Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 09:38 It is currently 02 May 2024, 09:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2013
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Shobhit,

Any information from the horse's mouth would calm the nerves, I guess. So if you could check with the financial aid office, that would be very helpful. Thanks in advance. And if it's true that they do offer loans without co-signors, may be they should make it clear on the website as well for the benefit of all international candidates. Just a suggestion.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Send PM
onechance wrote:
Shobhit,

Any information from the horse's mouth would calm the nerves, I guess. So if you could check with the financial aid office, that would be very helpful. Thanks in advance. And if it's true that they do offer loans without co-signors, may be they should make it clear on the website as well for the benefit of all international candidates. Just a suggestion.

I had the same problem as you. Realized in the end that most schools that I've applied to do not offer loan to international students without a co-signer. I've read everything available on Kellogg's website and the only information I could find is that for you to get a loan you need a co-signer, but it can be someone from your own country, which make things easier.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys,

I had received a waiver 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything from Kellogg since then. I know atleast 6 other guys from Bangalore who received a waiver around the same time but no communication since then.

Not sure what to make of that. Any pointers?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
vicky615 wrote:
Guys,

I had received a waiver 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything from Kellogg since then. I know atleast 6 other guys from Bangalore who received a waiver around the same time but no communication since then.

Not sure what to make of that. Any pointers?

Just wait. That's all you can do right now. Kellogg is reviewing your app and if they are interested they will contact you for an interview.

I know it's a tough time but try to just distract yourself with other things. Kellogg can invite you for an interview up to 10-14 from the final decision day.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Other
Send PM
In for R2.
Sorry guys for confusion, just wanted to say that I applied in R2 and as all of you I am waiting for the decision.

Originally posted by Milenochka on 27 Feb 2012, 22:10.
Last edited by Milenochka on 28 Feb 2012, 02:27, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.45
WE:Marketing (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Wow that's fast!! The results are out already?also may I ask how many interviews you went through?thanks!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi, Milen

Did you get the result from Kellogg? I have heard that Kellogg adopted semi-rolling process but it's much faster than expected.
Anyway, congratulations on you and finger crossed for everyone who is waiting for the good news.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ss87 wrote:
Wow that's fast!! The results are out already?also may I ask how many interviews you went through?thanks!

Posted from my mobile device

Sorry for confusion, I was saying that I applied in R2 :) Waiting for the decision.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
blueridge wrote:
Hi, Milen

Did you get the result from Kellogg? I have heard that Kellogg adopted semi-rolling process but it's much faster than expected.
Anyway, congratulations on you and finger crossed for everyone who is waiting for the good news.

Hi, sorry. I've made corrections to my previous post. I applied in R2 and waiting for the decision.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey,

I dont think the policy has changed, but can check here with the financial aid office. As far as i remember last year as well the financial aid web-page was unclear but in reality Kellogg offers financial aid to international applicants. You dont necessarily need a US co-signer, international co-signers (people not based in US or without US credit history) work perfectly well. Let me know if you have any other questions

Shobhit[/quote]

Hi Shobhit, any word from the Financial Aid office on the availability of non-cosignor loans for internationals?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
onechance wrote:
Hey,

I dont think the policy has changed, but can check here with the financial aid office. As far as i remember last year as well the financial aid web-page was unclear but in reality Kellogg offers financial aid to international applicants. You dont necessarily need a US co-signer, international co-signers (people not based in US or without US credit history) work perfectly well. Let me know if you have any other questions

Shobhit

Hi Shobhit, any word from the Financial Aid office on the availability of non-cosignor loans for internationals?[/quote]

Hi onechance,

This is a big misconception about Kellogg. A lot of international students are in the process of applying for a loan with Kellogg and it is really a simple process. Please check the link below:

https://bit.ly/xN0WOk

The only downside to this loan is that the interest rate is 7.5%; otherwise it is as normal as any other loan.

Regards,
Shekmba
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shekmba wrote:
onechance wrote:

Hi Shobhit, any word from the Financial Aid office on the availability of non-cosignor loans for internationals?

