It is currently 21 Sep 2017, 16:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYU Langone Fall 2008

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2008, 20:59
GMAT: 620 (very bad, i know. but i saw some 630 and 650 got accepted...)
WE: 8 yrs in sales & mkt, 2 yrs oversea exp
undergrad GPA: unknow, foreign degree
grad GPA: 3.4
Washington SQ weekend

Should i give up hope now... hate this wait game. Does anyone know when was the last call last year?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2008, 06:05
wutnow have been WL too? How about nyuorbust? What are your stats?

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2008, 06:26
I would also like to know when the last call was made last year. Adcom started reviewing my application after they received my undergrad degree. So chances are really slim. A. Because there are a lot of great applications that have got waitlisted. B. Do they really need to review another new application?

Eitherways I would be lying if I said I was not hoping against hope that I could get in. :roll:

Believe in yourself.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2008, 06:49
Could someone let us know the latest db count ? How about "WhyLangone" or "2MuchFun"....why dont you volunteer

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2008, 06:59
langonefall08 wrote:
Could someone let us know the latest db count ? How about "WhyLangone" or "2MuchFun"....why dont you volunteer

Guys, I know how painful the wait is. The latest DB count is 406. Good luck.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2008, 07:07
:-D

Last edited by NYUorbust on 15 Aug 2008, 14:56, edited 1 time in total.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2008, 07:19
A question for anyone who has sent something through email to the adcom chairperson or adcom in general: did you get some kind of acknowledgement that your email was received?

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2008, 07:25
CFACharterholder22 wrote:
. . . If I wasn't willing to post a single thing about the identity of Whylangone, I'm surely not going to call anyone else out either. That would be stepping WAY over the line and isn't necessary. I had to say something though because my jaw dropped when that name popped up in the search box. I mean are you kidding me??

I'm going to play devil's advocate. I don't think Whylangone is being hypocritical. I think he's being self-critical. He's, in essence (and obviously going about it incorrectly), trying to look for reasons as to why he should attend the Langone program as opposed to the FT program. He wants you guys to help convince to attend.

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2008, 07:28
jerseygirl wrote:
A question for anyone who has sent something through email to the adcom chairperson or adcom in general: did you get some kind of acknowledgement that your email was received?

Yes. I did receive an acknowledgement email. They will respond in 2-3 days.

Believe in yourself.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2008, 07:29
kidderek wrote:
. . . If I wasn't willing to post a single thing about the identity of Whylangone, I'm surely not going to call anyone else out either. That would be stepping WAY over the line and isn't necessary. I had to say something though because my jaw dropped when that name popped up in the search box. I mean are you kidding me??

I'm going to play devil's advocate. I don't think Whylangone is being hypocritical. I think he's being self-critical. He's, in essence (and obviously going about it incorrectly), trying to look for reasons as to why he should attend the Langone program as opposed to the FT program. He wants you guys to help convince to attend.

If he doesn't want to go...I will take his place :wink:

1 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 151 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2008, 07:31
This post received
KUDOS
jerseygirl wrote:
kidderek wrote:

If he doesn't want to go...I will take his place :wink:

I hope you get his seat, JG

Kudos [?]: 151 [1], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2008, 07:34
bozo190101 wrote:
jerseygirl wrote:

When did you send your email? This is my "problem" here. I sent the chairperson a question last week and got an ackowledgement email first and the answer 3 days later. I then sent some updated information for my application on Wednesday and didn't get anything. Sent it again on Thursday and still nothing. I did call and the lady on the phone took down my name and email to relay to the chairperson. No acknowledgement yet. Oh, no returned email either. Should I send it by regular mail this time?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2008, 11:14
jerseygirl wrote:
bozo190101 wrote:
jerseygirl wrote:

When did you send your email? This is my "problem" here. I sent the chairperson a question last week and got an ackowledgement email first and the answer 3 days later. I then sent some updated information for my application on Wednesday and didn't get anything. Sent it again on Thursday and still nothing. I did call and the lady on the phone took down my name and email to relay to the chairperson. No acknowledgement yet. Oh, no returned email either. Should I send it by regular mail this time?

JerseyGirl - why don't you try to fax it this time? I faxed over some documentation missing from my application and it was logged on the status page within two days. I don't know if that would be the best option if you were looking for a reply, but at least you know they got it.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2008, 14:15
hi all,

i've been having problems getting onto the website of the quantitative assessment test. according to the langone new student tour, the website is:
http://www.almaris.com/assess

but i've tried many times throughout the day to get onto the site and it either says "page cannot be found" or "page load error"....i'm not sure why. is it because there is something wrong with the site? or do i have the wrong address?

any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

CORRECTION: please disregard this question as i was able to log onto the website...

Last edited by nyu08 on 09 Aug 2008, 14:00, edited 1 time in total.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2008, 08:17
Do we know what is latest DB count? On bw someone said it was 417. Can someone please verify that number?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2008, 15:59
corky wrote:
Do we know what is latest DB count? On bw someone said it was 417. Can someone please verify that number?

Corky-

417 is correct.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2008, 19:02
NYUorbust wrote:

JerseyGirl - why don't you try to fax it this time? I faxed over some documentation missing from my application and it was logged on the status page within two days. I don't know if that would be the best option if you were looking for a reply, but at least you know they got it.

Well, I posted that message right before I left for a weekend trip. And what did I see in my mailbox when I just got back now? The acknowlegement email! Wow, the adcom had a very productive Friday.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2008, 07:51
kidderek wrote:
[I hope you get his seat, JG]

Sounds I have become an enemy here... Scared...

Actually one of the purposes of my original posts was to make members who got dinged or waitlisted feel better...

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2008, 08:12
Hey guys

Do you know if the Langone program can be finished overseas. If I start but cannot finish it in the US, can I finish it somewhere else. I thought they had tie ups with other schools (outside the US) where you could take courses.

Any thoughts?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2008, 09:06
Today is the deadline for those admitted by Aug 1 to register for the Fall classes. Those who are painfully holding out on the waitlist should hopefully hear good news later this week as the adcom gets to know the final list of enrolled students out of admitted ones. Good luck to everyone on WL!

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008   [#permalink] 11 Aug 2008, 09:06

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  45   46   47   48   49   50   51  ...  60    Next  [ 1200 posts ]