Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:13 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1574 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]
Thanks for the pointer bkk. They hadn't outsourced at least back then. I'll try and see if I can find out.
On the other hand, I'm a little surprised we are even having to provide documents. Isn't Kroll this top notch(almost a secret service!) agency that does solid research(read: actually doing the legwork to go to the institutions/companies when they have been provided with all the data)? I mean, we paid a 100 big ones for this! All this sounds more like adjudication than verification.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
I'm surprised we haven't heard more responses. Kidderek, Holdontoit, have you heard anything?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1574 [0]
Send PM
rskaushik wrote:
Thanks for the pointer bkk. They hadn't outsourced at least back then. I'll try and see if I can find out.
On the other hand, I'm a little surprised we are even having to provide documents. Isn't Kroll this top notch(almost a secret service!) agency that does solid research(read: actually doing the legwork to go to the institutions/companies when they have been provided with all the data)? I mean, we paid a 100 big ones for this! All this sounds more like adjudication than verification.

Yea, employment data should be Kroll expertise though I am not sure how this work in India. Imagine the guy that contacted you is enjoying a nice $100 dinner with his friend ordering $100 wine from my pocket waiting for you to get him his stuff. :twisted:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
langonefall2008 wrote:
That is what i did. When i go to the remaining requirements I get the following:

Sorry, but there appears to a problem with your ID.
It does not have the proper group membership to access this page. If you feel this is incorrect, please contact the Langone Office to report this problem. You may contact the office in any of the following manners:
langone@stern.nyu.edu
(212) 998-0590
Kaufman Center, 44 West 4th Street, Suite 1-75

I get the same message when I try that link. I assumed it would be activated after we register for classes and they complete processing our registration.

CFA22/Tenore, can you guys tell if you got this access AFTER you sent in your registration?

However, I would agree with other folks in that this has nothing to do with Kroll results.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
With all this Kroll nonsense, we should start including "Date of Kroll Notification" to our stats list! :P

Umm...what is it now? Just ONE person from our group that has heard back? This is crazy...I would like to take the "no news is good news" stance, but I also don't like to jinx myself!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Tenore wrote:
langonefall08 wrote:
langonefall2008 wrote:
DB = 375 at 12:25pm
DB = 375 at 12:25pm

If the db count is 375 (plus 50 say ) why are we on the waitlist. I mean what's the thinking behind this....anyone knows really what happens with the process ? like, how do they review from here.

Check out this, from last year: https://gmatclub.com/forum/post354119.html#p354119... 2 gmat clubbers got off the waitlist on Aug 9th.

So there is hope, but also, don't forget that the spring app deadline is only 6 weeks away.

Are you serious? Dang, I really don't have much time left..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbaatbigapple wrote:
langonefall2008 wrote:
CFA22/Tenore, can you guys tell if you got this access AFTER you sent in your registration?

Yes, after.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I followed the waitlist FAQ suggestion and retake GMAT but can only get 20 pts more... 640 Q49V28. I don't expect I can improve my verbal in a few days anyway. I don't think my new score will help much. If I knew that I could submit new score after the deadline, I would have spent more time to study.....

Good luck to all that are still waiting!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
yubjun wrote:
Tenore wrote:

So there is hope, but also, don't forget that the spring app deadline is only 6 weeks away.

Yeah, it's faster than you'd think.
Maybe someone should start a Langone spring '09 thread!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[quote="langonefall2008"]That is what i did. When i go to the remaining requirements I get the following:

Sorry, but there appears to a problem with your ID.
It does not have the proper group membership to access this page. If you feel this is incorrect, please contact the Langone Office to report this problem. You may contact the office in any of the following manners:
langone@stern.nyu.edu
(212) 998-0590
Kaufman Center, 44 West 4th Street, Suite 1-75

I contacted them and they said this:

New students beginning in Fall 2008 have not yet been assigned Core groups nor do they have any pages set up in AIS to verify their schedules. You will be able to view your Fall 2008 schedule via the New Student Tour in late-August/early-September once Core groups have been assigned.
See you at Pre-Term!
The Langone Program Office

Any idea why i cant see my courses? Starting to freak out!

For those having trouble with their passwords on the AIS page, I received the same message as recently as last night but I am able to access the remaining requirements portion now....I registered on Tuesday night if that helps you figure out when you should have access.
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V39
Send PM
Does anyone have the newest DB count?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DB count has been at 375 since noon.

Jerseygirl,
With your profile I'd wager you stand a great chance of getting off the waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rskaushik wrote:

Jerseygirl,
With your profile I'd wager you stand a great chance of getting off the waitlist.

Yes, I agree. Jerseygirl should have a great chance.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Tenore wrote:
yubjun wrote:
Tenore wrote:

Yeah, it's faster than you'd think.
Maybe someone should start a Langone spring '09 thread!

Done!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
To folks who have already registered: Do we have to register and pay by Aug 11 to avoid late fee? Or, we are fine until Sep 17? How long did they take to assign the core groups once you submitted your preferences?

I am able to access (using my netid) all the relevant applications (SIMON, email, blackboard etc.) except the courses evaluations webpage. I activated my netid just few hours back though. Any suggestions?

I also received an email from Kroll India regarding my UG transcripts couple of days back. They wanted me to send them a copy of my UG degree (front and back). I am currently traveling and my original degree is back in the States. I called them up (luckily it was local call for me as I was in Delhi that time :)) and explained that I won't be able to provide a copy of the back side of the degree (I had a scanned copy of the front side). They asked me to send whatever I had.
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V39
Send PM
JerseyBoy wrote:
rskaushik wrote:

Jerseygirl,

Yes, I agree. Jerseygirl should have a great chance.

After a girls' night out at AC and support from JerseyBoy and rskaushik, I am actually in a really good mood. Thanks :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
So i finally got my degree from India and have sent it to NYU. Do you guys think they will still consider this for review? They had sent an email to me saying they would not process my application till I did not send the degree. Any thoughts?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  40   41   42   43   44   45   46  ...  60