Hi onechance,

This is a big misconception about Kellogg. A lot of international students are in the process of applying for a loan with Kellogg and it is really a simple process. Please check the link below:

https://bit.ly/xN0WOk

The only downside to this loan is that the interest rate is 7.5%; otherwise it is as normal as any other loan.

Regards,
Shekmba

@onechance: No change in the policy this year. I guess Kellogg needs to do a better job of clarifying this misconception.

Shobhit
https://myhotseat.co/users/sign_up
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
I had my off campus interview recently. It was at a restaurant with a sweet ocean view and lasted for about 1 hr 45 min. The alum was friendly and interesting as you would expect from Kellogg. After a few minutes of small talk mostly about the weather (we were in the middle of what is called a "storm" in these parts) we dove straight into the questions. The tone was rather informal and we went through every inch of my resume: explaining transitions, delving into details at certain spots and explaining why I thought I was promoted at a couple of instances.

The rest of the questions were mostly along expected lines: about leadership both at work and outside, teamwork with good and bad outcomes, my areas of improvement etc. There were a couple of less common ones:
1) What leaders do you look up to and why? What are top 3 qualities of a good leader in your opinion and how do you rate yourself on those?
2) Why do you think people that are well educated and accomplished are sometimes bad communicators (this was a follow-up to my response to the question above).

Overall, I thought the interview went well and this feeling was corroborated to an extent with the prompt and positive response I got from the interviewer to my "thank you" note the following day.

Now I need to find something shiny to distract myself with for the next month!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
Send PM
healthcareguy wrote:
I had my off campus interview recently. It was at a restaurant with a sweet ocean view and lasted for about 1 hr 45 min. The alum was friendly and interesting as you would expect from Kellogg. After a few minutes of small talk mostly about the weather (we were in the middle of what is called a "storm" in these parts) we dove straight into the questions. The tone was rather informal and we went through every inch of my resume: explaining transitions, delving into details at certain spots and explaining why I thought I was promoted at a couple of instances.

The rest of the questions were mostly along expected lines: about leadership both at work and outside, teamwork with good and bad outcomes, my areas of improvement etc. There were a couple of less common ones:
1) What leaders do you look up to and why? What are top 3 qualities of a good leader in your opinion and how do you rate yourself on those?
2) Why do you think people that are well educated and accomplished are sometimes bad communicators (this was a follow-up to my response to the question above).

Overall, I thought the interview went well and this feeling was corroborated to an extent with the prompt and positive response I got from the interviewer to my "thank you" note the following day.

Wow an hour and 45 minutes. Sounds like you held your own. Congrats on being done. A month is nothing to wait (and based on Round 1 calls started coming out a week before the final date). I interviewed back in mid January. Talk about a long wait!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi All,
Thanks so much for making GMAT Club the place for MBA-ers,
On Kellogg phone interviews, mine is scheduled for this Friday. Wondering wether I should send a thank you not to the general adcom email, or just leave it, I am also concerned I may not be able to clearly capture the spelling of my interviewer's name.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
Consulting2Finance wrote:
healthcareguy wrote:
I had my off campus interview recently. It was at a restaurant with a sweet ocean view and lasted for about 1 hr 45 min.

Wow an hour and 45 minutes. Sounds like you held your own. Congrats on being done. A month is nothing to wait (and based on Round 1 calls started coming out a week before the final date). I interviewed back in mid January. Talk about a long wait!

Thanks, yeah I realize there are others that have been waiting for much longer. I know it technically doesn't matter but there is something disconcerting about that fact that they probably are reviewing my file this week or the next while they have already looked at the majority of the other applications. It's like being the last one to show up to class, you always wonder if you missed something :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
cymin wrote:
Hi All,
Thanks so much for making GMAT Club the place for MBA-ers,
On Kellogg phone interviews, mine is scheduled for this Friday. Wondering wether I should send a thank you not to the general adcom email, or just leave it, I am also concerned I may not be able to clearly capture the spelling of my interviewer's name.

No need to send the adcom a thank you note for the interview invite. If you can get your interviewer's contact info feel free to send a short thank you.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  73   74   75   76   77   78   79  ...  97   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts