Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:59 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Darden '14
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Hey Guys,

I had a strange interview experience. It was held at Airport (am an international applicant). My interviewer was very busy so I was called at airport and told that the interview wud be happening in a car as she had to reach somewhere soon. Then interview started on airport itself when she got out of airport .. as she started asking what I do there itself .. (with people going around us, with their baggages and excuse mes and other distractions also occuring like calling driver for car .. amidst my answer of work I do ... ) and then after 5-10 minutes we got into the car. In the car it was better but still I got the feeling that a better setting might would have helped. I was getting distracted a bit by traffic and had to turn to look at her and reply. Well I was able to reply most of her answers as I had prepared but never felt great about interview, also sent her a thanku not and didnt get a reply (well she was not replying to my mails earlier also). Dont know what to make of this interview (most questions were standard, and I had prepared for them ... but really no idea how the vibe went and how much the interview matters for in Kellogg ..

Please throw some light on it. Also please tell if you feel I should be informing adcom about this interview .. as I felt I could have done better had it been in a restaurant .. Can anything help my cause now ..
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
sumitmanu wrote:
Hey Guys,

I had a strange interview experience. It was held at Airport (am an international applicant). My interviewer was very busy so I was called at airport and told that the interview wud be happening in a car as she had to reach somewhere soon. Then interview started on airport itself when she got out of airport .. as she started asking what I do there itself .. (with people going around us, with their baggages and excuse mes and other distractions also occuring like calling driver for car .. amidst my answer of work I do ... ) and then after 5-10 minutes we got into the car. In the car it was better but still I got the feeling that a better setting might would have helped. I was getting distracted a bit by traffic and had to turn to look at her and reply. Well I was able to reply most of her answers as I had prepared but never felt great about interview, also sent her a thanku not and didnt get a reply (well she was not replying to my mails earlier also). Dont know what to make of this interview (most questions were standard, and I had prepared for them ... but really no idea how the vibe went and how much the interview matters for in Kellogg ..

Please throw some light on it. Also please tell if you feel I should be informing adcom about this interview .. as I felt I could have done better had it been in a restaurant .. Can anything help my cause now ..

Wow.... what an experience! That's very odd from what I know. Hopefully someone else here can shed some light. Please do let us know how it works out.... I'm extremely interested.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
sumitmanu wrote:
Hey Guys,

Although the questions may have been standard, I'd say the interview that you went through was more of a stress interview, which puts an interviewee in an unusual or "stressfui" situation where an interviewer observes how interviewee handles him/herself. Seems like you handled yourself pretty well despite all the distractions.

I don't know, but if my interviewer switched up on me like that, I'd have sent an email to the school and request a waiver or something. If waiver was not a possible, well, I'd still inform the school of what happened (or in this case, I think the interviewer, as a courtesy, should mention something to the school on your behalf).

Mine was unusual, too, but nothing like what you went through. My interviewer asked, or rather challenged, as to why I want an MBA, etc. He was also late and my interview ended in like 25 mins because he was pretty busy. No response to a thank you email either. Some people are just busy, but I don't think that should negatively effect your chance of getting accepted if you answered the questions asked in organized, clear, and consistent manner.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 774 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
hey guys! anyone got an interview invite after a waiver from ind? Also any suggestions on what one should do in this period of waiting? Is it advisable to get in touch with the adcom to reinforce our interest in the college?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
sumitmanu wrote:
Hey Guys,

Wow! I've never heard of anything like this before. When I read this the first thing I thought was, "that's totally inappropriate for an interview." You don't make a candidate follow you through an airport and drive with you wherever while conducting an interview. This isn't the movie Wall Street. You're not some eager kid looking for a shot at the big leagues who tracks down a CEO and only has 5 minutes in the back of a limo to seal the deal. Okay, obviously I watch too many movies, but you get my point.

While other people have interviews in coffee shops, offices, restaurants, and at Kellogg you had to interview in a place with a million and one distractions. If your interviewer had to travel then the interview should've been rescheduled. Kellogg really needs to keep a tighter rein on its alum interviewers. I would definitely let the adcom know what happened. Even if you don't get to reinterview it might help them get tighter guidelines for how alum interviews are to be conducted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Does Kellogg give admissions offer only on the last day that is 26th or does it trickle down in time.. I got an alternate offer and I need to deposit money by 23rd of March...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:Wharton R2 (Int), Columbia (Ding), Kellogg R2, Duke R2 (Int)
WE 1: International Development (2 years)
WE 2: Ibanking (3.5 years)
Send PM
They spread them out over time.

soumyakantdash wrote:
Does Kellogg give admissions offer only on the last day that is 26th or does it trickle down in time.. I got an alternate offer and I need to deposit money by 23rd of March...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
soumyakantdash wrote:

I'm in the exactly same situation. Is that MIT you're taking about? because I also have to make the deposit till 23 March and in my case the other option is Sloan. I would still prefer MIT though, but it's hard to make up your mind when you don't have all the info at hand :-/
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
soumyakantdash wrote:

In round 1 it looked like calls start coming in a week before the decision date, but a fair amount were on the decision date or a day before.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vibhav wrote:
hey guys! anyone got an interview invite after a waiver from ind? Also any suggestions on what one should do in this period of waiting? Is it advisable to get in touch with the adcom to reinforce our interest in the college?

Vibhav,

I just received an interview invite. I had got my waiver in mid Feb. I am from Bangalore.

I have been asked to call the adcom by Wednesday to schedule an interview this week.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I also got an interview call just now. Asked to contact admissions by Wednesday. Got a waiver in Feb. Based in Gurgaon
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,
Anyone get a status update on their application after the interview has been completed?

I see a generic message - "If your interview has been completed, the application has been submitted for review to the admissions committee. If your interview has not been conducted, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee upon completion of the interview"

I had interviewed in R1, but did not end up submitting my application until R2.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tempoguy wrote:
I also got an interview call just now. Asked to contact admissions by Wednesday. Got a waiver in Feb. Based in Gurgaon

Tempoguy & vicky615.. congratulations!! I'm sure you realize how good a news this is! You guys received the email on 5th March and have been asked to schedule an interview by 7th March? mind sharing your profiles?

Also any one from mumbai got similar invites?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Management and Strategy
Schools:Kellogg
GPA: 3.68
WE 1: 4 years Technology Consulting
Send PM
Hi masqueraderus - I've completed my interview as well. I submitted and interviewed in R2. I have had the same message before and after the interview, so I don't think there will be a new status till decision time.

masqueraderus wrote:
Hi,
Anyone get a status update on their application after the interview has been completed?

I see a generic message - "If your interview has been completed, the application has been submitted for review to the admissions committee. If your interview has not been conducted, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee upon completion of the interview"

I had interviewed in R1, but did not end up submitting my application until R2.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@glpf - Thanks, this helps with the jitters! I guess in this wait period one tends to think that everything that can go wrong will!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, I also got the phone interview invitation.

Is there any body who knows about the procedure of this phone interview ?
(How long does it take ? What questions ?)

Thanks in advance
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kimsj0722 wrote:
Hi, I also got the phone interview invitation.

Is there any body who knows about the procedure of this phone interview ?
(How long does it take ? What questions ?)

Thanks in advance

hey kimsjo722 congrats! where are you located and when did you get the invite?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  74   75   76   77   78   79   80  ...  97   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts