Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:02 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 282 [1]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: General MBA
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 916
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V44
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2468 [0]
Given Kudos: 185
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 560 Q38 V30
Send PM
Re: The Best GMAT CAT Practice Tests [#permalink]
Hey guys,

I have one question. On the Manhattan GMAT page it says that 1 year online access to 6 CAT exams is $49.00. But it also says that with the purchase of a Manhattan GMAT book you also get 1 year access to 6 Computer Adaptive Practice Exams ("Your online resources will be activated immediately after your purchase and available for one year from that date."). So if i were to purchase a single book (lets say the new Sixth Ed. - Algebra) for $23.00, would I get the book plus the 1 year access to 6 CAT exams?

Im just asking because to me, it doesnt make sense to buy 6 CAT Exams for the price of 49.00, when you can get a book plus 6 CAT exams for less than half the price..

Any clue why that is the case ?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi maxville23,

This sounds like a question that is probably best answered by Manhattan GMAT's customer service team. Have you tried contacting them (through email or phone)?

As to "why" such a 'deal' would be in place, my guess is that it helps to sell books.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Kudos
Students of the GMAT PILL Practice Test generally report scores within +- 30 points of what they are getting on GMATPrep tests. We do offer this test free of charge, but paid access will provide you video explanations for each question.

www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-test/practice-test
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 7775 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
GMAT 2: 780  Q50  V50
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes, you do get access to all 6 exams when you buy a book. That's the deal to go for! :)

However, I strongly suggest that you *don't* go forward with your plan of taking so many tests. You need time in between each test to study and practice. Just doing test after test is not an effective way to improve. Believe me--I've tutored many students who have already tried this approach. They usually end up frustrated, and to make things worse they are left with no way to accurately assess their readiness for the exam!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi DmitryFarber
My GMAT is on 5th April and i am scoring somewhere between 550-560 in the practice test which i have given so far...I am planning to buy MGMAT 6 online test.Do you suggest giving those test 15 days before the exam date to improve in quant.I gave one free test today of MGMAT and scored 550( Q-37 V-29) and my target score is 620-650.

Kindly assist me with the same.
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 7775 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
GMAT 2: 780  Q50  V50
Send PM
Expert Reply
I don't typically recommend taking more than one test per week. If your test is in one month, I'd start taking them now! Each week, review the latest CAT and use it to guide your study for the following week. As you go along with our exams, you can also run assessment reports that combine multiple CATs for a more useful level of data.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 127
Send PM
DmitryFarber wrote:
Yes, you do get access to all 6 exams when you buy a book. That's the deal to go for! :)

However, I strongly suggest that you *don't* go forward with your plan of taking so many tests. You need time in between each test to study and practice. Just doing test after test is not an effective way to improve. Believe me--I've tutored many students who have already tried this approach. They usually end up frustrated, and to make things worse they are left with no way to accurately assess their readiness for the exam!

Hi DmitryFarber, could you please explain if there is any difference in the validity of the tests when bought directly from the Manhattan website and when purchased as a strategy guide? I heard it varies from 6 months to one year.

Thanks in advance.
GMAT Club Bot