Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]
Thanks! I actually was writing a post as you were posting that.

Quote:
Does anyone know what the 80/80 split means? I've seen that term before but I've never seen it defined.

When I found the definition, I was like DUH!! It's the 80th percentile on both the quantitative and the verbal sections of the GMAT. They would rather see 80Q/80V than 99Q/65V. I was 89Q/93V. It sounds like you don't really need to go that high as long as you reach 80 on both.

One cool thing I found was the course evaluations for the courses you're looking at. Go here:
https://w4.stern.nyu.edu/registrar/cours ... doc_id=655

You need your netid and password to see it. I'm in the Blue Group so I'm taking this:
B01.1303.11 FIRMS & MARKETS with Baccara, Mariagiovanna
B01.1306.11 FIN ACCOUNTING & REPORTNG with Ronen, Joshua.

Firms and Markets looks like it received good marks. Financial Accounting was a mix of A's and B's.

Originally posted by CFACharterholder22 on 01 Aug 2008, 06:18.
Last edited by CFACharterholder22 on 01 Aug 2008, 07:13, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
last days is coming...... :!:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
CFACharterholder22 wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that yubjun. Don't let it get you so down that you don't reapply. Langone really likes re-applicants if they work hard to improve.

I was reading the Wharton 2008 thread yesterday and one line in the thread was pretty interesting:

Quote:
1. I was really impressed with Wharton network.
………
7. They dinged more than 900 people with 760+ GMAT last year. They also dinged a guy who got 800 two times. Guy is not crazy. The guy took first GMAT more than 6 years back.

Here is the post in it's entirety:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/p367122#p367122

I knew this to be true be when it's put like that it really drives the point home. A bad GMAT can keep you out of the top schools but a great one doesn't get you in. Getting in is more than just a numbers game. Does anyone know what the 80/80 split means? I've seen that term before but I've never seen it defined.

This was interesting as well:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/p377426#p377426

Ya dude, there's no doubt I'm reapplying. This was a half-expected result anyway, so I'm not devasted or anything. That's interesting about 80/80. I guess that means I'll have to concentrate on Verbal as much as I can, when I re-study..

Good luck guys at the school in Fall, and hope to see you there in the spring!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hi, what is latest DB count?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am not able to see if i was admited to my #1 group choice (it was blue btw). It sais that there is a problem with my ID. I sent an email and they replayed saying that I wouldnt be able to find out until the end of august. I dont get it! How are you guys able to see it?

Also I tried to see the course evaluation and it seems the password that i have been using didnt work for that. What am i doing wrong?

And finally: When are we going to hear from kroll? it's been a month already and the fact that some people have heard already is not helping. I called NYU and they said it takes time, but that no news are good news, however the waiting is killing me!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Latest DB count: 375
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DB = 375 at 12:25pm
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Kudos
langonefall2008 wrote:
I am not able to see if i was admited to my #1 group choice (it was blue btw). It sais that there is a problem with my ID. I sent an email and they replayed saying that I wouldnt be able to find out until the end of august. I dont get it! How are you guys able to see it?

Also I tried to see the course evaluation and it seems the password that i have been using didnt work for that. What am i doing wrong?

And finally: When are we going to hear from kroll? it's been a month already and the fact that some people have heard already is not helping. I called NYU and they said it takes time, but that no news are good news, however the waiting is killing me!

I was so confused when I read this because langonefall08 just got waitlisted. Note langonefall08 is not the same as langonefall2008. Langonefall2008, would you mind sharing your stats and admission date so I can put it on the list?

For the course evaluation, you need your netid and your password associated with that id. To get your NetID, go to the new student tour. On the opening page in the middle, you'll see a link called Learn your NetID. Click that, the you have to go activate it. This gives you the password you need to access the other sites. The password will not be the same as the password you've been using to access the new student tour. You also need that information to see which group you are in. You go here:
https://ais.stern.nyu.edu/

Login with the NetID and pwd and then on the left hand side you'll see Remaining Requirements. Click that and wait for it to compile. When it finishes, you should be able to see which courses you are in. This information can be used to figure out which core group you are in. If you are in Tuesday Firms and Markets and Thursday Accounting, that's the blue group.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [0]
 Q48  V34
Send PM
CFACharterholder22 wrote:
jaxel79 wrote:
Jaxel79, I noticed you never posted your stats. Care to share?

The current database count is 375.

Here is the list and the Ranks file is attached.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/p474295#p474295

CFACharterholder22, you are doing a great job. kudos to you.

cheers!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
That is what i did. When i go to the remaining requirements I get the following:

Sorry, but there appears to a problem with your ID.
It does not have the proper group membership to access this page. If you feel this is incorrect, please contact the Langone Office to report this problem. You may contact the office in any of the following manners:
langone@stern.nyu.edu
(212) 998-0590
Kaufman Center, 44 West 4th Street, Suite 1-75

I contacted them and they said this:

New students beginning in Fall 2008 have not yet been assigned Core groups nor do they have any pages set up in AIS to verify their schedules. You will be able to view your Fall 2008 schedule via the New Student Tour in late-August/early-September once Core groups have been assigned.
See you at Pre-Term!
The Langone Program Office

Any idea why i cant see my courses? Starting to freak out!

My statistics:

Admitted July 2nd
GMAT 650 (tood it twice and i improved considerable)
underg. GPA 3.9 (from international engineering school)
grad. GPA 3.95 (same school)
several extracurricular activities
6 years of working experience (good progession on titel and salary)

My biggest concern right now is with kroll. I am pretty sure that my undergraduate institution will not release any information to anybody but me, so i am getting worried that this may be holding me.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
waitlisted :evil:
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Sorry to hear that welldone.

langonefall2008, I have no idea why your stuff doesn't work. Mine started working a week after I was admitted. I don't think it has to do with Kroll, because I had access long before I was confirmed. Strange.

Here is the updated list:
p474295#p474295
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
langonefall2008 wrote:

If the db count is 375 (plus 50 say ) why are we on the waitlist. I mean what's the thinking behind this....anyone knows really what happens with the process ? like, how do they review from here.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
langonefall2008 wrote:
My biggest concern right now is with kroll. I am pretty sure that my undergraduate institution will not release any information to anybody but me, so i am getting worried that this may be holding me.

I agree with CFA, That you cant see your casses probably has nothing to do with Kroll.
I don’t think Kroll even checks undergrad for NYU, though I am just making an educated guess.

I too have also been waiting over a month for Kroll, and they had to request documents and such from me… but it didn’t affect my ability to see information. I don’t think there’s a link between Kroll and the student information thing. Probably, the registrar just didnt add you to the system yet. No big deal.

If you haven’t heard back from Kroll, then everything is probably OK. They –will- contact you if they can’t find something or there is a problem. If you haven't heard from them in a month, then I don't think you have any issue.

By the way, you did activate your net ID, right?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
langonefall08 wrote:
langonefall2008 wrote:

If the db count is 375 (plus 50 say ) why are we on the waitlist. I mean what's the thinking behind this....anyone knows really what happens with the process ? like, how do they review from here.

Check out this, from last year: https://gmatclub.com/forum/p354119#p354119... 2 gmat clubbers got off the waitlist on Aug 9th.

So there is hope, but also, don't forget that the spring app deadline is only 6 weeks away.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I actually heard from Kroll India. They want payslips(first and last) from the company I left 10 years ago. I was with them for about a year. I had no idea payslips would be this important a decade down the line. What I sent Kroll from that company was a certificate on company letter head that specifies start and end date and reason for leaving with the Sr Training Manager's signature(since this was officially "training"). He and my actual supervisor are no longer with the company and I do not have their contact details.
I doubt if even the company(actually a major one in India) would retain records from that long ago. The certificate has the company's contact# that I would imagine has changed.
I am at my wits end. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by rskaushik on 01 Aug 2008, 11:15.
Last edited by rskaushik on 01 Aug 2008, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes I activated.

I was contacted by Kroll a couple of days after i fax the realese form. They wanted to have some documentation from my undergraduate institution. I spoke to the lady after i sent the documents and she said that she has been trying to reach my school but with not success. Then I decided to call my school myself and see if i could convince them to give that information. When i called i found that the main phone number, the one listed on the website doesn't work (I am not kidding). I finally got through using all kind of resources, and they told me that this kind of information only can be release to the student. That is why i am freaking out. I imagine that if there is something worng they would call me, but at the same time, I feel that they may keep trying to reach my university and either they will never be able to or if they finally are, they will dont get any information.

I called again to the lady at krolland she siad they cannot release the status of your case.

so waiting, waiting, waiting.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  39   40   41   42   43   44   45  ...  60