyone is different. Just find the best angle to be you.

If I can give anyone a hand with anything going forward, drop a line.

Looking forward to,

2MuchFun
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm quite beaten now, just to think that I have to retake GMAT to increase my chance next time... took it 3.5 years ago.... and spring deadline is approaching, with busy work schedule, i dont know what to do. congrats to those who got admitted. and thanks all for your encouragement and providing great db to keep me hoping ...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
I am pulling my hair :roll: on this creative 3rd essay for spring admission...Can anyone of you admitted guys throw some light on how to approach this essay? I am planning to do a PPT (atleast this gives me something to write..) not sure how one can explain about self with a sigle picture or object...is PPT ok?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sv6, whats your stats ? Are you wl too?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  48   49   50   51   52   53   54  ...  60