Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 14:51 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 14:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: ASME
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GRE 1: Q790 V660
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
superunknownsg wrote:
catakiosk wrote:
Submitted my application last night. What's the typical wait time?

was very short for me, 3 weeks submission to decision, but that was certainly a function of the assessment day in New York coming up so soon afterwards, and then their delivering decisions shortly after the ADay.

Cool, congratulations!

How long did it take them to respond for an interview or ADay request? I'm assuming it was within that 3 week timeline. That's fairly quick. You must have hit all the right notes with your application and the timing must have been perfect.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
superunknownsg wrote:
catakiosk wrote:

was very short for me, 3 weeks submission to decision, but that was certainly a function of the assessment day in New York coming up so soon afterwards, and then their delivering decisions shortly after the ADay.

How many days after AD do they usually release decisions ? I'm going there on Saturday... Anyone else is going there too ?
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Strategy, Other
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
Lanthane wrote:
How many days after AD do they usually release decisions ? I'm going there on Saturday... Anyone else is going there too ?
I got my admit within a week of attending the AD in Barca. Ask the adcom members during your AD. This questions is almost guaranteed to come up during the AD.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
catakiosk wrote:
superunknownsg wrote:
catakiosk wrote:

Cool, congratulations!

How long did it take them to respond for an interview or ADay request? I'm assuming it was within that 3 week timeline. That's fairly quick. You must have hit all the right notes with your application and the timing must have been perfect.

a week, but again, it was a function of being in communication with admissions staff and timing in relation to the north american events
Intern
Intern
Send PM
When I submitted my application I received an auto response confirming the submission followed by another email saying they received the application. Unlike INSEAD, I haven't been assigned a contact person for my application or anything and it's been a little over a week since I submitted. What is the usual process here? Am I contacted by somebody in adcom who will "handle" my application on behalf of IESE?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
catakiosk wrote:
When I submitted my application I received an auto response confirming the submission followed by another email saying they received the application. Unlike INSEAD, I haven't been assigned a contact person for my application or anything and it's been a little over a week since I submitted. What is the usual process here? Am I contacted by somebody in adcom who will "handle" my application on behalf of IESE?

you should receive an email w/ a link & login info that lets you access their application tracker. an admin will also get in touch with you regarding invitations to intv/assessment day/etc. when the time comes, and I have directly communicated with that admin with any questions about my application and the process.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
superunknownsg wrote:
catakiosk wrote:

you should receive an email w/ a link & login info that lets you access their application tracker. an admin will also get in touch with you regarding invitations to intv/assessment day/etc. when the time comes, and I have directly communicated with that admin with any questions about my application and the process.

Thanks. I received a personal email this morning. I guess the application is formally in play now!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anybody know what the difference between a Process Interview and Personal Interview is? My adcom contact (Blanca) asked me to re-send my CV, photo and passport copy and replied saying that they'll provide me with potential dates for a Process Interview with an Admissions Director. Is this the same as the Personal Interview as described in the admissions process online?
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Strategy, Other
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
Process/Personal Interview - they are one and the same.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yup, just got invited to the interview. I've chosen the Interview Day/Case Study Presentation Day in NYC on April 26/27.

Do they invite every applicant for an interview or only those pre-selected? Just curious about what the competition is like in terms of number of people...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: International Business
Schools:IMD
Send PM
received the interview invite as well.....has anyone used VC centers in Dubai before? any suggestions?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
catakiosk wrote:
Yup, just got invited to the interview. I've chosen the Interview Day/Case Study Presentation Day in NYC on April 26/27.

Do they invite every applicant for an interview or only those pre-selected? Just curious about what the competition is like in terms of number of people...

if you google "businessweek iese admissions interview" the first link should be an intv from 2010, the numbers should be in the same ballpark 2 years later, 2000+ applicants, 800 intv invites
Intern
Intern
Send PM
superunknownsg wrote:
catakiosk wrote:

if you google "businessweek iese admissions interview" the first link should be an intv from 2010, the numbers should be in the same ballpark 2 years later, 2000+ applicants, 800 intv invites

Good! I feel special now. :-)

They reviewed my application so quickly that I assumed that they interviewed everybody...! Two months to interview and assessment day. Looking forward to it. Anybody else on this board attending the AD on April 28th in NYC?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
was interviewed today. looking forward to hearing the result...
meanwhile, does anybody know what is the average salary of the IESE students during summer internships, if any? some US schools provide such statistics, but the IESE does not...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 129 [0]
Send PM
ozwizard wrote:
meanwhile, does anybody know what is the average salary of the IESE students during summer internships, if any? some US schools provide such statistics, but the IESE does not...

Great News!!!Congrats..Would you mind sharing your profile..

Businessweek rankings does mention the avg internship salaries..But the rankings itself are old now..

You better ask one of the current students..
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
OptimusPrimea1 wrote:
ozwizard wrote:

Great News!!!Congrats..Would you mind sharing your profile..

Businessweek rankings does mention the avg internship salaries..But the rankings itself are old now..

You better ask one of the current students..

sure... male, 30 yo, from the Eastern Europe, previous experience - public service, GMAT 690...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Management Consulting (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
I will arrive at Singapore on 15th for alumni event on 16th and assessmentday on 17th.
Does anybody go?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts