It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 11:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYU Langone Fall 2008

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2008, 06:56
NYUorbust wrote:
I noticed a lot of people on this thread don't bring up Westchester a lot

I'm in the same boat , waitlisted....To answer your question....from last year's forum or the STERN information sessions it looks like the choice of location has no impact. Someone from last year posted the same thing, getting in Westchester is equally competetive...no bargain there ....and ofcourse that's just my understanding....

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2008, 07:50
CFACharterholder22 wrote:
The only thing I know they did was confirm my employment details from titles held to salaries. I would imagine they confirmed that I am a CFA Charterholder but I don't know for sure. They didn't contact either of the people who wrote my recommendations. I submitted everything in early June and they contacted my HR department about 10 days later. I didn't get the confirm that all is well from Stern until July 29th.

CFA-

Thanks. One follow up question- Do you happen to know whether your HR Dept. received a phone call or was it a form that was either faxed or sent via mail?

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 16 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2008, 08:22
This post received
KUDOS
Quote:
CFA-

Thanks. One follow up question- Do you happen to know whether your HR Dept. received a phone call or was it a form that was either faxed or sent via mail?

It was a phone call.

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient but I do love Fig Newtons!

Kudos [?]: 16 [1], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2008, 08:26
I have been WL myself. I have been a silent observer of this forum. Congrats to everyone who got admitted and good luck to the ones who are waiting. Also a special thanks for all the advice and DB Updates given by CFA, Sternpt, rkaushik...etc

Here is my profile.
Male- 32
Pharma Industry (Marketing Research and Analytics) - WE 6.5 yrs.
Good career progression. Got awards consistently for the past 3 yrs.
GMAT- 650
Low community involvement.
BS in Pharmacy
Masters GPA- 3.44
Preference was Westchester weeknight option only.
WL on July 29th.

I don't know what to do. Please help. :cry:

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2008, 09:12
This post received
KUDOS
I've been a silent observer on this forum for a while now. I was called in for an interview last week and got my acceptance letter on Monday for the Washington Weeknights program.
Looking forward to meeting all you guys in September.

My Stats:
Male - 30
GMAT - 670
Undegrad GPA 2.9
Grad GPA 4.0
8 years Telecomm experience in top fortune 500 companies. Currently working in a big Financial

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2008, 10:29
First, let me start by saying the the database is now at 402. Next, there is this:

Whylangone wrote:
Sorry if I offend anyone but I really wanted to know why you all are so anxious/excited about getting into NYU Langone, a program that won't give you any valuable assistance from their career services and treats the Langone students as their ATM machines and second-class citizens?

Using the e-mails listed in the database, I reverse looked up the people that were just entered into the database today. If you submitted the same e-mail to NYU as you used to sign up for this chat board, you can literally paste that into the member search and figure out who is who. Guess what? Whylangone, our only source of negativity on our otherwise positive board, just got in. Congratulations on joining our little group of "second-class citizens".

2MuchFun is another person who just appeared in the database today and he was admitted on August 1st. So even though the database says 402, the real number is definitely higher. 2MuchFun, did you submit your acceptance letter and deposit to Langone yet? If so, when and how did you send it in? Was it by mail or electronically? The reason I ask is that it may shed light on the way they enter people into the database.

Here is the updated candidate list:
p474295#p474295

Here is the updated undergrad ranks file:
p494692#p494692

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 14 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2008, 10:50
This post received
KUDOS
First, let me start by saying the the database is now at 402. Next, there is this:

Whylangone wrote:
Sorry if I offend anyone but I really wanted to know why you all are so anxious/excited about getting into NYU Langone, a program that won't give you any valuable assistance from their career services and treats the Langone students as their ATM machines and second-class citizens?

Using the e-mails listed in the database, I reverse looked up the people that were just entered into the database today. If you submitted the same e-mail to NYU as you used to sign up for this chat board, you can literally paste that into the member search and figure out who is who. Guess what? Whylangone, our only source of negativity on our otherwise positive board, just got in. Congratulations on joining our little group of "second-class citizens".

2MuchFun is another person who just appeared in the database today and he was admitted on August 1st. So even though the database says 402, the real number is definitely higher. 2MuchFun, did you submit your acceptance letter and deposit to Langone yet? If so, when and how did you send it in? Was it by mail or electronically? The reason I ask is that it may shed light on the way they enter people into the database.

p474295#p474295

p494692#p494692

If the whole MBA / CFA thing gets old for you, you could work for Kroll!

Kudos [?]: 14 [1], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2008, 10:55
Quote:

HAHAHAHAHA!!! That's great!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2008, 10:56
:-D

Last edited by NYUorbust on 15 Aug 2008, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2008, 10:58
Good one..infact great one! You should work @ a comedy club if you change your mind about the MBA.

Tenore wrote:

Whylangone wrote:

p474295#p474295

p494692#p494692

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2008, 11:03
langone08 wrote:
Good one..infact great one! You should work @ a comedy club if you change your mind about the MBA.

... and there's like 50 comedy clubs at Washington Square too. This could have serious backup potential if my career plans in general management fall through!

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2008, 11:21
mayeb you can general manage your own chain of comedy clubs

Tenore wrote:
langone08 wrote:

... and there's like 50 comedy clubs at Washington Square too. This could have serious backup potential if my career plans in general management fall through!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2008, 11:27
I am officially terrified. I will be changing my e-mail and running from this board like my a$$ is on fire. I did it yesterday.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2008, 12:49
LOL CFACharterHolder!! That is some excellent sleuth work there - I assume that's how I got a friend invite from you on Facebook?? :P

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2008, 12:50
How do you look up someone's email address here?

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2008, 13:07
In the New Student Database, it lists e-mail addresses. You can take an e-mail address and on gmatclub, click Members in the top right corner. Then on the far right, the forth line of text from the top will say Find a Member. After you click it, on the left you can paste that e-mail address into the e-mail box and click search. If they signed up for gmatclub with the same address they gave to NYU, the user ID will appear. It was easy to do it for one single day's worth of people because there were only 11 to search. When I saw Whylangone show up, I thought it was so hypocritical that I felt compelled to post about it. Unlike Whylangone, I gave my work e-mail to NYU and my personal e-mail to gmatclub. 2MuchFun, it should be obvious that I'm not going to say anything about you if you look at my prior posts. If I wasn't willing to post a single thing about the identity of Whylangone, I'm surely not going to call anyone else out either. That would be stepping WAY over the line and isn't necessary. I had to say something though because my jaw dropped when that name popped up in the search box. I mean are you kidding me??

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2008, 13:33
CFA - can you use your detective skills to figure out why haven't heard back from kroll yet?????

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2008, 14:00
ok, here is my Kroll update..
Kroll emailed me couple of days back that they were not able to verify my employment with my current company. My company uses TheWorkNumber for employment verification and for some reason I am not in the database (according to Kroll).

Herez the timeline
Jul 9 - I sent the Authorization Release form to Kroll
Jul 14 - Kroll Branch from India contacted me for transcripts and copy of Degree to verify my undergrad education in India
Aug 4 - Kroll contacted me regarding not being able to verify my employment
Aug 6 - Kroll asked for my pay stub, W2, etc.. I was only able to send my pay stub immediately and I received this reply "Thank you for your prompt response. I am happy to tell you your service is now complete. And I will not need any salary documents."

Does this mean I am cleared?!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2008, 14:38

Terrified, modified, petrified!!! : )))

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2008, 14:52
You know what? I was looking at today's posts and it took me a while to figure out whom you guys were talking about. Who's WhyLangone? Finally I figured out it was me!!! Hohoho... : )))

Thanks for tolerating different voices from me.

I won't give up my plan to push Langone's career services to make improvements although I don't really need them. I simply think it's not fair for NYU to provide such a treatment to Langone students who are paying 100K and receive little return from their career office.

Whylangone wrote:

Terrified, modified, petrified!!! : )))

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008   [#permalink] 06 Aug 2008, 14:52

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  43   44   45   46   47   48   49  ...  60    Next  [ 1200 posts ] 

NYU Langone Fall 2008

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap