It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 08:29

Live Now:

GMAT Verbal Live on YouTube: Join Now!


Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYU Langone Fall 2008

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2008
Posts: 40

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2008, 06:45
bozo190101 wrote:
So i finally got my degree from India and have sent it to NYU. Do you guys think they will still consider this for review? They had sent an email to me saying they would not process my application till I did not send the degree. Any thoughts?


Bozo, glad to know you got the degree now after all the trouble you went through. I am sure they'd consider your application for review now. My guess is, if your essays and reco are strong, they might just make you an offer this week itself as they probably were just waiting to see your degree to finalize your admission. I hope that is the case and good luck!!

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Posts: 72

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2008, 07:05
Still waiting on my Kroll - has anyone else heard anything yet?

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 2130

Kudos [?]: 152 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2008, 07:14
CFACharterholder22 wrote:
I'm surprised we haven't heard more responses. Kidderek, Holdontoit, have you heard anything?



Ooops, sorry. It feels weird saying this, since I am the thread starter, but I've decided to apply to the FT program instead. I just think it's a better fit for where I want to get to, career-wise.

But, I do want to stay abreast of everyone's progress here.

Kudos [?]: 152 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2004
Posts: 224

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2008, 07:25
mbaatbigapple wrote:
Bozo, glad to know you got the degree now after all the trouble you went through. I am sure they'd consider your application for review now. My guess is, if your essays and reco are strong, they might just make you an offer this week itself as they probably were just waiting to see your degree to finalize your admission. I hope that is the case and good luck!!


Thanks a ton for the encouragement mbaatbigapple..fingers crossed...
_________________

Believe in yourself.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 22

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2008, 07:43
bozo190101,
Glad you got your degree. Hope it was not too much of a hassle.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 91

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Location: New York, NY
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2008, 08:01
kidderek wrote:
CFACharterholder22 wrote:
I'm surprised we haven't heard more responses. Kidderek, Holdontoit, have you heard anything?



Ooops, sorry. It feels weird saying this, since I am the thread starter, but I've decided to apply to the FT program instead. I just think it's a better fit for where I want to get to, career-wise.

But, I do want to stay abreast of everyone's progress here.


I'm confused. Did you ever submit an application? Did you submit it and then withdraw it, get dinged, waitlisted, accepted and then withdraw the application or anything like that? If you did submit and then withdraw it, are you worried that the essays you wrote about why PT was a good fit will harm your chances when you apply for FT at Stern? Were there any additional reasons you chose to change your mind? I remember you saying something like you were doing PT because you didn't want to live like a student among other things. What happened?
_________________

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient but I do love Fig Newtons!

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2004
Posts: 224

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2008, 08:04
rskaushik wrote:
bozo190101,
Glad you got your degree. Hope it was not too much of a hassle.


It was a complete nightmare..but it's all done now. All I am hoping for is that I get the admit. :roll:
_________________

Believe in yourself.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 2130

Kudos [?]: 152 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2008, 08:12
CFACharterholder22 wrote:
kidderek wrote:
CFACharterholder22 wrote:
I'm surprised we haven't heard more responses. Kidderek, Holdontoit, have you heard anything?



Ooops, sorry. It feels weird saying this, since I am the thread starter, but I've decided to apply to the FT program instead. I just think it's a better fit for where I want to get to, career-wise.

But, I do want to stay abreast of everyone's progress here.


I'm confused. Did you ever submit an application? Did you submit it and then withdraw it, get dinged, waitlisted, accepted and then withdraw the application or anything like that? If you did submit and then withdraw it, are you worried that the essays you wrote about why PT was a good fit will harm your chances when you apply for FT at Stern? Were there any additional reasons you chose to change your mind? I remember you saying something like you were doing PT because you didn't want to live like a student among other things. What happened?


Never submitted. I need the career services and despite the new program instituted for the Langone student, the success rate is still quite poor. It's just very difficult for me to justify paying the same tuition for fewer opportunities.

Kudos [?]: 152 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 91

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Location: New York, NY
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2008, 08:37
Quote:
Never submitted. I need the career services and despite the new program instituted for the Langone student, the success rate is still quite poor. It's just very difficult for me to justify paying the same tuition for fewer opportunities.


If I were career switching, I would DEFINITELY be going FT too. I don't need the career services office at all so Langone makes sense for me.

What schools are you applying to? I would assume you're applying in R1 across the board. How much work have you done so far? Are you worried that you won't even start classes until Sept of 2009 now?

Since you didn't apply, I'm taking you off the applicant list. Good luck with everything in the FT process and thanks for starting this thread!
_________________

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient but I do love Fig Newtons!

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2008
Posts: 57

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2008, 09:01
Good luck for your FT application. Thank you for accompanying us for so long.

Can anybody please upate the DB? thanks.

Last edited by welldone2008 on 04 Aug 2008, 09:11, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Jul 2008
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2008, 09:10
CFACharterholder22 wrote:
Quote:
Never submitted. I need the career services and despite the new program instituted for the Langone student, the success rate is still quite poor. It's just very difficult for me to justify paying the same tuition for fewer opportunities.


Just found out Businessweek ranked NYU Part-Time Program 25th! Isn't it ridiculous?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2008
Posts: 57

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2008, 09:12
Are you sure? which organizatin ranked it 1st?

JerseyBoy wrote:
CFACharterholder22 wrote:
Quote:
Never submitted. I need the career services and despite the new program instituted for the Langone student, the success rate is still quite poor. It's just very difficult for me to justify paying the same tuition for fewer opportunities.


Just found out Businessweek ranked NYU Part-Time Program 25th! Isn't it ridiculous?

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 91

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Location: New York, NY
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2008, 09:13
The database is still at 375 right now. Did anyone on this list hear anything yet? These are the people that are on the applicant list and are still waiting or just haven't updated their status. Good luck to all!

Name---Date of last post
langone08---03/29
SMOOTH OPERATOR---04/01
antihero---04/10
neelesh---04/28
axion1565---06/02
MBALooking---07/03
nyuorpace---07/11
latrellrox---07/17
holdontoit---07/31

p474295#p474295
_________________

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient but I do love Fig Newtons!


Last edited by CFACharterholder22 on 05 Aug 2008, 07:59, edited 2 times in total.

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Jul 2008
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2008, 09:23
welldone2008 wrote:
Are you sure? which organizatin ranked it 1st?



USNews ranked Langone No. 1 in the nation.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Posts: 12

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2008, 09:45
Got in on Friday, about a week after I sent my most recent GMAT score. Everything else was in by May 15.

Anyone have any idea what the first payment is, and when? (Aside from the initial $1000 of course)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2008
Posts: 57

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2008, 10:16
congratulation!

2MuchFun wrote:
Got in on Friday, about a week after I sent my most recent GMAT score. Everything else was in by May 15.

Anyone have any idea what the first payment is, and when? (Aside from the initial $1000 of course)

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 91

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Location: New York, NY
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2008, 11:44
2MuchFun wrote:
Got in on Friday, about a week after I sent my most recent GMAT score. Everything else was in by May 15.

Anyone have any idea what the first payment is, and when? (Aside from the initial $1000 of course)


Do you mind sharing your updated GMAT score? I can add it to the analysis of the wait.

Also, the database is at 393 right now.
_________________

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient but I do love Fig Newtons!

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 51

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2008, 13:03
2muchfun

Did they get back to you after you sent your official GMAT score. How long did Pearson take to send the official score to NYU. I retook my test last week and sent NYU the unofficial report. I am not sure when they'll receive the official score.

Thanks

2MuchFun wrote:
Got in on Friday, about a week after I sent my most recent GMAT score. Everything else was in by May 15.

Anyone have any idea what the first payment is, and when? (Aside from the initial $1000 of course)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Posts: 12

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2008, 14:15
The most recent score was the 650.

It only took about 4 or 5 business days for them to get my official score. Not too bad.

I thought AdCom was a pleasure to work with.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2004
Posts: 224

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2008, 14:16
What number did u use for Adcom? I called someone this morning and they were really rude.
_________________

Believe in yourself.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008   [#permalink] 04 Aug 2008, 14:16

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  41   42   43   44   45   46   47  ...  60    Next  [ 1200 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

NYU Langone Fall 2008

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.